Wolfpack Lead Lieutenant Colonel Comet
Jedi Sage Knight Theodosius

Steam ID: 
STEAM_0:0:101435744 

Battalion or squad you are applying for:
Base Operations / Naval

Experience:

Shock [Private to Staff Sergeant]

I joined the server at the beginning of May, 2019. I went right to Shock. I was familiar with lore, and I figured a good way to learn the ropes of the server was to be the man representing the rules. I came to respect Ratio and Slump and the rest of the officers, and I managed to be trained for a few RP things along the way. These few weeks in Shock solidified my stay on Synergy. Satisfied as a Medic and Staff Sergeant, I transferred to the 104th.

104th Mechanized Assault Battalion [Staff Sergeant to Battalion Commander]

My time in the 104th began on May 22nd 2019, when I transferred into the battalion as a Staff Sergeant. The next day; the majority of the officers left the battalion. This naturally threw the 104th into chaos, and I patiently waited for things to die down and for my Medical Application to be processed. When someone finally got to me, it was the most scuffed tryout of all time. “Oh, you were a medic in shock? Here you go!” From that point on I was the 2ic of the Medical Regiment, helping my soon to be good friend Caulin run the regiment. As time went on and I ranked up, I came to like the battalion a lot. I made many good friends. I became Warrant Officer in July, and spent the month doing good and honest work for the NCO Core of the battalion. In this time I also made the 104th a new Roster and towards the end of July I was promoted to Intel Director and Major. Throughout the rest of the summer and into the fall I worked my way up the ranks, I became Dash-44, and eventually became Executive Officer to FM. I continued to work diligently, and at the end of FMs term I put my name up for Battalion Commander Wolffe. Throughout my time in the battalion I had learned the ropes of the server, I had progressed through multiple battalions. I had made friends. I was ready for Battalion Commander. Shortly thereafter I became Wolffe. I continued to work to address all of the issues I saw with the battalion and eventually reached a point where I could take a deep breath and admire the work that my friends and I had done for six months. I was satisfied. Shortly before Christmas I realized I needed a break, I realized the battalion needed someone who could offer their full dedication to it. I had been actively running the battalion for months by the time I was halfway through my term; I had been leading the 104th long before I became Wolffe. I resigned. Took a break from the heavy battalion management to cool down and breathe. I’m currently in the position of Wolfpack Lead Comet, helping my successor, Sinclair, sort out negotiations. I plan to resign sometime within the next two weeks.

Base Operations - Naval [Corporal to Vice Admiral]
I purchased VIP shortly into my time on the server. I immediately tried out for Base Operations. It seemed interesting to me. The officers were human, the responsibilities of the battalion were wide-ranging and I was sure I could find something to do. I wanted to be a positive force. I was already a Medic on my trooper, so I began in Base Ops as an Engineer. I did Engineer trainings here and there; I began to explore the kinds of roleplay I could do, but I wasn’t particularly active. Eventually the position of Chief Medical Officer opened up, and seeing an opportunity to do some good, I joined the medical regiment. McFisher at the time was selecting the new Chief Medical Officer, and I contacted him and said what I needed to say. I was passed up for the position this time around, though I would later become Chief Medical Officer. I remade the discord, polished the document (attempting to simplify a bit of it as well as reduce the need for two separate trainings) and did my best to fix the Base Operations medical regiment. I believe I did alright. I resigned from the position of Chief Medical Officer upon being appointed Chief of Intelligence (Intel Director). I had made Base Operations a new roster, a new Intel Guide, and once I was promoted I completely revamped their logging systems. They’re far more efficient now. I was Battalion Commander Wolffe at the time, so most of my aide to Base Operations was limited due to me not maining the battalion- but I was promoted up the ranks all the same. I settled at the position of Rear Admiral (CMD) until yesterday when Bro promoted me to Vice Admiral (XO) and then tendered his resignation. During my time as Rear Admiral I hosted several officer meetings, and I have gotten the ball rolling on many things that I will cover more in-depth down below…

The Staff Team [New Administrator to Head Administrator, Game Helper to Game Master Chief]
I joined the staff team what seems like forever ago, sometime in July I believe. I had no prior Garry’s Mod experience, but I promised that I’d be a quick learner and I proved to have told the truth. I moved up to admin after two weeks, and I was later one of the administrators that was promoted to Senior Administrator. This was good for me, because it meant that I could apply for Game Master without having to finish collecting Game Helps. I put my application up quickly and later became a Game Master. I started experimenting with events, learning different things. The event that I pride myself most on was the Order 65 event that my team was tasked with hosting for Qal at the end of his term as Palpatine. I had seen the previous two events be hosted as full server deployments on a layered map, causing significant lag and ruining the fun for a lot of people. I chose to take a different route (it was just me doing the event, with some help from Rose). I deployed each regiment one at a time, pitting them against Shock Troopers who had chosen to remain loyal to Palpatine. The event ended with a brutal siege on a mountain fortress, pitting Shock and Palpatine and his Red Guard against the Specialized Regiment. Afterwards the rest of the server was deployed to witness Palpatine’s execution. Shortly thereafter I was promoted to Game Master Officer, then shortly after that to Game Master Manager. I became a Head Administrator at some point too. Oh, I’m also now the Game Master Chief- working hard to ensure that the quality of events is on the rise! My time in staff has taught me many things; I believe it’s helped me to grow as a leader and as a member of the community. I wouldn’t trade it for the world.

The Senate
I was Senator Aang for awhile, and I had a lot of fun with the roleplay. The tryout was a gut-wrenching 4.5 hours long, but it was some of the most fun roleplay I’ve had. Without exposing too many details… let’s just say my love of roleplay, politics, and star wars came together perfectly. I achieved a very high score. I didn’t last long as a Senator due to wishing to pursue a Lore Character in Base Operations.

The Jedi Order [Youngling to Knight]

I am currently a Jedi Knight Sage in the Jedi Order, and upon passing Knight Trials (after the millionth attempt) I immediately went and tried out for Sage. I passed! And since then I’ve been using Jedi to roleplay and unwind after a stressful day of either staff or battalion work.

Why should you become a Battalion Commander?
Truthfully, I should become Yularen because I care. I have always cared about Base Ops and I can now give it the full attention that I believe it deserves. I’ve always been good at fixing problems, and I believe I am qualified to give this problem a shot. I have already gotten the ball rolling within Base Ops on establishing a structure within the battalion. It has lacked any real promotion structure for a long time, and really has sort of lacked in every department. Having squared away Intel, I am turning my eyes towards how people earn positions within the battalion. Once I am confident that each part of the battalion is functioning fully, I plan to take Base Ops in a new and positive direction, hoping to revive certain branches within the battalion  that have long since been dead and turn Base Ops into a source of passive roleplay on the server. Frankly, my answer here may seem short. In a few simple words, I’d answer this question by saying that I am already hard at work; I am already laying the foundation for my plans for the future. I believe I should become Yularen because the battalion needs positive force, it needs continued growth and change- I will provide that growth and change.

Do you understand the lore of your battalion or squad?

Of course.

Availability:

During the week I am available from 3:00 PM EST - 11:00 PM EST

On the weekends I am available from 1:00 PM EST - 2:00 AM EST. 

There are a couple of weeks where I am either incredibly busy with school work or incredibly busy with theater, however I remain available on discord during these times.

Estimate of how long you’ve played on Synergy Roleplay?:

I joined in early May of 2019. It’s been about nine months. I've accumulated over 1500 hours on the server.

Do you have a microphone?:

Yes

Where do you want your Battalion or Squad to be at the end of your term?:

I want Base Ops to have the following:

• A solid rank structure

• A reliable High Command

• A reliable Senior Officer Corps

• A sense of purpose on the Server

• A drive to create roleplay

• A relaxed environment where it doesn’t need to fear its removal at the end of every Yularen term.

I want Base Ops to be functioning the best it possibly could.

Do you understand that if you go inactive that you will be removed from your position?:

Yes.

Do you understand that your position has a three month term limit and you must reapply after three months to maintain your commander rank?:

Yes.

Note, should anyone wish to reach out to me and have a discussion about Base Operations, I'd be more than happy to sit down with you and discuss the future.

+1

Foxey you’re a great guy, I trust you to keep base ops choogaloogin 

Edited by Craigary
  • Friendly 1

Ex HA | VA | SA | A | NA | GMC | GMM | GMO |
GM | GH | TRO x4? | TR | RTR | Hunter | Darman | Mereel | Fixer | Etain | Anakin | Hett | Base ops Commander | Forum Mod | Ahsoka x2| Tyzen Xebec | cooker | Jesse | Tup | warthog - Everything else i was

+1

Ok like obviously everyone thinks you should get it, my ONLY request is you eventually look at ENG and allow ENGL to do their own training, my ENG boys feel kinda useless right now and its the first time in DU history where we have an active strong ENG branch lmao

• Friendly 1

I was in Dooms Unit for a little while.

Banned

+1 Do it to em

• Friendly 1

Question. How do you plan on balancing out both HA and GMC, along with being Yularen? The GM program is struggling in the public eye and with HA being a big responsibility; how do you plan on being able to be the leader that baseops needs you to be without the fear of you burning out hard?

:NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance:

8 hours ago, Mitchel said:

Question. How do you plan on balancing out both HA and GMC, along with being Yularen? The GM program is struggling in the public eye and with HA being a big responsibility; how do you plan on being able to be the leader that baseops needs you to be without the fear of you burning out hard?

For the entirety of my time on Synergy I've been pursuing "careers" in multiple places at the same time. I'm an excellent multi-tasker, and thankfully at the moment I have a lot of free time. I don't feel stress the same as others do and when I do feel stress I've got effective ways of handling it. 

I was Battalion Commander Wolffe, Rear Admiral, and Head Administrator all around the same time. As Yularen I would be resigning my troper position entirely and focusing solely on Base Operations & Staff. I'm not quite sure how to prove that I won't burn out other than by not burning out; so I hope this satisfies you. If I didn't believe I was capable of something, I wouldn't pursue it. 

-1 I personally don’t think your a bad person however your actions haven’t helped your case much. 

like smalljeff said you left your last term early which in reality hurt the 104th. FM spent a good amount of time building it back up and it seemed like you came in and tore it down and killed the battalion. 
IMO the battalion had struggled to find consistent leadership since scarecrow left, you leaving in my eyes was due to it being to much work. Base ops isn’t “struggling” however it has its problems, what is keeping you from just doing the same thing and hurting it even more. Your words from around the block when you left to shock where to power play in shock. Along with the fact Once again work on the block is that you and Bro didn’t agree. 

i don’t believe you have the right mindset to help a battalion such as Base Ops, when it comes down to it when the times get tough you leave. Base ops doesn’t need to be torn down and rebuilt it needs a firm hand and that isn’t you.

Current: Kevin Colt leader of the Colt Crime Syndicate | Alpha-69 Dennis 

Former: BCMD Doom x3| Havoc Squad Brimstone x3 | Base Ops CMD | Delta Jedi | BCMD Colt | BCMD Bacara | Specialized Regimental Commander x2 | First Count Dooku and creator of the CIS | Rear Admiral Orson Krennic 

1 hour ago, SmallJeff said:

Question I know you did good with Wolffe but you dipped pretty early will you do the same or stay towards the end of your term to help bo? @ Foxey

17 minutes ago, Dennis said:

like smalljeff said you left your last term early which in reality hurt the 104th. FM spent a good amount of time building it back up and it seemed like you came in and tore it down and killed the battalion. 

I'll answer both of these at once. Like I covered in the Experience section, I joined the 104th in May. I spent about one full month being an NCO and a MEDO and I then became Warrant Officer. During these times, the 104th had one member of High Command other than FM. Xain. They did well, but due to the fact that there were hardly any Senior Officers, us Junior Officer ran the 104th. When Xain left due to IRL things, it was just Junior Officers and FM. We took on a much heavier leadership role in the 104th than junior officers would in other battalions. By the time I reached Commander I had been effectively acting as one for months. Caulin, Daxynn, BigZach, myself, and FM. I would attribute the rebuilding of the 104th to the 5 of us, and I believe they'd all agree. By the time I became Wolffe I had been helping to lead the 104th for practically an entire Battalion Commander term. Two thirds of the way into my term I began to slow down; sit back; there's a trope, "Resign a legend or stay long enough to become inactive" or something like that. I resigned. Due to circumstances in his life Sinclair's transition into BCMD was not seamless. However the 104th more-or-less handled my resignation fine. Times change.

26 minutes ago, Dennis said:

Your words from around the block when you left to shock where to power play in shock.

I assume you mean no disrespect by this. I had jokingly said to some friends on occasion that it would be quite hilarious to see a Foxey's Fox application. I mean, that's my name. I had no intention to powerplay. I had enjoyed my time in Shock before the 104th and as I was taking a little break from super-activity on my trooper I figured I'd park there and help out. I was beginning to do things when I was asked to come back to the 104th and lend them a hand. I obliged. 

27 minutes ago, Dennis said:

Along with the fact Once again work on the block is that you and Bro didn’t agree. 

Bro and I may have had the occasional professional disagreement. I didn't like some of the things he did, and he didn't like some of my ideas. That's how it goes between any pair of leaders. I am sad to see Bro go, I came to respect him as a leader and to appreciate him as a friend. That being said, as evidenced by my promotion to Vice Admiral (Executive Officer) and Bro's +1 on this application, I believe I have his support.

30 minutes ago, Dennis said:

i don’t believe you have the right mindset to help a battalion such as Base Ops, when it comes down to it when the times get tough you leave. Base ops doesn’t need to be torn down and rebuilt it needs a firm hand and that isn’t you.

