Jetpack change

FateTheTitan

Name: Danger

RP Rank: MSG

Suggestion: Change to a new (less laggy) jetpack

Implementation: Remove the old jetpack and add a new SWEP to WLs with jetpacks

Lore: JT-12 Jetpack used by clone Jet Troopers during the clone wars.

Workshop content if applicable: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2097133231
(If no workshop content, suggest a developer or put "Require Development")

If you are asking to add or change a job, fill out the following

Add or Change: Remove the old jetpack entity from whitelists and put on a SWEP/Weapon onto all whitelists that have jetpacks
(Any job modification requires all this information)

Job: Wolfpack, Wolffe, Vaughn, 21st KU Aerial Recon, 2nd AC, Bounty Hunters, DU Havoc Squad Lancer, Cody, and Alpha Class ARC

Slots: N/A

Description: N/A

Model: N/A
(Provide the model string if on server Ex. models/player/synergy/cblake/ls_squad/ls_trp/lstrp.mdl (Get this from the Q menu)

Weapons: jet_mk5 (This jetpack has no model attached, used on WL with a Jetpack body grouper) jet_mk1 (Has model) jet_mk2 (Has model and less fuel for vertical movement) jet_mk6 (Has model, infinite fuel) jet_mk3 (No model, more fuel but less power than regular jetpack) jet_mk4 (No model OR sound, infinite fuel for creatures that can naturally fly like Geonosians)
(If you want a modfication to a weapon/saber you must put the weapon string in the suggestion. Ex. tfa_e5 (Get this from the Q menu))

Other: I didn't really know how to follow the format perfectly. There are multiple jetpacks but they all have the same controls as the one we have currently. These however, are SWEPs so it doesn't add to entity count causing less lag. And before rating this, know that this has been approved by DU, 501st, 21st, 104th, the Bounty Hunter's guild, and 2nd Airborne Company Commander Barlex (Mater).

Just putting it here that I never "approved" of this jet pack.
I had only clicked on the link when he sent it to me a while back and saw that people say that it doesn't work, never thought much more of it after that.

Our current jet packs are pretty good in my opinion and the only thing that should change is the CTRL function being removed so that JT troopers don't get stuck when being teleported, getting out of vehicles, or on random props. Other than that they work awesome.

Gonna have to -1, it isn't gonna revolutionize Synergy and I bet the development team has better things to work on then something that isn't an real issue. Sorry

Former: Parjai MEDO Captain Four | Parjai MEDO Major Bear | 2ndACC Commander Barlex | Commander Cody

So, I tried it out in Single player for a while, and it's kinda meh. The directional control is the best from the jetpacks I've seen the server use, it's nearly pinpoint. You can actually dodge shots, and the combat seems like it would be much improved. On a negative note though, the vertical lift is horrendous. Takes way too long to gain upward momentum, and you fall like a rock even when trying to slow your fall. On a more positive note, the addition of a specific jump pack (jetpack but with 1/10th the fuel) is a really interesting idea, and would be nice to have in events where GMs don't want us flying all over the place.

Overall, I like the feel, and if the drag can be edited, it would be a big improvement from a player's perspective. I doubt this suggestion will go anywhere, though, as this is too similar to the existing jetpacks, unless they are less resource intensive than the current jetpacks (I'm not that good with the technical aspects of the jetpacks, but they feel almost identical to the current ones, so I'm guessing they're designed similarly).

+1 

|Longest Serving Attack Regimental Commander||Thigh High Connoisseur|

j5VeS9D.jpg

As this is a server suggestion for the whole server and not a specific battalion it doesn't need to be approved, it is here as a suggestion to be approve, but he did show me this and it would eliminate the lag element associated with the entity system we use atm. So it would be quite revolutionary if this too does not cause horrendous lag.

I dislike the amount of movement you have on the current jet packs, you basically have the best of both words in the regards or vertical and horizontal movement when jet packs and jump pacs fulfilled these different roles.

It will need theorough testing to ensure it solved this issue but I like the concept, I'm sure our developers can adjust them if need be or use the coding to make something similar. Overall, a hopefully problem solver and return for Jet Packs across the board to battalions.

+1

• Disagree 1

What? Were you expecting some colourful thing denoting my past achievements?

Well tough luck, even if I did it would be just 3 things - Bacara, SPEC REG, Old HA.

Once a Marine, Always a Marine... Always forward, never back...

+1 

Current: Rancor Colt
Past spots: 501st XO, 501st CMD, 501st WO Appo, TC Hardcase, 332nd office, ATK Reg Purge, Keller Unit Vinnie, General Luminara, 41st GCO ARCL Draa, 3rd Crosshair on the Server, Hunter, Sith Marauder  TRO, GMM, VA x3. CIS Tac Droid, Guild Cabinet Member

The person who made a treaty with the sith as a clone 

9 hours ago, Pog said:

@FateTheTitan Is this video accurate to the jetpack you are suggesting? This is the only one I could find of something like this and it's hard to vote on an addon that has no pictures or videos.

This jetpack mod is not the one. It functions similarly though. The mod you have shown is the base that was used for the fuel system. They fuel UI and system is what is used from this.

Forum Admin

Gonna have to -1 here. I enjoy the current functionality of the jetpack. Honestly, I'd rather a nerf of vertical movement than a change of actual packs. Since we have already cut down on the sheer number of jetpack jobs, it doesn't seem like a huge lag diffrence.

• Disagree 1

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

• Retired Founder
15 hours ago, Gadget said:

it would eliminate the lag element associated with the entity system we use atm. So it would be quite revolutionary if this too does not cause horrendous lag.

When it's on a player's back it is still considered an entity.

This suggestion seems more about the movement and functionality of what is in this video or what is set as the default for the specific jetpack addon in this suggestion. Please note, even if we did look towards adding these jetpacks, the stats of the jetpack would be matched to the jetpacks we currently have on the server anyways as that was what was decided on when balancing them.

• Agree 3
  • Informative 1
Forum Admin
16 minutes ago, Dono said:

+1 if it works, less entities = less lag

would still be an entity on the player's back, still causing lag

I added the Pepe emojis onto the forums

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately, this suggestion has been DENIED.

If the same suggestion is submitted again within 60 DAYS of this post it will be automatically denied.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO [CW] SERVER SUGGESTIONS - DENIED

Denial reasons:
(These are some reasons that your suggestion might get denied for.)

• Not providing sufficient information.
    Ex: Just linking the workshop and not giving us the actual model path you want to use.
  • The addon's size is way too big compared to its content(s).
    Ex: 35MB for one model.
  • Majority negative feedback.
  • Bad optimization and/or causes bad performance on the server.
  • Having multiple suggestions within one thread.
  • Bothering leadership/development team regarding a suggestion.
  • Suggesting a previously denied suggestion within 60 days of denial.

spacer.png