Make Support Branch Functional Again

Butter

Name: Butter 

RP Rank: Captain

So If you all are unaware of the current situation with support Troopers on the Server It Is As Follows 
Player Pop - Below 60 Players Any Pilot Trained Can Fly 
Player Pop - 61 to 80 Players It Goes To Support Trooper Jobs
Player Pop - 81 to 100 Players It Becomes Lore Character Jobs Only
Player Pop - Above 100 Event/Boarding Parties (Only When Needed)

These Are The Server Rules For Flying. Now I Think It Is Unfair that Support Personnel
Go through ATC Training, Engineer Training, Pilot Training for Attack Ships and Support Ships, 
Then A Battalion Tryout Just to be a Support Trooper and then Have some random person 
Steal there Laat Because "they are pilot trained" or "the server pop isn't high enough" 

First Off When have we actually gotten to those populations where the server is playable..
I mean honestly we get to 80 pop and Its a slideshow
This is no offense But those Player Pops Should not be that High..
No Its actually so much simpler. 

Suggestion & Implementation

This Is What I Propose 

Remove The Player Pop Entirely. 

Make The Rules Be As Follows

All Support Troopers Have immediate Prioritization Over Spawned In Aircraft. 
During Deployments If Limited Air Vehicles Slots are available Let Lore Pilots Get Dibs Then If None are there Go To Support Troopers
If there is more Aircraft Than Support Troopers Then Allow The Pilot Trained Personnel To Aid and Assist 
Kind of like how the 104th Have all authority and Dibs on AT-TE's and TX's same thing here.

Lore
Pilots Fly

The Reason Im even Suggesting this is for the simple fact that support troopers have been The Lowest recruiting branch on the server. 
Thus Because We Cant Even Do Our Primary Job. Which is Be a Pilot. 
We are Glorified Armor Dropping vehicle repairing Engineering Mechanics. But That's not all we want to do. Hell If we wanted to be 
Engineers so bad we would all band together and try to get the engineer job back. 
This is justa simple suggest That if gets approved will Actively Make More Use out of Support Troopers and allow us to do our Jobs
Its Sad That All other Branches Get to Do their Jobs Whilst our can get stolen and we just sit there. 
Let Actual Dedicated Pilots Fly and Do what they enjoy. if you wanna be a pilot so bad then join support. 
This Has been My Shpeel on all this Hopefully its enough information to get where I hope it Goes. 
-Butter Out

Edited by Butter
FoRmAt
  • Agree 1
  • Pay Respect 1
  • Dumb 2

Former 327th Former DU Officer x2 Former 501st TC Last ATKO Former Blackout and Shortest JetFormer 41st GCD Cooker Former CIS Droideka Former 104th Wolpack Lead Warthog 212th GC Jedi Knight Siri Tachi 

"Certified Clover Crew Member"-Lucky IKEA Squad 2019-Omalic

Theres a suggestion format. Please use it or this'll probably be denied

• Agree 1
  • Bruh 2

Longest Special Operations Member on the server.
 Current: Jedi Chief Instructor l Alpha 98 Nate
Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman l High General Shaak Ti929b4e909812caa69dc35d62f2db974e.gif?ex=

bruh moment

Edited by Butter
  • Agree 1
  • Dumb 2

Former 327th Former DU Officer x2 Former 501st TC Last ATKO Former Blackout and Shortest JetFormer 41st GCD Cooker Former CIS Droideka Former 104th Wolpack Lead Warthog 212th GC Jedi Knight Siri Tachi 

+1, despite the format being unused the points here are valid, from everything I've heard with the merging of ENG, SUP, and PLT units, then SUP should typically have dibs on flights unless there are extenuating circumstances where perhaps one unit is trying to move to a secondary objective during an event and wants one of their own trained pilots on the job(which simply makes sense). But overall if the SUPS are well equipped for it with their repair tools just from a unit effectiveness standpoint them being the pilots makes sense, they can safely land and repair/rearm at their own discretion, knowing when their vehicle is hit.

Forum Admin

As far as I am aware, don't support JOBS still have priority in all cases in flying? Like how medics have priority in medical RP and medbay, engineers in engine room, etc? Those numbers are the arbitrary line drawn to ensure that a lower density of people have the ability to take out a plane to reduce lag.

• Agree 2

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

• Management
Management

Pilots already have priority over flying

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

Outside looking in you guys dont see it. Its almost everyday when we ask to fly a LAAT But no one gets out and support Jobs end up just sitting in the LAAT while a ARC trooper or any other person who got in it first wont get out. 

Its not just me who sees this. Support is dying and this will fix it

16 hours ago, Butter said:

Name: Butter 

RP Rank: Captain

So If you all are unaware of the current situation with support Troopers on the Server It Is As Follows 
Player Pop - Below 60 Players Any Pilot Trained Can Fly 
Player Pop - 61 to 80 Players It Goes To Support Trooper Jobs
Player Pop - 81 to 100 Players It Becomes Lore Character Jobs Only
Player Pop - Above 100 Event/Boarding Parties (Only When Needed)

These Are The Server Rules For Flying. Now I Think It Is Unfair that Support Personnel
Go through ATC Training, Engineer Training, Pilot Training for Attack Ships and Support Ships, 
Then A Battalion Tryout Just to be a Support Trooper and then Have some random person 
Steal there Laat Because "they are pilot trained" or "the server pop isn't high enough" 

First Off When have we actually gotten to those populations where the server is playable..
I mean honestly we get to 80 pop and Its a slideshow
This is no offense But those Player Pops Should not be that High..
No Its actually so much simpler. 

