Experience: 

[ 501st - PVT>SGT ]

[ 187th - PVT>CPT (REGO)]

[ 21st - 2ndLT>MAJ (Spark)]

[ 41st - 2ndLT>CMD (Faie)]

[ 21st x2 - PVT WO ]

[ 41st x2 - CSM>CPT (REGL)]

[ DU CSM>BCMD (Tiplee/Doom)]

Looking back at the term, it was definitely not the best term. However, I learned a lot from it, I was 15 after all. Being at a young age, I was bound to make mistakes but learning from them and improving is what makes a good leader, which is what I had done. Although, throughout my term I kept DU to be next to 212th in terms of activity. 

[ 212th - MAJ>LTC (Gregor)] 

Gained a lot of relationships within the 212th. Leading foxtrot was the best position on this server by far. I grew such a strong relationship with my squad and made the most out of the time I had with them before Foxtrot’s removal. Within 212th, I learned a lot of the systems they used and inspired me to do more in the future. This time was when I first immersed myself into the servers Roleplay as Gregor. 

[ 104th - PVT>BCMD (Boost/Comet/Wolffe/REGL]

Probably my most successful run on this server. I put 104th into one of the best spots its been in on this server. It was the most active battalion and had a healthy inner relationship. I was very proud to think that my 10-11 months in this battalion has gone to a good use. Some changes I made were definitely long term and stuck through. While my time ended in 104th, I used my time to inspire others and mentor their time on the server which encouraged me to move further up the chain to regimental.

[ RCMD (Siege)]

Although I may have not served an entire term, I definitely learned a lot from my short time as RCMD due to real life problems arising. Being a part of High Command is an entirely different story compared to any other position on this server. Gaining that experience I think it really changed my look on a lot of things especially with the way I work with people now. The most important thing  that I’ve learned from being RCMD, is being blunt and addressing things how they should be. 

[ 21st x3 - PVT>LT (Charger)]

Reworked most of the battalion. Assisted Gadget in battalion affairs. While I was Charger, I had gotten KU on its feet after being in a terrible state for quite some time. Although the KU uprise was not long term, it goes to show I can repair even KU.

[ SOBDE - PVT>CPT (Boss/Sev)]

As I am currently Boss, I will say that being Squad Lead of Delta Squad is an experience like none other. Once I had taken the job of Boss, the squad was in a disarray. It was only me and the Squad XO. Myself and the XO worked on an entire new tryout which dictated who would be the next Sev and Scorch for the future. After filling Delta Squad, it had been improved 100% compared to the Delta Squad 1 month ago. I had pushed the squad for 30 training sessions, which was the most hosted in SOBDE. I am very proud of where the squad is now and will continue to push it into the correct direction. In addition, the squad has reach SOTM in SOBDE.

Why should you become a Battalion Commander?:

I believe I am the best candidate for the SOBDE BCMD position due to my strong leadership and overwhelming amount of passion and drive for this battalion. I have shown time and time again in this server that I will not let my battalion fall down and will always continue at an upwards scale. The battalion has been more united than ever, the position of BCMD in SOBDE is what makes that happen, therefore, someone with my skill set, would be able to maintain a consistent status with all the squads. Not only will the battalion be maintaining, but improving. The battalion reaching achievements is a sign of success, but there is more yet to come if someone is there to constantly drive the squads towards those goals. Active, communicative, leader, respective, and courteous are my most important traits. 

Availability:

Weekdays: 4pm-10pm EST

Weekends: 12pm - 12am EST

Estimate of how long you’ve played on Synergy Roleplay?:

4-5 Years

Do you have a microphone?:

Yes, I do.

Where do you want your battalion to be at the end of your term?:

At the end of my term I want SOBDE to be at a greater level of condition compared to what it is now. Although SOBDE may be in a very good state now, there is never a perfect person, place, or thing. I will ensure that SOBDE will not only be in a good state like it is now, but even better. Iceman has done a hell of a job, however, it is now up to the next person, which will be me, to take the torch and lead the way. I will continue to see SOBDE dominate every month of my term. If I am going to see that, then there must be improvements. Starting from the top, the battalion needs to start working outside the comfort zone, moving away from just the familiar faces and instead creating new relationships with other battalions. Additionally, I want to see a very proactive battalion, one that is present to popularized events and making their face common to the community. Numbers are not everything but it's the quality that comes with it, even if there are 3 members on, the roleplay potential does not change. Roleplay is one of the biggest factors of this battalion, seeing it get better would be an outstanding accomplishment. Upholding standards and being consistent is something that can not be lost in no way shape or form. 

Now allow me to show some further details of the main changes I see fit for the future of the battalion.

“Cracking the Shell”: SOBDE has not been the best at opening up to other battalions. Which is why this is priority #1 for myself and my peers. How this can be achieved is by first avoiding the old ways at how SOBDE tried to do this which was the outreach system, it doesn’t work. However, something that has worked a lot in the current times, is competitions and incentivizing as well as getting involved with helping battalions in need of it once at a time. Doing more of the three things I listed could be a keystone to unlocking potential relationships with other battalions. 

SOBDE currently has a “task force filled with 4 active day-to-day members within it. If requested by high command, we will actively help out said battalion, like 501st in the past. This system will be further evaluated and improved during my term. Doing so will actively create new relationships and bonds between SOBDE and other battalions. 

How will I improve said system? Easy, actively taking command of the force and staying in active communication with fellow battalion high command in order to advise the correct help. In order for this to happen, the current task force will be evaluated to ensure maximum activity and productivity within this force. Of course issues could arise in the future, however, that’s why I will personally oversee the system.

Redesigning the Quota System: Currently there is a loose quota system that was recently implemented into SOBDE. The quota being 1 SIM Training for Officers and 1 Spec training for NCOs. The flaws are already there for this system especially since it is not very strict. If the squad lead doesn’t pay attention to it, then a squad member could get off scotch free with hosting 0 training sessions. With my change I will not only be making it easier to reach but more strict. 

I would be changing the current quota system into a Squad Quota. Making each squad have to work together to fill the quota instead of each person doing their own quota. Of Course there may be flaws to this newly thought up plan but it will be tweaked and improved as time goes on.

Roleplay: This difference from playing a normal trooper and a SOBDE trooper is huge. Being on a SOBDE lore character job comes with tons of responsibilities, one being the roleplay. Being able to play your character correctly has been challenging for some people. But from what I’ve seen it can be fixed. Reaching out to each other and helping one another out to learn their characters is something I have done during my time here. Not only have I done this myself but I have witnessed others do it too. Although there may be a server wide Roleplayer of the week, I will be implementing a SOBDE side version of this. Earning this will not only grant you a prize and perks, but some glory as well. People in the battalion will be more frequent to ask for help to better their roleplay game, creating an upward spiral for improving one another.

Mindset: BOTM is definitely a massive goal checked off, although the curse will not reach us under my watch. The past couple battalions have fallen after reaching BOTM, yet the fear of SOBDE falling is not anywhere crossing my mind. Under my leadership, I will not allow this to happen. Yes it seems really easy to say, maintaining the retention of the player base is a priority. In prior statements, I will be enduring activities and operations for the battalion to rely on in order to maintain its glory. We tripled our work last month, having a dramatic fall is not in our path. 

Do you understand that if you go inactive you will be removed from your position?:

Yes, I do.

Do you understand that your position has a three month term limit and you must reapply after three months to maintain your commander rank?:

Yes, I do.

spacer.png

Edited by Slak
  • Winner 1

Notably Known as: Regimental Commander, Battalion Commander Doom, Last Foxtrot Lead Gregor, Boss, Sev, Battalion Commander Wolffe, Boost, Comet, Commander Faie, Charger

Currently: Crosshair & Shaak Ti

spacer.png

32 minutes ago, Bacta said:

whats your stance on making SOBDE funny in 2023 @Slak

Interesting question….

I believe humor is one of the biggest components of people coming back to play everyday. Humor is something could be hard to find, but SOBDE finds the best in everybody. This will be no problem at all, as a matter of fact, I would say SOBDE is already moderately funny. Thank you for sharing interest in the application and I hope I answered this correctly. 

• Winner 1

Notably Known as: Regimental Commander, Battalion Commander Doom, Last Foxtrot Lead Gregor, Boss, Sev, Battalion Commander Wolffe, Boost, Comet, Commander Faie, Charger

spacer.png

1 minute ago, Eclipse said:

+1 but why have a quota system at all?

The quota system was implemented to create a bigger push for BOTM which has been proven to help us get there. Removing it now could result in less motivation from members since we have adapted to this implementation already.

• Disagree 1
  • Winner 1
  • Informative 1

spacer.png

Head Admin

+1 W rizz, best of luck! 

• Friendly 1

Kaiser        Zeros        Clutch

spacer.png

GM Leadership

+1 

• Friendly 1

Former:
Veteran Admin | Game Master Manager
CMD Alpha 17  | BCMD Gree 

• Management

Congratulations, You have been ACCEPTED for a commander interview!

Please contact a Director to organise your interview.

Failure to do so within 7 DAYS of this post will result in the DENIAL of your application.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO COMMANDER APPLICATIONS - PENDING

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

• Management

This application has been VOIDED by the author.

You are permitted to put up another application for other positions, however;

If you void another commander application within 30 DAYS, then you're subject to a 30 DAY cooldown from applying.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO COMMANDER APPLICATIONS - DENIED

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk