[DIRECTORS] Kal as SOBDE Regimental and Ordo Skirata Leader of Null

Korm

Name: Korm | Kal | Bail | Einarr

Suggestion: Making Papa Kal SOBDE Regimental, Ordo Skirata Leader of Null.

Implementation: Let's be honest. Papa Kal being SOBDE regimental just makes sense. As I hear, that's what was planned when we got Kal and Null in. Why not bring it to fruition? Besides, I want to stay papa Kal, but lead SOBDE into greatness with @woeny23 and @Square

Lore: It just makes sense, he trained RC and Null

Workshop content if applicable: None

Other: I'd like to go up as SOBDE Reg, since I was Kal for 5 months now, but I want to stay Papa Kal. and I'd only like for this to happen, if I get SOBDE Reg.

• Agree 1
Banned

+1

Named regimental??? I like the sound of that! 

*Edit*

I still like the Idea but taking Ordo away from someone who has been the most dedicated to him without much of a discussion with him just ain't right.

*Edit*

Aw hell, I don't know what to think anymore, I gotta talk to you both and prince.

I'm not sure about this yet. As much as I love Korm and haven't really ever disagreed with him, it just doesn't seem right to me. He was a training SGT and had trained some of the the regular clones alongside the RC/Null, but out of the 4 Squads, only 2 on the server were trained by him. It just doesn't make too much sense to me in my opinion. With other squads who would've had little to no connection with him also being able to run for him or being regulated by someone else who is on the job just seems off. Plus, this would also mean I'd get kicked off my job and I would practically be forcing myself into a different Null spot and preventing others from entering the squad or having to become a CT until I can apply for the position (That is even if I get it in the first place since there is always the possibility of me no longer getting it. This also makes permission really confusing since we have been able to do some things that only BCMD's can do (Null) because of how be train and work with the other clones. Which, in all technicality would leave the Null's power in the hierarchy and especially when it comes to Kal Skirata himself. I believe the man deserves it, don't get me wrong. He even paid his own money to get another model for Kal so he could be even more of a dad and show his gray hairs and face, but it seems like a really big change for something that is in all reality, an unneeded change. And as much as this man has been able to help me grow as a person on the server (In case some don't know, I got arrested around 2-4 times a day my first week or 2 on Null) and how to split my time between RP and staff work so that I can be in the position I am now, there always comes a time when people will disagree. This, sadly, is one of those times. 

-1, Sorry Papa. This man deserves regimental, but I don't know if this change is something worth it. No matter if this gets accepted or not, you will be my Papa.

-1, Kal Skirata has always been the figure head for Null since the beginning of the Server. Taking this away from Null and putting him as Regimental is a selfish pursuit. Not only would this change how Null works but it would also damage the position of Kal in my mind simply because while he did train Omega he had nothing to do with Covert Operations, Delta Squad or Foxtrot. Lore Wise it doesn't make sense (He was a training Sergeant and operated with mainly Null and sometimes Omega after) and I don't think it fits practically in the day to day server operations. If you want to become Regimental just go for it, don't hold on to a position and try and move it. Sorry Korm, I support your application but not this suggestion. @conrad 's statement also has some bearing in this decision.

Edited by Metro
  • Agree 1

"We'll get it done, Colonel. Six out."

2 minutes ago, Metro said:

-1, Kal Skirata has always been the figure head for Null since the beginning of the Server. Taking this away from Null and putting him as Regimental is a selfish pursuit. Not only would this change how Null works but it would also damage the position of Kal in my mind simply because while he did train Omega he had nothing to do with Covert Operations, Delta Squad or Foxtrot. Lore Wise it doesn't make sense (He was a training Sergeant and operated with mainly Null and sometimes Omega after) and I don't think it fits practically in the day to day server operations. If you want to become Regimental just go for it, don't hold on to a position and try and move it. Sorry Korm, I support your application but not this suggestion. @conrad 's statement also has some bearing in this decision.

-1 yea what he said

Current: GM Pighen | Jedi KU Knight Simms

Interesting concept from what Prince said you know him being Ordo and being most affected by this alongside yourself, I'm not too sure...

tenor.gif?itemid=6231561

Former: Commander Cody (x2), ATK Regimental Commander, SOBDE Regimental Commander, 212th XO, Omega Squad Lead Niner, Foxtrot XO, General Kenobi, HA (x2) TRM, GMM, RUS MP Commander 

+1

Spoiler

2ndAC Parjai-4 WO BadDog

Former:   Head Admin |TCO Commander Kix Mechanized Regimental Commander Obi Wan Kenobi Battalion Commander Cody | Wolfpack Commander Comet |104th Jedi Master Plo Koon |TRD |GMD | Overseer | 2ndAC Commander Barlex SO Major DU Commander |Waxer Foxtrot Adi Gallia Quinlan Vos Skywalker Consular leader Shadow leader Guardian Leader Gray Jedi Master Commodore Wilhuff  tarkin 

