Rotate to rp_arquitens instead of the venator

Bane

Name: Bane/Trapper

RP Rank: Commander

Suggestion: Rotate to RP_Arquitens instead of the Venator. While I get the Venator is an awesome custom map that took time to edit, half of my battalion fucking hate it. The other half play naval or jedi while we’re on the Venator. I understand completely why operations love the Venator, and I think this is a good compromise between the Venator and just staying on Anaxes. You have a large detailed map with a base AND a ship for naval. Beyond that, the terrain and design of the base really lend themselves to interesting and atmospheric events. The Venator events are few and far between, and almost all of them are boring and monotonous. The large skybox also really lends itself to piloting/spawning in enemy ships. There is also a whole village for Bounty Hunters to use, There’s a set of crystal caves for the Jedi, and there’s plenty of wilderness for conflict and rp. Overall, the way the base and Arquitens are situated really help to encourage roleplay as well. Seeing as how Arquitens are known as “Jedi Class Cruisers”, some of the rooms on the Arquitens could be repurposed into a Council room and a meditation area. 

Implementation:

We would use the RP_Arquitens map instead for of the SR_Venator map, but I foresee need for some changes. At the very least a brig would need to be set up, because as far as I remember there isn’t one on the map. Some small changes might also be necessary to accommodate jedi/put the Synergy Stamp on the map.

Lore: Arquitens class space ship holding orbit over a Republic Outpost on a snow planet.

Workshop content if applicable:
In the Event Server content pack, but here is the link anyways 

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1960606799

Former: A lot of shit dude

• Management
Management

Now I don’t think this is a bad idea and I might be wrong here but isn’t there some pretty bad performance issues on this map when over like 50-60 players.

I love the map and think it would actually be really nice for a main server map. Like you said it does have a ton to offer and honestly I would like to see if it’s possible to put the Arquitens cruiser on the new map above the base where operations can do roleplay. That would be sick. 

• Agree 1

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

7 minutes ago, Marvel said:

Now I don’t think this is a bad idea and I might be wrong here but isn’t there some pretty bad performance issues on this map when over like 50-60 players.

I love the map and think it would actually be really nice for a main server map. Like you said it does have a ton to offer and honestly I would like to see if it’s possible to put the Arquitens cruiser on the new map above the base where operations can do roleplay. That would be sick. 

As far as I know the map is relatively stable at all player levels, but I’ve never heard anything to the contrary 

Ah! My favorite GM map, its a classic, 

That ship is way to small for our server, , i believe the size of MHB on our venator is almost the size, its super cramped, i remember deploying 212th with like 30 people and it was like really scuffed.  So most likly it will have to just be Navy operating which honestly could spark some interesting stuff.

Ill try it out later this week or two and see how it could go with a bigger size, and a longer time. I see some awesome potential  with the village and that entire sector of the map that no one really uses. 

Edited by Bacta

220px-Trump_The_Art_of_The_Deal2C_cover2

1 minute ago, Bacta said:

Ah! My favorite GM map, its a classic, 

That ship is way to small for our server, load into the map you will see the most cramped venator you will ever see, i believe the size of MHB on our venator is almost the size, its super cramped, i remember deploying 212th with like 30 people and it was like to cramped.  So most likly it will have to just be Navy operating which honestly could spark some interesting stuff.

Ill try it out later this week or two and see how it could go with a bigger size, and a longer time.

The base also has rooms for people to spawn, the idea is that we would split the server between manning the base, being on the arquitens, and being on patrol or doing other stuff in the village

2 minutes ago, Conrad said:

I can't remember the last time we had 60+ on this map, let along 90. I personally would like to see a full server deployment sometime soon where we hit high pop if we where to consider this.

If it’s not stable enough to deploy us and handle a full server event I’ll take this post down myself 

6 minutes ago, Conrad said:

I can't remember the last time we had 60+ on this map, let along 90. I personally would like to see a full server deployment sometime soon where we hit high pop if we where to consider this.

This is a good move before suggesting this map to be utilized on main.
I severely doubt in it's ability to uphold performance on high pop due to the fact that its ship to ground alone. It'll require thorough testing to even pass something like this off, and there are many more factors to take into consideration past performance itself.

Edited by Jayarr
  • Agree 1

+1

The server struggles when it's on Venator. Not even I really want to get on, but I do. A change up would be nice, and bringing more activity to the server on weekends is NEVER a bad thing. A lot of people don't like Venator and actively choose not to get on.

Edited by Lovestruck

Current: Navy RDC SCPO Greg
Former: GM DD MEDL MAJ Jedi Chief Instructor, Ki-Adi-Mundi, Jocatsa Nu, Barris offee Jar Jar Binks

there are 2 bunks for clone troopers. No engine room, 1 tiny CSR, No temple, No brig. The map sacrifices a lot of shit for a BH village bigger than the clone base. 
I agree with a base/venator mix map but this map cannot facilitate main server activities and probably works more as a full server deployment type deal

-1, this suggestion is frustration with the venator map which should be discussed but this map is not the replacement not unless massively adapted to properly create a clone base

• Agree 3

The most fuckable person on Synergy Star Wars RP~

• Management
Management
7 minutes ago, Zensras said:

Neat suggestion but the ship itself is too tiny for like 90+ people.  This ship is featured in an map I forget the name of.

Only operations would be on the ship everyone else would be on the ground

• Informative 1

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

Forum Admin

Gonna agree with what Comics said. The map just doesn't support the important yet menial day-to-day shit. While I think that the map is sick asf and would serve as a really cool maybe 1 day thing; I doubt we could stay for longer.

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

3 hours ago, Marvel said:

Only operations would be on the ship everyone else would be on the ground

Well all the shit is on the ship so it would probably end up with a bunch of people cramped in the ship. Since all the shit would be going on in the ship. 

So no, way way more people are gonna be in the ship. The base is all wasted space imo. Maybe this map could work if more shit was moved into the base. Cause they're either going to be unused or unusable due to tiny corridors. It's just not really built for main server but if changed I guess I could see it working I dunno if that's likely tho

It's pretty clearly a deployment type map that tried to force too many things into a ship with this big empty base

The fog is also pretty horrendous 

Edited by Comics

The most fuckable person on Synergy Star Wars RP~

• Founder
Founder

Unfortunately, this suggestion has been DENIED.

If the same suggestion is submitted again within 60 DAYS of this post it will be automatically denied.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO [CW] SERVER SUGGESTIONS - DENIED

Denial reasons:
(These are some reasons that your suggestion might get denied for.)

• Not providing sufficient information.
    • Ex: Just linking the workshop and not giving us the actual model path you want to use.
  • The addon's size is way too big compared to its content(s).
    • Ex: 35mb for one model.
  • Lack of feedback.
    • Ex: Post has been up for 3 weeks and only received 1-10 votes.
  • Majority negative feedback.
  • Bad optimization and/or causes bad performance on the server.
  • Having multiple suggestions within one thread.
  • Bothering leadership/development team regarding a suggestion.
  • Suggesting a previously denied suggestion within 60 days of denial.