Another Macrobinocular Suggestion

Marvel

• Management
Management

Name: Marvel

RP Rank: Captain

Suggestion: Add these macrobinoculars to the server THEY HAVE A WAYPOINT SYSTEM AHBVHGEBSH

Implementation: These definitely should not go to everyone as they have a waypoint system that shows up to all players. Either this could be a high rank lock item like BCMD+ or it could be something given to recon battalions and jobs if we want to trust them with something like this. Maybe even Naval who knows. They're just really cool and I can even see Game Masters utilizing the waypoint system for events.

Lore: https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Macrobinoculars

Workshop content if applicable: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2179121528
(If no workshop content, suggest a developer or put "Require Development")

If you are asking to add or change a job, fill out the following

Add or Change: N/A
(Any job modification requires all this information)

Job: N/A

Slots: N/A

Description: N/A

Model: N/A
(Provide the model string if on server Ex. models/player/synergy/cblake/ls_squad/ls_trp/lstrp.mdl (Get this from the Q menu)

Weapons: waypoint_designator
(If you want a modfication to a weapon/saber you must put the weapon string in the suggestion. Ex. tfa_e5 (Get this from the Q menu))

Other: Now I know what you are all thinking. Another macrobinocular suggestion??? Well I think this one has a little more bang for its buck. Past suggestions to add macrobinoculars only asked for them for the single use of looking at far distances when players could already do that with either a scoped weapon or their suit zoom. Well this particular macrobinocular allows the user to actually place up to 5 waypoints that other players can see. They have the option to color them a few different colors and to name them as well. I believe this could be pretty cool if utilized well. Obviously I don't think it should be used too often on main server or at least Anaxes as people will see it through walls and what not but it wouldn't be horrible on other planets because it would be in the floor or in the ceiling. Also imagine this utilized with the mortar suggestion. Like someone spotting a mortar trooper and pinging positions they should bomb. That would be sick as fuck.

spacer.pngspacer.png

Now I think this could be implemented in a few different ways and ultimately that is up to you guys and eventually if it is added to the server it would be up to the Founders. My ideas are

A. IF we wanted to trust the entire playerbase it could be put into the perma weapon vendor like in the past. This one is highly unlikely.
B. It could be given to the Recon Battalions and only the Recon Battalions.
C. It could be given to the Recon Battalions and recon related jobs like ARF and ARC in other battalions.
D. It is given to jobs that are more likely to be given out orders and objectives like battalion Officer jobs, BCMD jobs, and High Command jobs.
E. It is only given to ARF troopers and ARC troopers. That way Recon isn't stacked with 20+ people that can place waypoints.
G. It isn't given to any jobs and only allowed to be utilized by Game Masters for events.
H. SOBDE gets it too because they get everything.

Let me know which option you would like to see if this was implemented or if you would just rather not see it added to the server. I saw this and thought it was a little bit more unique than others suggested in the past and I honestly could see Game Masters and some players using this in really unique ways.

Edit: Now that I think about it I totally see someone creating a penis with these.....

Edited by Marvel
Penis
  • Winner 1

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

Forum Admin

+1 but I'm pretty sure there's already a waypoint system on the server which is working just not like given out to people yet

• Agree 1

I added the Pepe emojis onto the forums

+1
I would say give the ARF primary access to this but...... also give it access to Officer/CMD/BCMD whitelists

• Disagree 1

Current: Deviant

Former: ITD 21stKU Commander Paladin, TRO | Alpha-66 Captain Muzzle, Wolfpack Commander Warthog/BCMD WolffeParjai SUPO 1stLT Four, Doom's Unit ARFL Commander Cloves, Spec Ops Captain ARFL Paladin, 41stEC HVYL Buzz, TRM, 2x HA

+1 But I'd say either give it to HC/BCMD or only Gamemasters if they will utilize the waypoints. Having too many people capable of placing marks in an uncoordinated manner seems like it could be confusing to the whole of the server.

• Agree 1

Former 21st

Formerly known as CastleClone

So how exactly do these waypoints work. DO they show up for everyone on the server, or only people that have them and are using them? If they show up for everyone I'm of the opinion to not give this to anyone, even HC/BCMD/Naval. Leave it just for game masters to hand out as they see fit for events only, so you don't see waypoints for random events/encounters when you aren't participating. No real use for this on main server given the size of the maps, would only see real use on event server IMO, so jobs don't just need it for day to day.

However if its something that you need to look through the macrobinoculars to see then you'll have to give these to every job. Whats the point of a BCMD putting a waypoint down and no one can see it because no one has the macro's needed to view the waypoints.

Would like to know a bit more about how the waypoints work.

• Agree 2

spacer.pngspacer.png

• Management
Management
1 hour ago, Conrad said:

So how exactly do these waypoints work. DO they show up for everyone on the server, or only people that have them and are using them? If they show up for everyone I'm of the opinion to not give this to anyone, even HC/BCMD/Naval. Leave it just for game masters to hand out as they see fit for events only, so you don't see waypoints for random events/encounters when you aren't participating. No real use for this on main server given the size of the maps, would only see real use on event server IMO, so jobs don't just need it for day to day.

However if its something that you need to look through the macrobinoculars to see then you'll have to give these to every job. Whats the point of a BCMD putting a waypoint down and no one can see it because no one has the macro's needed to view the waypoints.

Would like to know a bit more about how the waypoints work.

21 hours ago, Marvel said:

These definitely should not go to everyone as they have a waypoint system that shows up to all players.

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

• Founder
Founder

Unfortunately, this suggestion has been DENIED.

If the same suggestion is submitted again within 60 DAYS of this post it will be automatically denied.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO [CW] SERVER SUGGESTIONS - DENIED

Denial reasons:
(These are some reasons that your suggestion might get denied for.)

• Not providing sufficient information.
    Ex: Just linking the workshop and not giving us the actual model path you want to use.
  • The addon's size is way too big compared to its content(s).
    Ex: 35MB for one model.
  • Majority negative feedback.
  • Bad optimization and/or causes bad performance on the server.
  • Having multiple suggestions within one thread.
  • Bothering leadership/development team regarding a suggestion.
  • Suggesting a previously denied suggestion within 60 days of denial.