Sorry Korm, I understand that you are dedicated to the role but I don't think it is fair towards Prince by wanting to take the position with you. Also, you said that you would only like for this change to happen if you get SOBDE Reg....I don't think I can support this. -1

• Agree 1
  • Founder
Founder
16 hours ago, Prince said:

I'm not sure about this yet. As much as I love Korm and haven't really ever disagreed with him, it just doesn't seem right to me. He was a training SGT and had trained some of the the regular clones alongside the RC/Null, but out of the 4 Squads, only 2 on the server were trained by him. It just doesn't make too much sense to me in my opinion. With other squads who would've had little to no connection with him also being able to run for him or being regulated by someone else who is on the job just seems off. Plus, this would also mean I'd get kicked off my job and I would practically be forcing myself into a different Null spot and preventing others from entering the squad or having to become a CT until I can apply for the position (That is even if I get it in the first place since there is always the possibility of me no longer getting it. This also makes permission really confusing since we have been able to do some things that only BCMD's can do (Null) because of how be train and work with the other clones. Which, in all technicality would leave the Null's power in the hierarchy and especially when it comes to Kal Skirata himself. I believe the man deserves it, don't get me wrong. He even paid his own money to get another model for Kal so he could be even more of a dad and show his gray hairs and face, but it seems like a really big change for something that is in all reality, an unneeded change. And as much as this man has been able to help me grow as a person on the server (In case some don't know, I got arrested around 2-4 times a day my first week or 2 on Null) and how to split my time between RP and staff work so that I can be in the position I am now, there always comes a time when people will disagree. This, sadly, is one of those times. 

-1, Sorry Papa. This man deserves regimental, but I don't know if this change is something worth it. No matter if this gets accepted or not, you will be my Papa.

I'm pretty sure it was Delta, Omega, and Null Not just Omega and Null. 

26 minutes ago, Square said:

I'm pretty sure it was Delta, Omega, and Null Not just Omega and Null. 

Delta worked with Null/Omega occasionally, but Walon Vau is their training sergeant and person they respected the most.

Pros: Taking a position out of the sever for more space

Cons: Everybody disagrees, Regimental SOBDE always kinda worked, and SOBDE Regimental shouldn't be controlling all of the SOBDE and running Null at the same time. The work loads would collide as Kal is a Null and if he was to get Regimental status it would add A LOT more work for a position that should just be in Null.

Overall: -1

Former: Shadow Company BCMD, Grey Jedi Master, and Wrath of the Sith

I would like to point this out in Lore kal Skirata was never the leader of the Null class ARC troopers it was ordo skirata all he did was adopt them and train them I honestly feel that Kal moving up to reg would be better cause kal was always a overseer of the squads as well as walon vau. I feel like you guys should read up on your lore. Also it wouldn't at all be a bad idea ordo would just become the leader of it and kal would just move into the reg position and not have to run just null.

• Agree 5
4 hours ago, Tyzen said:

I would like to point this out in Lore kal Skirata was never the leader of the Null class ARC troopers it was ordo skirata all he did was adopt them and train them I honestly feel that Kal moving up to reg would be better cause kal was always a overseer of the squads as well as walon vau. I feel like you guys should read up on your lore. Also it wouldn't at all be a bad idea ordo would just become the leader of it and kal would just move into the reg position and not have to run just null.

Kal just kept Null in line. He'd keep em in check, and have em working in order for them to not get terminated and continue to work with the G.A.R

• Agree 1

Imo all you saying Kal is wrong for this spot is kinda silly. After all. He did work with Delta. They followed him in combat. " They took part in the shut down of a Separatist terror cell operating on Coruscant. The squad would be tasked with locating the Kaminoan defector Ko Sai, though their search would turn up nothing but the scientist's severed head."

Sev loved Kal.

"Sev also felt a sense of jealously toward the commandos who had been trained by Kal Skirata, who treated his trainees as though they were his sons. "

This makes perfect sense to me to make Kal SOBDE Reg.He pretty much is. imo.

• Agree 1
4 hours ago, Tyzen said:

There was multiple missions where Kal acted as leader of the Null. However, through combat it was Ordo. However, my argument of practicality for our server and the lore behind my -1 stand. Kal did not act over Covert, Foxtrot or Delta. That's 3/5ths of the Regiment, it would be asinine to just throw a named character that has supporting lore into a position he has no business being. For my practicality argument, why mess with something that has been successful in the server. I strongly encourage you to read lore as well, because in reality Null wouldn't even be together 90% of the time, during that time they were on missions assigned to them by Kal Skirata. 

27 minutes ago, Korm said:

Imo all you saying Kal is wrong for this spot is kinda silly. After all. He did work with Delta. They followed him in combat. " They took part in the shut down of a Separatist terror cell operating on Coruscant. The squad would be tasked with locating the Kaminoan defector Ko Sai, though their search would turn up nothing but the scientist's severed head."

