Yet Another Jetpack Suggestion

Zyner

Name:

Zyner

Suggestion:

Replacing Rocket Boots with this Jetpack.

Implementation:

Removing Rocket Boots from the server and adding this Jetpack weapon to every Jet Trooper and Troopers that currently have Rocket Boots (Ex: Cody, 104th)

Lore:

There were Jetpacks in the Clone Wars.

Workshop content if applicable:
(If no workshop content, suggest a developer or put "Require Development")

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=918344876

This is a weapon and you Left Click to activate/deactivate it, so no more accidental Jetpack-jumps.

Almost all features of it are able to be changed: Fuel, Fuel Drain, Thrust Power, Gliding Power.

The only thing that needs to be edited is the smoke trail removed.

It is a weapon, not an entity, so you'll have to swap over to it to activate it and then can swap back to a weapon. Once activated, you can fly around and still shoot.

The main reasons why I bring this up is to perhaps have an easier time finding balance between Jetpack fuel, how quickly it drains, its thrust power since all of it can be edited quickly and file size is fairly small.

Edited by Zyner
  • Agree 1
3 minutes ago, Carter said:

Pretty sure Joah said there was massive issues wit it conflicting with WiltOS

Was it this one in specific or the one that was suggested earlier? I tried to search on the forums with the Workshop link and couldn't find anything.

Edit: Had to tweak the search settings since the post was in 2017. It did say "Denied for now" so perhaps the results might be different with how the server has progressed? Otherwise, you can probably just insta-deny it.

Edited by Zyner

+1 please make this work

Ex HA | VA | SA | A | NA | GMC | GMM | GMO |
GM | GH | TRO x4? | TR | RTR | Hunter | Darman | Mereel | Fixer | Etain | Anakin | Hett | Base ops Commander | Forum Mod | Ahsoka x2| Tyzen Xebec | cooker | Jesse | Tup | warthog - Everything else i was

Just because it would piss people off, +1, but add the fuel limit. Makes jetpacks less annoying and operate more like they actually would. You wouldn't be able to fly around infinity like you can now. If these give you more utility like hovering and better lift then I think that is a fair trade off.

On 4/15/2019 at 6:54 AM, Extinzion said:

Neutral due to prob not being able to use any other weapons while flying. (Correct me if I am wrong)

From what im reading, you switch to it, turn it on, and you can still fly around and use weapons, and if you want to stop using the jetpack, you switch to it again, turn it off, then go about your business. So yes, you will be able to use other weapons still.

I’ve used this addon before (I believe it’s the same one) and it’s actually pretty useful. The fuel regenerates when you touch down onto the ground, its main purpose is to limit flight time. The control and movement of it isn’t half bad. The hover function causes the user to drift back to the ground regardless of fuel level (no more failRP broken ankles). Plus it looks pretty good. If it doesn’t break the server I’d give it a +1

And if this isn’t the addon I’m thinking of then RIP. 

• 5 months later...
  • Founder
Founder

After further testing of this addon, we have concluded that it will unfortunately not be added to the server. 

Suggestion is going to be denied

• Winner 1