DP-23 Republic Shotgun Buff

Marvel

• Management

Name: Marvel

RP Rank: Corporal

Suggestion: Buffing the DP-23 shotgun's mobility

Implementation: Increase the mobility of the DP-23 to 100% like the DC-15s and DC-15a will be.

Lore: N/A

Workshop content if applicable: N/A

Weapons: rw_sw_dp23

Other: Shotguns are small and nimble and are very useless when you run like a fat kid with a 12 gauge. Increasing their mobility will allow the user to close the gap between them and their target making the weapon more effective.

• Friendly 1

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

+1 maybe this will us see an ENG use their class shotgun for the first time ever

Current: Nothing

Former: 212th Kenobi | 21st Mundi | 212th CPT Boil | Jaing Skirata | Kal Skirata REGL CMD Harsh Omega EOD Darman Grey RC CMD Harsh | Niner Ordo |

+1

Current: Kevin Colt leader of the Colt Crime Syndicate | Alpha-69 Dennis 

Former: BCMD Doom x3| Havoc Squad Brimstone x3 | Base Ops CMD | Delta Jedi | BCMD Colt | BCMD Bacara | Specialized Regimental Commander x2 | First Count Dooku and creator of the CIS | Rear Admiral Orson Krennic 

ENG's just got a LOT of new stuff to play with, gonna hold off on this untill we see how the dust settles on that. -1 for now could change if you where to put this up again/if this stays up for a while and we see the ENG buff wasn't enough.

EDIT: After thinking about it and sitting with this I am changing mine to +1.  I think all regiments need buff's to their weapons RN they are kinda overshadowed by the ARC loadout. @Marvel you have my support.

Edited by conrad
  • Friendly 1

spacer.pngspacer.png

+1

Current: Just Some Guy
Former: Senior Admin | TRO x2MAJ | Styles | Rys | CG x3 | Thire  | 21st x3 | Guardian Manager | Alpha-98 Nate | Sith Apprentice | Many more battalions  Serra Keto [9 Months] | TGML [9-10 Months] | TGL | Knight 8

• Management
7 hours ago, conrad said:

ENG's just got a LOT of new stuff to play with, gonna hold off on this untill we see how the dust settles on that. -1 for now could change if you where to put this up again/if this stays up for a while and we see the ENG buff wasn't enough.

I whole heatedly agree with you that ENG got a ton of new toys but quite frankly this shotgun is kinda ehhhhhh and throughout the server's history shotguns have been really bad (Not looking at you RC Shotgun smh) but there was a suggestion to increase the DC-15a and DC-15s mobility and I believe the DP-23 (Which is the same size as the DC-15s) should have the same mobility as those weapons.

Another point to add is a shotgun is more effective at point blank range and having a bit more speed in order to close the gap between yourself and a hostile will make it more effective and save an Engineer's life. I made this counter argument to see if I could change your mind not argue btw and I respect your opinion and decision.

:peepoLove:

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

+1

Kal Skirata                                                                                                                                                   Bacta                    Marvel                     Brooklyn

bc138de7013cca175b6f156e3713ccb8.png

I beat Jad in a spar first try.

Head Admin

+1, Marvel do be kinda cute 

Current: Head Admin | Specialized Regimental Commander

-1, unless we get all mobility debuffs suggestion pasted I don't think we should have ENG running and gunning. As far as I'm aware they're a more defensive class, using the shotgun to defend themselves when seppies get too close. Eng shouldn't really be frontline unless they're acting as regular infantry which is when they'd use standard equipment.vPlus more buffs is like bruh.

Also ARC should be better than everyone else is has a lot more restrictions. As long as they don't just replace certain troop types like they di with HVY all is good.

• Agree 1

The most fuckable person on Synergy Star Wars RP~

Forum Admin

+1

The mobility advantage is not going to suddenly turn all the engineers who use it into a super aggressive class. The point (of which I am assuming) is that on a shotgun of it's size, the DP-23 has inaccurate mobility. By changing its mobility you are merely increasing its effectiveness in CQC.

• Winner 1

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • Founder
Founder

Unfortunately, this suggestion has been DENIED.

If the same suggestion is submitted again within 60 DAYS of this post it will be automatically denied.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO [CW] SERVER SUGGESTIONS - DENIED

Denied because of pending overall weapon changes coming in the future.

Denial reasons:
(These are some reasons that your suggestion might get denied for.)

• Not providing sufficient information.
    Ex: Just linking the workshop and not giving us the actual model path you want to use.
  • The addon's size is way too big compared to its content(s).
    Ex: 35MB for one model.
  • Majority negative feedback.
  • Bad optimization and/or causes bad performance on the server.
  • Having multiple suggestions within one thread.
  • Bothering leadership/development team regarding a suggestion.
  • Suggesting a previously denied suggestion within 60 days of denial.