Sev loved Kal.

"Sev also felt a sense of jealously toward the commandos who had been trained by Kal Skirata, who treated his trainees as though they were his sons. "

This makes perfect sense to me to make Kal SOBDE Reg.He pretty much is. imo.

Isolated Incident, just because he worked one mission with Delta doesn't mean it makes sense lore wise for him to be in charge of them. Sev's feelings regarding Kal also doesn't change the fact he wasn't in charge of that squad. Also your last sentence contradicts your point. While Delta were looking for Ko Sai they never found her matter a fact Delta was unaware of what happened with Ko Sai, they were presented with her head by Skirata and was told it was a suicide just to simply to get the Republic off the track of searching for her. They weren't filled in by Kal about anything that happened.

Korm bruh, your a great Kal however, I do find what you're doing to be selfish. If you want to be Regimental Commander you need to accept the fact that Kal is not the Regimental here nor was he in lore. Kal belongs with Null Squad.

Edited by Metro
Changed Wording on a Few Things
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Joshua said:

So why wouldn't the current ordo to become Null Ordo the Null Leader? I mean there is no terms on squad leaders sooo you wouldn't remove anything from him?

Because he'd have to go through an application process and put on way more responsibilities then he might want. Big difference between squad lead and squad member. Forcing him to do that to keep his character is unfair if he doesn't want it.

Edited by conrad

spacer.pngspacer.png

44 minutes ago, conrad said:

Because he'd have to go through an application process and put on way more responsibilities then he might want. Big difference between squad lead and squad member. Forcing him to do that to keep his character is unfair if he doesn't want it.

Oh i see... Yeah i mean is it lore that Ordo was second in command or can you just choose another character that is not filled out?

After some researching and thinking these are the two options I see.

Kal was given the rank of Advisor within the SOBDE after the Clone Wars started and the Cuy'val Dar disbanded. Yes, Kal was close with NULL whilst Ordo was the true leader - same as other RCs he trained but they as well had their own leaders. Other RC squads were trained by other Bounty Hunters, making Kal not the sole lead of SOBDE training - even if he did train most the RCs that are on the server.

Due to this, he can not be the lead of SOBDE as he is clearly stated as not in lore. That role was held by General Arligan Zey, Director of Special Forces - who granted Kal the continuation of his Advisor role after gaining the Director possition from Iri Camas.

So, this is where the choices come:

Kal cannot be SOBDE Lead as he is held at the rank of Advisor.

or

Due to the fact that the in-lore SOBDE lead is a Jedi General, and in our server we make Regimentals be Clones - the excetion could be made to make Kal such a role.

It could even be bumped up to that the Grand Army trusts RCs to be well off on their own, and it is also widely known SOBDE Reg barely does anything because the squads are so thight-nit, that perhaps the title of SOBDE REG CMD could be changed to SOBDE REG Advisor Kal/SOBDE Advisor Kal. The squads would run themselves, Kal would just keep up with them to make sure all is well and should things go wrong he would go to the Marshal and inform them.

• Agree 2
45 minutes ago, Zyner said:

After some researching and thinking these are the two options I see.

Kal was given the rank of Advisor within the SOBDE after the Clone Wars started and the Cuy'val Dar disbanded. Yes, Kal was close with NULL whilst Ordo was the true leader - same as other RCs he trained but they as well had their own leaders. Other RC squads were trained by other Bounty Hunters, making Kal not the sole lead of SOBDE training - even if he did train most the RCs that are on the server.

Due to this, he can not be the lead of SOBDE as he is clearly stated as not in lore. That role was held by General Arligan Zey, Director of Special Forces - who granted Kal the continuation of his Advisor role after gaining the Director possition from Iri Camas.

So, this is where the choices come:

Kal cannot be SOBDE Lead as he is held at the rank of Advisor.

or

Due to the fact that the in-lore SOBDE lead is a Jedi General, and in our server we make Regimentals be Clones - the excetion could be made to make Kal such a role.

It could even be bumped up to that the Grand Army trusts RCs to be well off on their own, and it is also widely known SOBDE Reg barely does anything because the squads are so thight-nit, that perhaps the title of SOBDE REG CMD could be changed to SOBDE REG Advisor Kal/SOBDE Advisor Kal. The squads would run themselves, Kal would just keep up with them to make sure all is well and should things go wrong he would go to the Marshal and inform them.

My second opinion was to indeed try to get Kal known as the "Advisor." As was his official title in the G.A.R. I like your Idea. @Square@Freck I'd be fine with either of these, should my thing here get accepted.

• Agree 1
  • Founder
Founder

This suggestion has been re-opened for discussion 

- Moved back to pending -

• Disagree 1
  • Founder
Founder

Because of how close the suggestion was with community feedback, this suggestion was re-opened

After further discussion, the suggestion will revert back to being denied due to having too many negatives attached to it