Star wars drop pods

Luckyy

Name: Lucky

RP Rank: "General :)"

Suggestion: star wars drop pods

Implementation: Use of drop pods from star wars that can he used by paratroopers (2ndac) and elite spec ops (torrent, SO BDE, ETC ) on the event server and possibly main 

Lore: https://swse.fandom.com/wiki/Drop_Pod

https://swse.fandom.com/wiki/Drop_Pod

Workshop content if applicable: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2137032690
(If no workshop content, suggest a developer or put "Require Development")

Edited by Lucky

I know people act like lore doesn't matter at all as far as adding shit in nowadays but dude, these are literally just ripped from Halo and branded with Republic markings. And the lore page you linked just shows and tells about vehicle drop pods that seem to be used in the Imperial era. 

Sorry it's a -1 from me.

• Agree 1
40 minutes ago, JBFox said:

I know people act like lore doesn't matter at all as far as adding shit in nowadays but dude, these are literally just ripped from Halo and branded with Republic markings. And the lore page you linked just shows and tells about vehicle drop pods that seem to be used in the Imperial era. 

Sorry it's a -1 from me.

39 minutes ago, Bananaberry said:

-1 This isn’t halo rp 

If we can have a SCP event map b/c it would be fun and bring cool stuff to SwRP then this should be nothing to drop out of the sky in a sci fi universe 

33 minutes ago, Marvel said:

Like last time this is just the Halo ODST drop pod and the lore to support it is a giant drop pod that the empire used to drop AT-STs

:Pepega:

Raghouls can be seen as the same, that was old republic and imperial and never seen in clone wars era but we still have/had it 

• Agree 1
Banned
12 minutes ago, Lucky said:

Raghouls can be seen as the same, that was old republic and imperial and never seen in clone wars era but we still have/had it 

We haven’t had Rakghouls on the server for months lol. 

r4ymo.gif

Forum Admin

-1, if we had hope squad sure but even then it's still useless

Edited by Naffen

I added the Pepe emojis onto the forums

-1 Genuinely don't see this being used for anything other then events and lets be honest *there hasn't been that much* also it aint star wars drop pod for fuck sake 

So Basically ANIME

spacer.png

Um what, like other people are saying. THIS ISN'T HALO RP. First off the item you suggested in using is literally are re-skinned ODST drop pods, which is lazy on it's own and I can't support what so ever. Secondly, You posted two of the same "lore" links which is the same thing, along with that, the drop pods you linked to is for vehicles not actual troopers. So in truth, this was a waste of time to suggest.

-PUCK 

I'm gonna be honest, this shit looks like ass. Like JB said, people pull the "we don't follow lore 100%" card a lot, but even that has it's limits. These are pretty much useless. People will have fun with them for a week and legitimately never use them again, they would also mostly be used on the event server (if they actually get used) which just limits this even more. To me it just seems like a pointless addition to the server. We could just bring people down on a LAAT and call it good, we don't really need these.

• Agree 1

-1 this ain’t it Chief 

Current: Kevin Colt leader of the Colt Crime Syndicate | Alpha-69 Dennis 

Former: BCMD Doom x3| Havoc Squad Brimstone x3 | Base Ops CMD | Delta Jedi | BCMD Colt | BCMD Bacara | Specialized Regimental Commander x2 | First Count Dooku and creator of the CIS | Rear Admiral Orson Krennic 

When I read the title I thought you meant drop-pods for droids and I was going to give a fat +1 to functioning droid drop-pods that spawn droids until they are destroyed. But when I saw that you wanted this for clones, yeah no. Here's why:

212th 2AC has jetpacks for a reason. So they can "paratroop" down onto enemy fortifications. (Hence why they are called 2nd Airborne Company and why 212th is part of the 7th sky corps.) Adding drop-pods not only makes 2AC useless as well as take away their uniqueness, but this isn't needed. At all. 2AC don't need no case of steel to rain hell down on their enemies. All they need are their jetpacks, their wits, and their blaster. Plus that giant bulky thing will be shot out of the sky due to it being a much larger target whereas 2AC individually are much harder to hit with AA cannons when paratrooping because they are much smaller.

Also when this thing lands, it will be a massive-ass target if landed in the middle of an enemy fortification and the clone inside will be toast in seconds of leaving the drop-pod whereas paratroopers can control their descent as well as where they land and land silently without alerting every droid within 3 miles to their location or land where there is no droid activity at all then waste the droids when they least expect them.

Adding this for SO is even more useless because this thing will draw attention to SO which is supposed to be you know, a stealth unit? A LAAT can drop them off outside of enemy radars and they can infiltrate the base more efficiently and in half the time it takes for this ridiculous contraption to break atmosphere and make a loud as fuck crashing sound when it lands therefore botching the stealth mission before it even begins. The same goes for SOBDE weather if its a stealth mission or not.

And as others have already pointed out, this is an asset ripped straight from halorp. And I guarantee if this were to be accepted, then the suggestion box will be filled with suggestions to add other things from halo. If Joah want's to add HaloRP as a server one day, more power to him, but right now, please keep this server star wars related.

Now, there is a drop-pod in lore, but this was only used by the rebel alliance when the galactic civil war started after the Republic and CIS broke down. The republic never used drop-pods. They always stuck to the more efficient LAAT's to both transport troops to ground as well as drop paratroopers from high altitudes, and deliver as well as extract allied heavy vehicles and cargo

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Drop_pod/Legends

TL;DR: This thing is/will be useless, we don't need it. LAAT's and jetpacks FTW. 

Edited by GM-3022 Havok

I've been in 2ndAC for well over a year and a half as cool as this may be i dont entirely agree with it. There's no need for these we're paratroopers not ODST. Also why would torrent company use them, i could see sobde because they act as if a jack of all trades or rather a small team that can get it all done. There wouldnt be many places to use these either, sticking to the more lore friendly and effective route (LAATs) would be the best route. With that being said, -1 

• 2 weeks later...