Bring DU back or Axe it completely

Ccmonty

Name: Monty

RP Rank: SGM

Suggestion: Bring DU back or Axe it completely. We're at the point where during peak hours we regularly get 60-70 people online along with how massive some battalions are getting sometimes having 20+ members on at once, we have more then enough people to reintroduce DU and at this point DU is taking up a spot that could be filled by either a returning battalion or a new, possibly OC, one. Also if DU were to get removed then we could give a shield to a trooper class, which we desperately need more of as the play bases overall defensive power has gone down drastically since DU was locked

Implementation: Open up Commander Doom Apps and once filled bring back DU, or remove DU and replace it with a different battalion

• Confused 1
  • Dumb 3

I mean it existing in our files isnt exactly hurting anyone. The Requirement is there, if we dont meet it then thats that. If then in the future do reach the pop, we already removed the battalion and have to do the whole process again. Surely this is more of a issue of it being Doom's Unit being hanged over us.. and not another battalion, Is the incentive being Doom's Unit not a good one, is there another battalion you would propose could be brought in if we reach pop.

Your not thinking this correctly.. We need to reach an average pop for ANY Battalion to be added/reinstated.

• Agree 2

Currently trying to not be a forum gremlin

Former Chancellor Palpatine | Former Yoda & Mace Windu | Former Shaak Ti & Anakin | Former Delta Squad Scorch | Former Mas Amedda | Former Director | Former Management

• Management

Just because 1-2 battalions have really good numbers doesn't mean we have the pop to bring DU back or replace it with another battalion. We have multiple battalions atm trying to keep their heads above the water and all this would do is negatively effect those battalions.

Also what are people supposed to vote on here? Why did you make it a do this or do that scenario? Do you want DU removed or do you want it back??? I don't get it...

We have no intentions on bringing DU back or introducing a new battalion until we hit our activity goal of 70 - 80 concurrent players everyday throughout the week and if we feel that another battalion would not harm the health of all the other battalions.

• Agree 2

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

+1 if we had another battalion to look to besides DU.

If they arent willing to do that then -1. Take what we can get. 

DU has never been wildly popular, and had its fair share of haters. Using it as incentive is a poor idea as people won't look forward to it. That's just my 2 cents.

Longest Special Operations Member on the server.
 Current: Jedi Chief Instructor l Alpha 98 Nate
Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman l High General Shaak Ti
929b4e909812caa69dc35d62f2db974e.gif?ex=

I honestly I have been enjoying the absence of DU and finding it better with just the current battalions, just my opinion. I don't fully agree with either side of removing or  keeping them. However, they had models created for them which means money has been spent on the battalion as a whole. 

I also do believe DU's role on this server is very obsolete and very easily replaceable.

Notably Known as: Regimental Commander, Battalion Commander Doom, Last Foxtrot Lead Gregor, Boss, Sev, Battalion Commander Wolffe, Boost, Comet, Commander Faie, Charger

Currently: Crosshair & Shaak Ti

spacer.png

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/30/2023 at 4:37 PM, Marvel said:

Just because 1-2 battalions have really good numbers doesn't mean we have the pop to bring DU back or replace it with another battalion. We have multiple battalions atm trying to keep their heads above the water and all this would do is negatively effect those battalions.

Also what are people supposed to vote on here? Why did you make it a do this or do that scenario? Do you want DU removed or do you want it back??? I don't get it...

We have no intentions on bringing DU back or introducing a new battalion until we hit our activity goal of 70 - 80 concurrent players everyday throughout the week and if we feel that another battalion would not harm the health of all the other battalions.

-1 Marvel pretty much made an excellent point.. There's no point in removing DU due to the fact that once things pick-up, it's a likely story that the suggestion of 'Bring back DU' will arise and the discussion will be similar to this. Just keep it in and use it when it's appropriate.

Formerly: Coruscant Guard Snow, Temple Guard Gatekeeper V

spacer.png

Systems Dev

Pending 

To be reviewed by the Server Directors

Xaze Achievements 

Spoiler

Xaze's Secretary

Xaze's Girlfriend 

Xaze's Wife

• Management

DENIED

In our current state we are not looking into reopening or replacing DU. Until server pop improves and we feel that bringing DU back will not negatively impact the rest of the server it will remain closed.

If we can get a consistent 70+ players daily then we will reconsider.

• Informative 1

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

• Management

Unfortunately, this suggestion has been DENIED.

If the same suggestion is submitted again within 60 DAYS of this post it will be automatically denied.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO [CW] SERVER SUGGESTIONS - DENIED

Denial reasons:
(These are some reasons that your suggestion might get denied for.)

• Not providing sufficient information.
    • Ex: Just linking the workshop and not giving us the actual model path you want to use.
  • The addon's size is way too big compared to its content(s).
    • Ex: 35mb for one model.
  • Lack of feedback.
    • Ex: Post has been up for 3 weeks and only received 1-10 votes.
  • Majority negative feedback.
  • Bad optimization and/or causes bad performance on the server.
  • Having multiple suggestions within one thread.
  • Bothering leadership/development team regarding a suggestion.
  • Suggesting a previously denied suggestion within 60 days of denial.

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif