Command Posts

Brian-Limmon

Name: Brian Limmond

RP Rank: 1SG

Suggestion: Add command posts, placeable and editable by GMs, for use on the server

Implementation: I don't think there's a way command posts could be added that wouldn't greatly benefit the server and the objectives of some events, so I'm not going to suggest any specific functions for this whole thing to get denied based off a little detail, instead, go wild with it. Create them from scratch, use an existing prop, whatever works. Let GMs change their names, have preset names, anything. You can make them show up through the map, have a spot on the hud, appear on the OBJECTIVES hud (if and when that ever gets added) or none of the above. As long as there's some way for the players to see currently captured, neutral, or hostile command posts, and they can be placed by GMs, I don't think there's a way you could go wrong with implementing this. They would undoubtedly add some much needed direction to events and make them a looooooot smoother for players and GMs in a lot of cases.

Lore: https://battlefront.fandom.com/wiki/Command_Post/Original

Workshop content if applicable: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=909253802 (just the models, don't think they're functional)

Edited by Brian-Limmon
  • Agree 1

Why tf cant you upload images to forums this shit dumb asf

+1 a command post is now under hostile control

• Agree 1

Future Dev Team Assistant
Current:
CT PVT Alpha-14 Tec :sittingred:
Former: Fleet Admiral Wullf Yularen, Navy Clone Rear Admiral Tec, Chief of Engineering x2, Jedi Knight Etain Tur-Mukan, Null 7 LT Mereel , 104th Command Sergeant Major Command Sergeant Major, Intel Director of the 104th, Republic Navy, Coruscant Guard, 41st, and 501st, Admin, GM for a Week

• 2 weeks later...

I was inclined to -1 because that's basically what the CIS faction was BUT,

If this was a server addon/workshop that turned from like red to green the longer you stayed inside of it (Like forts in New World @Woeny;) ) Yeah this would be kinda cool. As long as it doesnt crash people's games!

I used to play this server for too many hours at a time.

27 minutes ago, TheCyan said:

I was inclined to -1 because that's basically what the CIS faction was BUT,

If this was a server addon/workshop that turned from like red to green the longer you stayed inside of it (Like forts in New World @Woeny;) ) Yeah this would be kinda cool. As long as it doesnt crash people's games!

I should have probably clarified since command post in the context of star wars has 2 different meanings, but this is what I had in mind with this suggestion

Why tf cant you upload images to forums this shit dumb asf

• 2 weeks later...

Not gonna vote but 

this has been made before and got denied so don’t be too surprised if it gets denied again.

• Dumb 1

Current: Kevin Colt leader of the Colt Crime Syndicate | Alpha-69 Dennis 

Former: BCMD Doom x3| Havoc Squad Brimstone x3 | Base Ops CMD | Delta Jedi | BCMD Colt | BCMD Bacara | Specialized Regimental Commander x2 | First Count Dooku and creator of the CIS | Rear Admiral Orson Krennic 

2 minutes ago, Dennis said:

Not gonna vote but 

this has been made before and got denied so don’t be too surprised if it gets denied again.

Man so much has changed in 2 years you know better.

I'll +1 why not.

Rule-maker and rule-breaker.

• 1 month later...
  • Founder
Founder

Unfortunately, this suggestion has been DENIED.

If the same suggestion is submitted again within 60 DAYS of this post it will be automatically denied.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO [CW] SERVER SUGGESTIONS - DENIED

Denial reasons:
(These are some reasons that your suggestion might get denied for.)

• Not providing sufficient information.
    • Ex: Just linking the workshop and not giving us the actual model path you want to use.
  • The addon's size is way too big compared to its content(s).
    • Ex: 35mb for one model.
  • Lack of feedback.
    • Ex: Post has been up for 3 weeks and only received 1-10 votes.
  • Majority negative feedback.
  • Bad optimization and/or causes bad performance on the server.
  • Having multiple suggestions within one thread.
  • Bothering leadership/development team regarding a suggestion.
  • Suggesting a previously denied suggestion within 60 days of denial.