I have no intention to tear Base Ops down and rebuild it. I really don't believe that tearing anything down is the way to fix it. More like small repairs. Over time. Little things build up to be great things; Base Ops doesn't need a firm hand- I believe it needs the opposite. It needs the care and attention that it has often been deprived of. I frankly do not believe myself to be one that leaves when the times get tough. I'm a problem solver. It's what I like to do and it's what I believe I am good at. I have every intention to stay to the end of this term. If my life permits me, I'd stay in this position until I believe I have done all I can for Base Operations.

I hope these responses satisfy you both, @SmallJeff & @Dennis

Banned

+1 Good Luck

• Friendly 1

Sanchez trembles at the mention of my name.

Your app is very nice and your experience is extensive. You are hard working, active, and solid. However, I have a concern about overburdening yourself with many leadership positions at once (HA, GMC, BO XO, 104th COL, etc.). How will you be able to balance these rather demanding roles?

• Agree 1

"If you have time to think of a beautiful end, then live beautifully until the end." 

"A hero need not speak. For when he is gone, the world will speak for him." 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZTMETl7Ga0&list=PL5Og0VYg8k2TnPDvarJa9Ijipx7W0Or0x

Banned

Office stealer its the one thing I had left :(

• Funny 1

Sanchez trembles at the mention of my name.

1 hour ago, Jagger said:

Your app is very nice and your experience is extensive. You are hard working, active, and solid. However, I have a concern about overburdening yourself with many leadership positions at once (HA, GMC, BO XO, 104th COL, etc.). How will you be able to balance these rather demanding roles?

I plan to resign from the 104th entirely and leave my trooper as a CT Private sometime in the next two weeks. I have already notified 104th High Command of this and we have begun preparations for my departure. 

HA can be demanding at times. There are some days where it is all of my time. However, due to when and how I choose to do the majority of my staff work (at school, on the bus, pre/post primetime) I am capable of doing my job in staff while leaving plenty of time for being there for my battalion. 

While I wouldn't claim to be immune to burnout- as nobody really is- I believe myself to be fully capable of leading Base Operations to my fullest ability. 

-1 if I’m gonna be completely honest I haven’t seen you very much in the server (maybe it’s just time zones) also I feel as though your “plan” to shift workloads from your trooper to BO won’t work since you have a high staff position (explained at the end). I understand that you can say you can do it but ya have to actually do said thing (and it’s hard to shift work loads most of the time... unless done correctly)

Edited by Austistic
  • Friendly 1

Former: Shadow Company BCMD, Grey Jedi Master, and Wrath of the Sith

I’m gonna pull a pro gamer move and instead of going neutral (coz I can’t anymore) I’m just not going to vote. There’s no one else really for the position but I do agree with Austistic you’re not very active in game and I don’t see much work in BO, itself. But like I said you’re really the only person for the position. I just don’t see base ops advancing with you, I just see it staying where it is. However you could always surprise me.

Edited by IKE
  • Friendly 1

+1 He's been a great support for the last few weeks and I appreciate the time that he has put in. 

This is not without constructive criticisms though:

• I've found that there were times that you opened yourself up to responsibilities and fell short.
    • However, you recognized this and apologized for the inconviences that it may have caused and in addition, fixed the issue.
  • He is very staunch in his opinions.
    • This is both an aid and a crutch. Knowing the point of middle-ground can be difficult

That being said, he is a well spoken individual with plenty of experience, and the potential to make a positive impact with his "Get up and go" attitude. He has always shown me respect and kindness even though I was not always ready to show the same back.

All former disputes were settled because petty disputes that I've created over a video game sounds like a bunch of hoo-haa bullshit that won't matter to me tomorrow.

Edited by Hudson
  • Friendly 1

Hudson, The Helmetless. Formerly Of:
41st Elite Corps & Green Company, Coruscant Guard, 327th Star Corps, Galactic Marines, Special Operations, 187th Legion, Defense and Recon Regimental Commander, 212th Attack Battalion, RANCOR, and for Jedi General Quinlan Vos and Jedi Advisor Shaak Ti.

+1 After your response and seeing you ingame and having RP interactions, I think you'd do well as Admiral. Best of luck. Hope you can pull it off.

• Friendly 1

"If you have time to think of a beautiful end, then live beautifully until the end." 

"A hero need not speak. For when he is gone, the world will speak for him." 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZTMETl7Ga0&list=PL5Og0VYg8k2TnPDvarJa9Ijipx7W0Or0x

Head Admin

Yes, good, execute me, yes, +1

• Friendly 1

Current: Head Admin | Specialized Regimental Commander