Someone Had to Do It V3

Luckyy

Name: Crosshair

Suggestion: Remove SOBDE Reg

Implementation: Remove it

Lore: ARligan Zey was the leader but ye,

In all seriousness the position is utterly useless in SOBDE as it is basically made up of BCMDs/Squad Leads and all treat their squads with the underlying care they need and in all situations every SOBDE Reg leaves after 3 weeks cause of boredom cause the positions useless

Workshop content if applicable: no 
(If no workshop content, suggest a developer or put "Require Development")

Edited by Lucky

+1

Ex HA | VA | SA | A | NA | GMC | GMM | GMO |
GM | GH | TRO x4? | TR | RTR | Hunter | Darman | Mereel | Fixer | Etain | Anakin | Hett | Base ops Commander | Forum Mod | Ahsoka x2| Tyzen Xebec | cooker | Jesse | Tup | warthog - Everything else i was

+1

It's been a long time since I've seen anyone like the SOBDE REG, let alone see it be useful. One day it may be needed, but it really just isn't now. Let the marshal commander handle things if it's really that dire.

SOBDE Reg was really just a middle man job like a public relations manager talking to other battalions etc, its not really needed I'm sure SOBDE squad leads can work together, it will save people applying for the position and burning out frequently.

tenor.gif?itemid=6231561

Former: Commander Cody (x2), ATK Regimental Commander, SOBDE Regimental Commander, 212th XO, Omega Squad Lead Niner, Foxtrot XO, General Kenobi, HA (x2) TRM, GMM, RUS MP Commander 

30 minutes ago, Regional said:

Cause the same can be said for every other REG. 

Squads have a restricted amount of troopers, other regiments have a cluster fuck of documents and well around hundreds of people. So SOBDE REG is kinda weak.

Edited by Jayarr
  • Winner 1

An issue with both of the most recent regimentals were there position in staff. One an HA and the other a Director. They had obligations to both staff and their regiment leading one or the other to be ignored. There is a need for a reg, it's just finding the right one. 3 squad leads have resigned in the last week. Some of them due to their focus in staff and some do to the prevalent issues within SOBDE. It's more of a focus on finding the right person rather than removing the position entirely. At this moment, a regimental appears needed as their are multiple lead positions vacant.

Although the SOBDE reg isn't constantly involved in it all, they represent and ensure that all squads are working together. I know that the SOBDE squads are close, but the regimental ensures that everybody including the other battalions are also on the same page. As somewhat of a filter they allow for other battalions to know what is going on within the SOBDE regiment and be a cemented representative for all of the squads.

And if it's that much of an issue, why suggest to remove it if it may be needed in the future? It's vacant now, why not keep it like that until a regimental is needed?

Edited by Poe
  • Agree 2

327th Papa

spacer.png

Attack Regimental x1

Bly x2

+1 Getting reg is kind of a demotion from your old position in SOBDE and Squad leads seem to work together most of the time to come to a decision and don't need the help of a reg most of the time

Edited by Papa Piff

“I’m not toxic, It’s just hard not to treat you like an idiot” ~ Logic

spacer.png

I'm gonna remain neutral for now.

The SOBDE regimental in my mind acts more as a BCMD hovering over the squad leads, who are also BCMDs. The thing is SOBDE and regimental life are very different, regimental and most BCMD position with a lot of trooper are basically the same. SOBDE also work with each other a lot more then other battalions and spend most the time in the same channel in TS and deploy together. 

A normal reg just talks to the lead to make sure tryouts are good and shit.

SOBDE teg cant really monitor tryouts as SOBDE are limited in the number of people they have.

It qkudl be easier to just put the MCMD to be monitor them as SOBDE is fine as long as the leadership is good. 

Again neutral but raising more points for people to think about.

• Agree 2

What? Were you expecting some colourful thing denoting my past achievements?

Well tough luck, even if I did it would be just 3 things - Bacara, SPEC REG, Old HA.

Once a Marine, Always a Marine... Always forward, never back...

Eh neutral. If it's removed and there's a need for SOBDE HC, then multiple squad leads start arguing for who will take lead. It will get resolved, but then there will start to be an anonymousity between squads. And if it was removed what would squad leads look forward too. If it was it would be the end of the line and people would get burnt out. Like many sobde members are right now. Plus, if someone wants Marshall they don't have to grind out a different battalion and can go through sobde after being there for so long. 

Edited by Peaceshield
2 hours ago, Poe said:

An issue with both of the most recent regimentals were there position in staff. One an HA and the other a Director. They had obligations to both staff and their regiment leading one or the other to be ignored. There is a need for a reg, it's just finding the right one. 3 squad leads have resigned in the last week. Some of them due to their focus in staff and some do to the prevalent issues within SOBDE. It's more of a focus on finding the right person rather than removing the position entirely. At this moment, a regimental appears needed as their are multiple lead positions vacant.

Although the SOBDE reg isn't constantly involved in it all, they represent and ensure that all squads are working together. I know that the SOBDE squads are close, but the regimental ensures that everybody including the other battalions are also on the same page. As somewhat of a filter they allow for other battalions to know what is going on within the SOBDE regiment and be a cemented representative for all of the squads.

And if it's that much of an issue, why suggest to remove it if it may be needed in the future? It's vacant now, why not keep it like that until a regimental is needed?

I don't know if this is shade thrown my way, but me being an HA did not affect how much I put into the regiment during my term as SOBDE Reg. Ask anyone who was in SOBDE, I was anything but complacent because of my role in staff. All I'm going to say about the situation with Bananaberry resigning is that things happened behind closed doors, and regarding the squad leads resigning recently it's more stuff happening behind closed doors. A lot of your reasoning for -1'ing this is based on assumptions.

+1 btw, I don't feel like SOBDE really needs a Regimental Commander, if anything they already have that in Kal/Arligan Zey. 

• Retired Founder

I'm going to have to say -1 to this.

Whilst I can agree that SOBDE squad leads can handle themselves, I must disagree as there has been times in the past that a Squad Leader won't take action against someone being mingey in their squad or favortises someone into their squad, the REG position can then deal with this and it takes away from having it be a main concern for the MCMD to watch over the squads, rather than having him have the REG's report to him.

To put it in short, if the Lead does something dodgey, the regimental is to deal with it, otherwise the MCMD has to constantly watch SOBDE and SOBDE wouldn't like that.

• Retired Founder

Fat Immediate Denied.

Regimentals are in every branch for a reason, like them or don't, next time push for a reg in your group that is exceedingly favorable and you shouldn't have an issue.