Suggestion & Implementation

This Is What I Propose 

Remove The Player Pop Entirely. 

Make The Rules Be As Follows

All Support Troopers Have immediate Prioritization Over Spawned In Aircraft. 
During Deployments If Limited Air Vehicles Slots are available Let Lore Pilots Get Dibs Then If None are there Go To Support Troopers
If there is more Aircraft Than Support Troopers Then Allow The Pilot Trained Personnel To Aid and Assist 
Kind of like how the 104th Have all authority and Dibs on AT-TE's and TX's same thing here.

Lore
Pilots Fly

The Reason Im even Suggesting this is for the simple fact that support troopers have been The Lowest recruiting branch on the server. 
Thus Because We Cant Even Do Our Primary Job. Which is Be a Pilot. 
We are Glorified Armor Dropping vehicle repairing Engineering Mechanics. But That's not all we want to do. Hell If we wanted to be 
Engineers so bad we would all band together and try to get the engineer job back. 
This is justa simple suggest That if gets approved will Actively Make More Use out of Support Troopers and allow us to do our Jobs
Its Sad That All other Branches Get to Do their Jobs Whilst our can get stolen and we just sit there. 
Let Actual Dedicated Pilots Fly and Do what they enjoy. if you wanna be a pilot so bad then join support. 
This Has been My Shpeel on all this Hopefully its enough information to get where I hope it Goes. 
-Butter Out

We already lowered the pop requirements for flying. And made it a public announcement regarding it. This is outdated information

And the second half of the suggestion is literally player pop requirement without saying it is -1

Kal Skirata                                                                                                                                                   Bacta                    Marvel                     Brooklyn

bc138de7013cca175b6f156e3713ccb8.png

I beat Jad in a spar first try.

1 hour ago, Brooklyn said:

We already lowered the pop requirements for flying. And made it a public announcement regarding it. This is outdated information

And the second half of the suggestion is literally player pop requirement without saying it is -1

Still Doessnt Change My Suggestion If this announcement was Made then why were All the SUPL Not Informed of this. 
 It funny that all the people -1 This Arent Support troopers

• Confused 1
  • Dumb 1

+1 all people who are -1 this are not SUP. Look at it from our point of view. It should not be based on player population, the amount of SUP varies with the server pop. Some days there is a lot of SUP and some days there is not. When there is a lot of SUP on (granted we are one of the smallest regiments, so not a lot) when there are ships to fly and such, some random people who are not SUP also want to go flying so that takes limited spots away from SUP due to maybe too many fighters in the air or lag. I don't care if you guys want to fly as well, you can go for it. It's just that I'm kinda tired of being grounded due to having a lot of fighters in the air or having to sit in the LAAT when I'm SUP when the ARF who is just pilot-trained is flying around with no RP base at all. 

Also, I see only the SUP doing the RP that goes with pilot training like ATC and Maintenance on the starship. They just press E and go at it not even caring if they crash into each other or not cause the admin can just spawn another in. 

Edited by PhaserLazer
  • Dumb 1

Current: 212th MAJ | Ghost Company Lead

Former: Ahsoka Tano, 501st WO, 212th REGA, 212th ARCO, 212th SUPL x2

Commander of Wooley Company

spacer.png

Forum Admin

It seems like you have a misunderstanding of how the flight rules work.

Pilot JOBS will always have priority over NON-PILOT jobs; regardless of player pop. The outcome you want is already in place, you just need to start enforcing it.

The playerpop rules however, are what stipulate for which jobs can have vehicles spawned. This is for server HEALTH reasons.

If you want the broader rule changed of who can fly in general, that would require a separate suggestion.

• Agree 1
  • Winner 1
  • Friendly 1

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

Forum Admin

Unfortunately, this suggestion has been DENIED.

If the same suggestion is submitted again within 60 DAYS of this post it will be automatically denied.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO [CW] SERVER SUGGESTIONS - DENIED

Denial reasons:
(These are some reasons that your suggestion might get denied for.)

• Not providing sufficient information.
    • Ex: Just linking the workshop and not giving us the actual model path you want to use.
  • The addon's size is way too big compared to its content(s).
    • Ex: 35mb for one model.
  • Lack of feedback.
    • Ex: Post has been up for 3 weeks and only received 1-10 votes.
  • Majority negative feedback.
  • Bad optimization and/or causes bad performance on the server.
  • Having multiple suggestions within one thread.
  • Bothering leadership/development team regarding a suggestion.
  • Suggesting a previously denied suggestion within 60 days of denial.

• Agree 1
  • Winner 1

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3