Bring back Rotation Schedule

Casanova

Name: Casanova

RP Rank: SGM

Suggestion: As the title suggests

Implementation: Make a google sheets document

Description: Back on endor we had a rotation schedule for which each battaltion had an assigned time to be at an outpost and be stationed there.
I think we should add this for Onderon at outpost Thesh becuase it gives each battalion an oppurtunity to both train as a team and give the staff members of each battalion a chance to do fun things for their battaltions.

A 30-60 min for one battalion at a time with different kinds of RP and "mini-encounters" it could be everything from boxrp to a shootemup. 

This would also give server wide events a chance to happen in a cool way, for example thesh is attacked when 21st is stationed there, they radio for backup and the rest of the base can partake. 

For this to work, communication is key. If a GM wants to do an event starting at thesh, talk to the battalion stationed there, tell them their comms are being jammed if the GM doesnt want the base to know yet, or tell them to radio in for backup if they see enemies if they want the base to get there. 

There are all kinds of things you could do with this, with the only thing stopping you being your imagination!

f

Other: Old schedule for Anaxes. We'd do something similar to this but obviously with Thesh and maybe even some area in sector 2 if we want to extend it
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1y3EEbYqnS9WtsyjthLOqM36UTUlg8YGuNvamKJNRzvs/edit#gid=0

• Agree 1
  • Pay Respect 1
  • Dumb 1

-1. Not shit to do at Thesh, Passive RP quality has dropped over the years and droids shoot through the walls of the outpost. Just wouldn't be fun. 

Longest Special Operations Member on the server.
 Current: Jedi Chief Instructor l Alpha 98 Nate
Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman l High General Shaak Ti
929b4e909812caa69dc35d62f2db974e.gif?ex=

44 minutes ago, Zeros said:

Anaxes had multiple outposts/way larger of an area. Being stuck at Thesh would just be incredibly boring. -1

i agree sorry casanova -1

• Agree 1
  • Dumb 1

Former: Senator Gume Saam, Ghost Company Wyler, 2ndAC Goji, 104th SGM, Tactical Droid 4268, TR DU Shadow Jedi, Senior Admin

Current: Oddball, SUPL, 501st Jedi Shadow, Veteran Admin, and Best-Looking Guy On Server

spacer.png           

Warthog                               Hawk                                Oddball

Not enough people go to Thesh to the point it has to be reserved 

9 times out of 10 there's no one there and nothing going on.

If you want to do something like this than just go to Thesh and ask a staff member to spawn droids.

Current: Dumbass

Former: 501st ARFL LTC Boomer, 104th WP HVYL COL Sinker, Doom's Unit MEDL 1stLT Kortnul, 212th Ghost Company ARCL CPT Reed, Omega 15 CPT Fi, Omega 22 SGM Atin , Omega 09 CPT Niner , Veteran Admin x2

• Management

I do admit the patrol schedules we had back on Endor were amazing. Having set times where a battalion would patrol this sector of the map, man the base walls, or occupy one of the 2 then later 3 outposts pushed the players to create their own fun. At the time we also had the Sith faction who could pose as "civilians" as well so patrols could vary from time to time. 

Unfortunately the server isn't like it was back in 2018. Most players expect every patrol to turn into a shootemup event and most players never step foot in Outpost Thesh unless there are NPCs inside to shoot. The actual proper civilian faction now also doesn't create a fraction of entertainment that the Sith faction did at the time and that's all to do with the state of RP in the server. I wish it were different but the way I currently see it right now is that a schedule system that forces players to go sit at Thesh for 30 minutes or so will probably only lead to people disconnecting or doing anything other than passive RP while there. Or they'd just expect a staff member to spawn 100s of droids or a BH Guild to raid Thesh. (Also not saying bring back Sith they sucked)

This system returning is very unlikely as much as I liked it back then. Just wouldn't work in today's Synergy Roleplay sadly. I implore everyone that would like a system like this to go ahead and take a group of people out to Thesh every chance you get and just chill there or even just patrol around. No staff, no droids, just passive RP. It's a great start.

• Winner 1

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

15 minutes ago, Marvel said:

I do admit the patrol schedules we had back on Endor were amazing. Having set times where a battalion would patrol this sector of the map, man the base walls, or occupy one of the 2 then later 3 outposts pushed the players to create their own fun. At the time we also had the Sith faction who could pose as "civilians" as well so patrols could vary from time to time. 

Unfortunately the server isn't like it was back in 2018. Most players expect every patrol to turn into a shootemup event and most players never step foot in Outpost Thesh unless there are NPCs inside to shoot. The actual proper civilian faction now also doesn't create a fraction of entertainment that the Sith faction did at the time and that's all to do with the state of RP in the server. I wish it were different but the way I currently see it right now is that a schedule system that forces players to go sit at Thesh for 30 minutes or so will probably only lead to people disconnecting or doing anything other than passive RP while there. Or they'd just expect a staff member to spawn 100s of droids or a BH Guild to raid Thesh. (Also not saying bring back Sith they sucked)

This system returning is very unlikely as much as I liked it back then. Just wouldn't work in today's Synergy Roleplay sadly. I implore everyone that would like a system like this to go ahead and take a group of people out to Thesh every chance you get and just chill there or even just patrol around. No staff, no droids, just passive RP. It's a great start.

Combine this and the BVB suggestion.

Bring back CIS and have a Faction v Faction.

• Pay Respect 2

Longest Special Operations Member on the server.
 Current: Jedi Chief Instructor l Alpha 98 Nate
Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman l High General Shaak Ti
929b4e909812caa69dc35d62f2db974e.gif?ex=

Or someone can make an F.O.B that players set up however they will set it up by doing rp but who actually does rp now a days. But extremely hot take but what made the rotation back Endor for in 2019 was how players was involved with rp, not only that but Sith “love them or hate them” would bring some entertainment at Bravo that being a civilian or challenge Jedi to a fun duel that everyone loved to watch. 

Edited by KillJoy

Current: Rancor Colt
Past spots: 501st XO, 501st CMD, 501st WO Appo, TC Hardcase, 332nd office, ATK Reg Purge, Keller Unit Vinnie, General Luminara, 41st GCO ARCL Draa, 3rd Crosshair on the Server, Hunter, Sith Marauder  TRO, GMM, VA x3. CIS Tac Droid, Guild Cabinet Member

The person who made a treaty with the sith as a clone 

• 1 month later...
On 10/2/2023 at 2:56 AM, Mystic said:

Combine this and the BVB suggestion.

Bring back CIS and have a Faction v Faction.

actually best take as always

+1

Future Dev Team Assistant
Current:
CT PVT Alpha-14 Tec :sittingred:
Former: Fleet Admiral Wullf Yularen, Navy Clone Rear Admiral Tec, Chief of Engineering x2, Jedi Knight Etain Tur-Mukan, Null 7 LT Mereel , 104th Command Sergeant Major Command Sergeant Major, Intel Director of the 104th, Republic Navy, Coruscant Guard, 41st, and 501st, Admin, GM for a Week

• 5 weeks later...

Unfortunately, this suggestion has been DENIED.

If the same suggestion is submitted again within 60 DAYS of this post it will be automatically denied.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO [CW] SERVER SUGGESTIONS - DENIED

Denial reasons:
(These are some reasons that your suggestion might get denied for.)

• Not providing sufficient information.
    • Ex: Just linking the workshop and not giving us the actual model path you want to use.
  • The addon's size is way too big compared to its content(s).
    • Ex: 35mb for one model.
  • Lack of feedback.
    • Ex: Post has been up for 3 weeks and only received 1-10 votes.
  • Majority negative feedback.
  • Bad optimization and/or causes bad performance on the server.
  • Having multiple suggestions within one thread.
  • Bothering leadership/development team regarding a suggestion.
  • Suggesting a previously denied suggestion within 60 days of denial.