Fold HVO back into HVY and ARF

Name: Monty

RP Rank: SFC

Suggestion: Remove HVO and fold its weapons and skins into HVY and/or ARF

Implementation: HVO has kinda been sitting in a spot for a while of not really having a purpose and just being the job with the rocket launcher. I propose we fold HVO into HVY and/or ARF giving every battalion a open slot to potentially add a new job/named character later down the line. I have 3 potential ideas on how this could be done so I've listed all 3 below. If thats not allowed than I'll pick my favorite and delete the other 2. Anti-vehical mines can be re-included if community wants them but honestly those things have historically done more harm than good and are mainly used by GMs as traps anyway

Lore: In battlefront 2 (2005) the heavy trooper,which our heavy uses the design of, uses a rocket launcher. The ARF job used to have the RPS before JT was removed and HVO was added in its place. also some ARF troopers used rocket launchers during the defense of kamino

If you are asking to add or change a job, fill out the following if not, leave it out.

Option 1:

Add or Change: (Battalion) Heavy trooper
(Any job modification requires all this information)

Job: (Battalion) Heavy Trooper

Slots: same as current

Model: (Battalion)_Heavy (Battalion)_Heavyofficer (Battalion)_Instructor (Battalion)_Officerinstructor
(Provide the model string if on server Ex. models/player/synergy/cblake/ls_squad/ls_trp/lstrp.mdl (Get this from the Q menu)

Weapons: DC-15a, DC-15s, Z6, RPS-6, Tracking launcher
(If you want a modfication to a weapon/saber you must put the weapon string in the suggestion. Ex. tfa_e5 (Get this from the Q menu))

Option 2:

Add or Change: ARF Job

Job: (Battalion) ARF Trooper

Slots: However many it is currently

Model: same as before
(Provide the model string if on server Ex. models/player/synergy/cblake/ls_squad/ls_trp/lstrp.mdl (Get this from the Q menu)

Weapons: DC-15a, DC-15s, DC-15x, RPS-6, Tracking Launcher
(If you want a modfication to a weapon/saber you must put the weapon string in the suggestion. Ex. tfa_e5 (Get this from the Q menu))

Option 3:

Add or Change: Battlaion Heavy and ARF jobs

Job: (Battalion) Heavy Trooper, (Battalion) ARF Trooper

Slots: however many each job has now

Model: Heavy: (Battalion)_Heavy (Battalion)_Heavyofficer (Battalion)_Instructor (Battalion)_Officerinstructor, ARF: Same as before

Weapons: Heavy: DC-15a, DC-15s, Z6, RPS-6. ARF: DC-15a, DC-15s, DC-15x, Tracking launcher (If the mines were included they would go to ARF)

-1.  i don't need to see you be blacklisted from 2 regiments.

• Agree 2
  • Funny 1

Longest Special Operations Member on the server.
 Current: Jedi Chief Instructor l Alpha 98 Nate
Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman l High General Shaak Ti
929b4e909812caa69dc35d62f2db974e.gif?ex=

• Management

HVO was explicitly created for the new rockets all being entity based when fired and anti-vehicle mines being entities with massive explosions. Unless HVY or ARF get restricted to 3 per battalion like HVO this will not happen.

• Agree 1
  • Winner 1

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

Honestly, Bane has it right imo. HVO has proven to be a bit of a fail, it's underutilized, has limited slots, and is just taking up a job per battalion. Give the launchers to ARF (which high key needs a buff anyway) and call it a day. As for the mines, they've been causing more problems than they've really been worth. I'd remove them from most of the kits, maybe leave them to the "lore HVO" classes like Nate and A'den and such?

or y'know, split SUP back into ENG/Pilot and give the Engineers Anti-Vehicle mines, but that's a story for another suggestion.

Maybe people will start taking ARF a little more seriously and they'll actually get some love. +1

Edited by Tec

Future Dev Team Assistant
Current:
CT PVT Alpha-14 Tec :sittingred:
Former: Fleet Admiral Wullf Yularen, Navy Clone Rear Admiral Tec, Chief of Engineering x2, Jedi Knight Etain Tur-Mukan, Null 7 LT Mereel , 104th Command Sergeant Major Command Sergeant Major, Intel Director of the 104th, Republic Navy, Coruscant Guard, 41st, and 501st, Admin, GM for a Week

On 11/3/2023 at 11:41 AM, Tec said:

Honestly, Bane has it right imo. HVO has proven to be a bit of a fail, it's underutilized, has limited slots, and is just taking up a job per battalion. Give the launchers to ARF (which high key needs a buff anyway) and call it a day. As for the mines, they've been causing more problems than they've really been worth. I'd remove them from most of the kits, maybe leave them to the "lore HVO" classes like Nate and A'den and such?

or y'know, split SUP back into ENG/Pilot and give the Engineers Anti-Vehicle mines, but that's a story for another suggestion.

Maybe people will start taking ARF a little more seriously and they'll actually get some love. +1

I can see potential here. Give ARF rockets. Limit to like... 5? per battalion and remove the mines altogether. Nobody uses them. Ever.  

but this would be a new suggestion.

• Friendly 1

Longest Special Operations Member on the server.
 Current: Jedi Chief Instructor l Alpha 98 Nate
Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman l High General Shaak Ti
929b4e909812caa69dc35d62f2db974e.gif?ex=

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/4/2023 at 6:10 PM, Mystic said:

I can see potential here. Give ARF rockets. Limit to like... 5? per battalion and remove the mines altogether. Nobody uses them. Ever.  

but this would be a new suggestion.

If you don't mind me workshoping this idea a bit, what about editing the officer job into an arf officer job with limited slots and the rockets? Officer job has never really had a greater purpose outside of afking for money and the class weapon it currently has aint great, and doing this would make it so ARF branch still gets rockets, officer job serves a purpose, rockets are still tied to a limited slot class, heavies still get an option not to wear the bacara helmet, and every battalion would still get a new open class slot

• Confused 1
  • Bruh 2
  • 3 months later...

+1 honestly best bet is to give Rockets to ARC which is are ready limited and limit ARF and make it so people have to go through a training to be an ARF so not everyone has tollways access to rockets this will increase both the amount of people wanting to go for these positions. 

Current: Rancor Colt
Past spots: 501st XO, 501st CMD, 501st WO Appo, TC Hardcase, 332nd office, ATK Reg Purge, Keller Unit Vinnie, General Luminara, 41st GCO ARCL Draa, 3rd Crosshair on the Server, Hunter, Sith Marauder  TRO, GMM, VA x3. CIS Tac Droid, Guild Cabinet Member

The person who made a treaty with the sith as a clone