RP Rank:

Commander

Steam ID: 

STEAM_0:1:64785966

Battalion or squad you are applying for:

DU BCMD Doom

Experience:

Dooms Unit
    DU has to date been my only battalion on Synergy having joined my first day on the server.

Dooms Unit Pipes
    I got to spend my time from WO-CMD as HS Pipes and DU MEDL during this time I worked on many small changes including helping with what would later become the new infrastructure branch.

Dooms Unit Commander Gambit         

I’ve gotten the honor of spending the last two months as a Doom’s Unit Commander, where I was in charge of the infrastructure rebuild. I spent this time creating all new systems for Doom’s Unit, including; an original discipline document to outline clear black and white punishments for widespread occurrences, a new tryout system, and accompanying basic training to assist recruits and help set them up for success going forward with their time in Doom’s Unit. I was able to create the standardized testing for not only SNCO promotions but the Officer exam. This system was to help address battalion concern over favoritism and has, as of this point, helped appease these concerns. With the new standardization of testing, I worked with the current BCMD Owen to create a clear definition of what expectations are held for each rank/rank group to clarify what Doom’s Unit Command is looking for and expecting of its members. 

Previously I’ve also held a BCMD slot on Superior servers for what was then known as the 9th dragon corp but has transitioned into Doom’s Unit because that’s all the battalion was, just DU with the addition of EOD specialization. 

Why should you become a Battalion Commander?:

I think I’d be a good fit due to my experience commanding, a solid plan of action, and clear set goals to work towards. Plus, with the current DU CMD support, it will be a smooth transition that will allow for minimal resistance in the power change and quicker turnaround time to start working toward the next goal and progressing to better Doom’s Unit. 

Do you understand the lore of your battalion or squad?:

Yes

Availability:  

I live in the CST timezone and currently work in human resources for AMC Theaters, so my availability will change depending on movie releases. For the most part, I am available mornings and at night, seeing that my work hours are 2 pm-10 pm CST on average. That all said, working in my position gives me full availability 24/7 on discord and even the ability to hop on Teamspeak if needed. 

An estimate of how long you've played on Synergy Roleplay?:

Havoc Squad CMD ''Gambit'' has played for 1350:04:54

or roughly 3 months.

Do you have a microphone?:

Yes 

Where do you want your battalion or squad to be at the end of your term?: 

For DU as a whole, I’d like to see Increased activity and stronger relationships with the rest of the spec reg and the server as a whole. Because as it stands now, DU keeps itself very isolated. So I’d like to get DU out into the server more often and show the fundamental changes I’ve started working towards. As well as I’d like to see a more robust DU high command as a whole and a shift in DU culture to help cultivate a more mature and respectable battalion as a whole.

As for a more specific change, the overhaul of DU’s subgroup “Havoc Squad.” I’d like to work very closely with the next Brimstone to help shift the culture away from the entitlement some members display. I’d like to see a shift in focus away from attempting to be an independent squad. Also, assisting them in working more closely with DU and acting more appropriately for what the squad is. Lastly, I’d like to see squad standards raised and it’s members held to much higher standards; as long as Havoc Squad is considered the best of DU, it needs to conduct itself better. In conjunction with higher standards for activity, overall attitude, and behavior on the server, I’d like to see the squads tryouts have a bit more regulation. To accomplish this task, I’d like to include the next Brimstone in the process to help create more transparency and consistency in the tryouts. How this will reach that goal is still a work in process, but I believe that with a little work, it will be easy enough to help get the squad on the right track.

With these changes and a few others I have planned, I believe DU as a whole will be able to shift away from the toxicity it has become known for. With the end goal of becoming a more friendly and overall accepting battalion that can help contribute to the server and its RP.

Do you understand that if you go inactive that you will be removed from your position?:

Yes

Do you understand that your position has a three-month term limit and must reapply after three months to maintain your commander rank?:

Yes

+1 you are the next logical step

• Friendly 1

Current: Kevin Colt leader of the Colt Crime Syndicate | Alpha-69 Dennis 

Former: BCMD Doom x3| Havoc Squad Brimstone x3 | Base Ops CMD | Delta Jedi | BCMD Colt | BCMD Bacara | Specialized Regimental Commander x2 | First Count Dooku and creator of the CIS | Rear Admiral Orson Krennic 

Banned

sure +1

Forum Admin

I'll be honest man, the app is a bit bare. With that being said I have faith that you will bring DU to a more stable place. Good luck man, +1.

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

1 minute ago, Bud said:

+1 good luck have seen you in staff when you were in it and in game 

I appreciate the +1 however I think you may have me confused with the other Maddox on the server. (naming is unfortunate and I learned of it late into my time on the server.) I haven't yet held any staff rank here on this server. 

Just now, Kawarama_ said:

I appreciate the +1 however I think you may have me confused with the other Maddox on the server. (naming is unfortunate and I learned of it late into my time on the server.) I haven't yet held any staff rank here on this server. 

Oh did not know that but its all good

• Friendly 1

He has approached me and both discussed his plans and asked me to highlight some others and we seemed to be on the same field with current problems held within DU.

I would only ask as this is a general problem I noted in DU, spend time with your troops, dont sit in Doom’s office all the time and don't think docs are all a CMD should do. Any rank can do doc work  commanders should be leadering and help run the batt one the day to day aspects.

+1

Hes been a pleasure to work with so far and I can see him only improving as he continues one his current path.

• Friendly 1

What? Were you expecting some colourful thing denoting my past achievements?

Well tough luck, even if I did it would be just 3 things - Bacara, SPEC REG, Old HA.

Once a Marine, Always a Marine... Always forward, never back...

Forum Admin

+1 he seems like one of the only people to go for it

I added the Pepe emojis onto the forums

How do you plan to stay active with you day to day schedule and ensure that you are able to at least be active in game a few times a week?

How do you plan to take DU and accustom it with the rest of the Battalions and the server as a whole? I feel like with DU being so isolated that is what tends to cause some of the rumor issues and negativity issues with you guys. A lot of us would like to see that change. 

What do you feel you can provide as Doom that the other applicant cannot?

The Clover Crew Leader

spacer.png

3 hours ago, ItnLucky said:

How do you plan to stay active with you day to day schedule and ensure that you are able to at least be active in game a few times a week?

How do you plan to take DU and accustom it with the rest of the Battalions and the server as a whole? I feel like with DU being so isolated that is what tends to cause some of the rumor issues and negativity issues with you guys. A lot of us would like to see that change. 

What do you feel you can provide as Doom that the other applicant cannot?

Activity is one of those things I can’t just tell you. “Yea, I’ll do this & that.” because as we in DU tell everyone, real-life should always come first. That said, I don’t do anything in real life outside of work, so gmod is how I enjoy spending my free time, and I plan to continue playing and having fun with friends I’ve made and friends I’ve yet to make.  

My plan for getting DU out of isolation summarized would be.
I’d like to work closely with DU CMD and the RCMD to help build a better atmosphere for DU and become a more active battalion engaging with the rest of the specialized regiment and the server.

My plans to help build this are as follows.
I’ve already implemented a mandatory rec for officer promotions that is a joint training hosted to promote joint training further.
Currently, DU CMD has two positions RCMD and DISL. I’ve been working on rebuilding the Infrastructure CMD, and with it, I will be opening up a new branch in DU called the JTP or Joint Trainer Program. These will be SNCO and Officers who want to help create and promote joint training and foster better relations with other battalions. 

Accompanying this addition of further promoting joint training sessions, I’ve spoken with a few GMs on getting more spec reg deployments as a whole to try and help build more comradery that way. I genuinely believe that these actions and working with our Spec Reg CMD will help us start forming those better relations with battalions. 

Now, as far as what I can provide that other applicants can’t.
While I do have more experience than the other current applicants, I don’t see any way in that I stand superior to them and hope that no matter the outcome, both parties’ ideas can be used to help better DU. 

If a lot of that seems more directed at just the Specialized Reg that is due to the fact this is my first priority in rebuilding relations. Simply due to the fact that SPEC REG is our home and we should have a solid foundation with them.

Edited by Kawarama_
added a small line at the end.
  • Funny 1

+1 You seem like a good fit for Doom, Good luck man

Current:   

Former:  Veteran Administrator 212th CPT Alpha-66 | Wilhuff Tarkin | Nils Tenant | Dao   Naval Chief of Engineering | 501st XO | 501st TCC 501st Echo | 501st Hardcase 501st Heavy Lead

DU kinda needs a BCMD rn

Only advice is to be more open to asking for help with Du issues. If you have a problem don't try and hide it to save your reputation

The betterment of the battalion > your reputation, that goes for everything.
it's best to die as the most hated Doom who did the most good for Du than the favourite Doom who did nothing for DU

+1

Edited by Comics
said 212th instead of Du lmao
  • Agree 4
  • Winner 1

The most fuckable person on Synergy Star Wars RP~

+1 Welcome to the Empire

Kal Skirata                                                                                                                                                   Bacta                    Marvel                     Brooklyn

bc138de7013cca175b6f156e3713ccb8.png

I beat Jad in a spar first try.

• Coordinator
Coordinator

Your application has been ACCEPTED
You have until the 17th of September to contact a Director+ for your interview
//Locked
//Moved to pending

• Coordinator
Coordinator

Congratulations You have been ACCEPTED for BCMD DOOM
Your term ends 12/11/2020