Bring back Rancor Embassy channel in TS

Brooklyn

Name: Brooklyn

RP Rank: Alpha-77 Captain Fordo

Suggestion: Re-add the Rancor Embassy channel in Teamspeak. 

1) Rancor Embassy is used for when we do ARC Trainings. It is a extra channel so we can have participants in one place, and helpers in the other. 

2) Each channel has it's own purpose. "Rancor Battalion" is the main channel. Obviously used for the battalion to interact /// "Alpha-Class ARC" is for the Alpha ARC sub-unit. So they can discuss tryouts, the sub units current state, or any changes that are coming /// "Rancor Command Office" is basically Blitz's personal channel, as all BCMDs have. And is used for High Command Meetings, personal discussion, issues, battalion changes, and discipline. /// "Rancor Training Center" is used for Battalion tryouts, Alpha ARC tryouts, ARC Trainings, or if other channels are full, personal discussion. /// And ---Rancor Embassy--- is able to be used for everything listed above in the previous channels. Its a channel used for ARC Trainings, helpers or participants, and is a overflow channel for when we have a lot going on in every channel.  

Implementation: Add the channel back

Lore: N/A

Workshop content if applicable: N/A

Kal Skirata                                                                                                                                                   Bacta                    Marvel                     Brooklyn

bc138de7013cca175b6f156e3713ccb8.png

I beat Jad in a spar first try.

+1. 501st have a bunch of channels for their trainings. Rancor should too, since they handle the ARC program.

Edited by Tetra

Former 41st GC REGL XO Tetra | Former Cin Drallig x2 | Former Serra Keto x2 | Former Branch Overseer Former Mace Windu

41st CMD Tetra

• Management
1 minute ago, Tetra said:

+1. 501st have a bunch of channels for their trainings. Rancor should too, since they handle the ARC program.

501st has a stupid amount of channels ngl

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

We were given an extra channel as a perk since the battalion has a server-wide obligation to train people and we were having trouble with the limited channels. We needed the following:

A: A regular battalion channel for people not participating in the training at all/playing an event. 

B: A command channel for us to move individual groups to for their evaluations. 

C: A channel where the entire ARC training party could reside. 

D: A channel where an NCO could hold tryouts without being disturbed. 

You may be thinking, "nah they don't need that... What are the chances of all happening at the same time?". Well, with an active rancor, it's VERY likely that all 4 happen at the same time. 

+1

Rule-maker and rule-breaker.

• Retired Founder
4 minutes ago, Fizzik said:

We were given an extra channel as a perk since the battalion has a server-wide obligation to train people and we were having trouble with the limited channels. We needed the following:

A: A regular battalion channel for people not participating in the training at all/playing an event. 

B: A command channel for us to move individual groups to for their evaluations. 

C: A channel where the entire ARC training party could reside. 

D: A channel where an NCO could hold tryouts without being disturbed. 

You may be thinking, "nah they don't need that... What are the chances of all happening at the same time?". Well, with an active rancor, it's VERY likely that all 4 happen at the same time. 

+1

Rancor currently have 4 channels as is, but that includes a channel for Alpha-ARC

1 hour ago, Forseen said:

Rancor currently have 4 channels as is, but that includes a channel for Alpha-ARC

Yeah but they need that for their own thing. When we were given the ARC training channel Alpha wasn't a thing, that's why I didn't bring them up. 

Edited by Fizzik

We have 5 501st channels, we received one after the merge with 187th that is the Officer Lounge, I do not know why you are all thinking we have so many channels, before the merge 501st and 212th had the same amount of channels. 
50st Main Legion, main channel
Rex's Officer, meetings and talks held there
Officer Lounge - Used for people to chill in if they don't want to be on the server but want to chat with friends
Training Room
We only got one because of the merge ( I am pretty sure ). For an attack battalion I think it is almost even, I said almost

22 minutes ago, Cutlaw said:

We have 5 501st channels, we received one after the merge with 187th that is the Officer Lounge, I do not know why you are all thinking we have so many channels, before the merge 501st and 212th had the same amount of channels. 
50st Main Legion, main channel
Rex's Officer, meetings and talks held there
Officer Lounge - Used for people to chill in if they don't want to be on the server but want to chat with friends
Training Room
We only got one because of the merge ( I am pretty sure ). For an attack battalion I think it is almost even, I said almost

Honestly 501st is the biggest right now I think? It's not fair to compare the two of you guys, you have your own reason for needing one extra, Rancor has a totally different reason for needing one. You shouldn't have even been mentioned really. 

• Agree 2

Banned

+1

r4ymo.gif

Veteran Admin

+1

Kaiser                 Zeros                    Clutch
 3d9c751ebe7b1b10535d501c3cacff63.png

Banned

+1 I know how it feels :(

Sanchez trembles at the mention of my name.

+1 Rancor Embassy doesn't just serve well for ARC Trainings, they're done for Recruitment, Battalion Relations, Game nights, and much, much more. A Battalion that focuses heavily, on working with other Battalions, and one that has an Impact on other Battalions to the level Rancor does, deserves to have an Embassy Channel, and honestly, needs one.

Wait, so you have the "Alpha-Class Arc" channel (which, in it's description, says it's used for tryouts). You also have the "Rancor Training Center" (which also is used for training). I'm not seeing a compelling reason as to why you need a third channel used for training. Every other battalion has 4 channels (SOBDE have 3), and no one else has any issues with the amount of channels. It seems that, from an outside perspective, you guys just need to better utilize the channels you have.

|Longest Serving Attack Regimental Commander||Thigh High Connoisseur|

j5VeS9D.jpg

7 hours ago, Finn said:

Wait, so you have the "Alpha-Class Arc" channel (which, in it's description, says it's used for tryouts). You also have the "Rancor Training Center" (which also is used for training). I'm not seeing a compelling reason as to why you need a third channel used for training. Every other battalion has 4 channels (SOBDE have 3), and no one else has any issues with the amount of channels. It seems that, from an outside perspective, you guys just need to better utilize the channels you have.

Alpha class ARC channel is used for ALPHA tryouts.... Rancor training center is (supposed) to be used for battalion training/tryouts. Why are you comparing rancor to other battalions? Other battalions (except shock) don't have to provide a service to other battalions. As for "utilizing the channels better" what happens if there's an event during ARC training while someone's doing tryouts/training? Someone's gonna get fucked in that situation. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Retired Founder

@Fizzik @Sixta @Brooklyn

Ok, I've come to my consensus -

If you want RANCOR Embassy channel re-added, you need to make a (minimum) 1-minute long video, made entirely within the server and without breaking character. It must include members of RANCOR, and it can be anything from a skit, to a meeting, to your 60 second ad for why the channel should be re-made.

It needs to be posted publicly on YouTube and submitted on this thread.

Let me know if you accept the challenge.

z5dGuiK.gif

Just now, Ron said:

@Fizzik @Sixta @Brooklyn

Ok, I've come to my consensus -

If you want RANCOR Embassy channel re-added, you need to make a (minimum) 1-minute long video, made entirely within the server and without breaking character. It must include members of RANCOR, and it can be anything from a skit, to a meeting, to your 60 second ad for why the channel should be re-made.

It needs to be posted publicly on YouTube and submitted on this thread.

Let me know if you accept the challenge.

I fucking accept dude easy. It'll be the greatest (most retarded) 1 minute video you've ever seen.

• Agree 1