Implement a /describe or narration system

Brace

Name: Brace

RP Rank: Fleet Admiral/Regimental Commander 

Suggestion: Add a system for chat that when activated provides the message as [Describe] blah blah blah or [Narration] blah blah blah

Implementation: A simple command like /advert, except it would either be /describe or /narrate (depending on which wording is used)

Lore: N/A

Workshop content if applicable: Requires Development

Additional Information: It is so dumb seeing gamemasters put their name as "Anaxes Environment" or "The Jedi's Mind" and seeing them advert for events. They are doing the job of a /describe or narration system without having one implemented.

• Agree 1

"A word from the Navy..."

+1 seems harmless as long as it's a staff only thing, GMs wouldn't have to change their name every 2 seconds. In fact, take it one step further and let people put custom names in front of their narrations

hi.

Forum Admin

+1, seems like a great add

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

At first I thought this was an idea for a proximity based command (sorta like using your mic in game but for people that type), which is problematic because people could easily abuse that if everyone had access to it, upside is that it could just be an arrestable offense to abuse it, but I digress.

Pros:

This can help people with speech impediments or people who have a different first language other than english.

This way we can pick a narration voice for the server that sounds interesting.

We won't need to spawn in an intercom or fly to BCC to talk (i.e less entities and items spawned on the server)

(Hopefully) Only staff would have access to it so it won't necessarily be abused.

Cons:

It does the same thing as intercom.

People with spelling issues will have just as difficult a time typing things out.

There would probably be no way to target a specific group or job (not sure) so messages would have to include who they are directed too.

I wouldn't be useful for certain events on main where people on a different planet need to know something (unless there is a way to edit the range of the narration).

I'm staying neutral for now, but I do like this.

spacer.png

Master of the Order Mace Windu (Current) | DU VET Sergeant (Current) | Mas Amedda (Former) | 327th Battalion Commander Bly (Former)

21 hours ago, Willyworm1 said:

It does the same thing as intercom.

People with spelling issues will have just as difficult a time typing things out.

There would probably be no way to target a specific group or job (not sure) so messages would have to include who they are directed too.

I wouldn't be useful for certain events on main where people on a different planet need to know something (unless there is a way to edit the range of the narration).

You could probably just use [name of targetted group or place] and boom 3 of your whole complaints are null & void
Just because something isn't useful in some circumstances doesn't mean it's not useful, I can't use ATTE training unless there's an ATTE but that doesn't make it a useless training

Also these are still problems if we keep the current advert way of doing it so this just makes a more official better looking system

Some people also just find intercomms annoying if done to often, and sometimes it's easier for a GM to type. This is about giving better alternatives for GMs so they don't have to use the current shitty system

The most fuckable person on Synergy Star Wars RP~

+1 

Notably Known as: Regimental Commander, Battalion Commander Doom, Last Foxtrot Lead Gregor, Boss, Sev, Battalion Commander Wolffe, Boost, Comet, Commander Faie, Charger

Currently: Crosshair & Shaak Ti

spacer.png

I've already voted but I'd like to add that almost every time I've used an intercom, ESPECIALLY for something as long as narration, people get really mad. Not only that, but hearing "*PA NOISE* uhh, the door is jammed *PA NOISE*" is the most jarring, un-immersive things that can take you out of the event mindset

Was I a good Ahsoka Tano? Call 1-800-HOWSMYRP!

ff337e5ae083ae69e64e66c76a2ed4e4f9d4760c

• 1 month later...
  • Founder
Founder

Unfortunately, this suggestion has been DENIED.

If the same suggestion is submitted again within 60 DAYS of this post it will be automatically denied.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO [CW] SERVER SUGGESTIONS - DENIED

Denial reasons:
(These are some reasons that your suggestion might get denied for.)

• Not providing sufficient information.
    Ex: Just linking the workshop and not giving us the actual model path you want to use.
  • The addon's size is way too big compared to its content(s).
    Ex: 35MB for one model.
  • Majority negative feedback.
  • Bad optimization and/or causes bad performance on the server.
  • Having multiple suggestions within one thread.
  • Bothering leadership/development team regarding a suggestion.
  • Suggesting a previously denied suggestion within 60 days of denial.