[Poll] Remove Buffed Weapons?

Joah

Remove Buffed Weapons (Read Post)  

100 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Retired Founder

Hello Synergy, Another Poll?

Would you like to remove buffed weapons and standardize the loadouts on everyone on the server? (We can still add buffs to battalions but not the weapons if this passes) Basically meaning the removal of 501st DC-15A/212th 104th DC15S- Remove Null westar - GM westar. So on so forth.

Assign basic Westar / Dc-15A / DC-15s, to those that get removed to balance the map.

• Winner 1
Just now, [SR] Moros [NA] said:

From my understanding, we got our buffed weapon as a trade off for the removal of our grappling hooks. I mean, if we got grappling hooks back I'd be all for taking away the 104th buffed weapons.

grappling hooks were removed due to lag and performance issues. I doubt you are getting them back.

Just now, Alexz said:

grappling hooks were removed due to lag and performance issues. I doubt you are getting them back.

According to Joah they fixed that. He's the one who actually brought up the possibility of bringing them back in a recent community meeting

I really don't feel like special version of weapons like Westar and DC-15a/s is a problem, it's more so that the perma weapons from the store just outshine the base weapons(and some buffed versions of base weapons) and make them useless. I think adjustments need to be made to the stats of the perma-weapons so that they are more in line with other base weapons like the 15a/s, Westar, and Republic Sniper.

• Agree 2
  • Winner 2
  • Management
Management

All the battalion DC-15as look disgusting. 

DC-15s is sexy and should get a buff.

Lore wise there is only one version of every Republic weapon so the only ones that would be better is the better ones. 
DC-17M Weapons > Westars > DC-15A > DC-15S > DC-17 > DC-15

^ In order from best to worst lore wise.

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

• Retired Founder

I think some of you are having a really hard time understanding this concept.

... All buffed weapons = Gone

AKA 501st DC-15A Edition will become a regular DC-15A

212th DC-15A Edition will become a regular DC-15A

104th WP DC-15S Edition will become a regular DC-15s.

ANY BUFFED WEAPON WILL BE REMOVED AND REPLACED WITH THE REGULAR WEAPON.

Hopefully that clears up the suggestion

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1
  • Winner 1

Kids who want to keep the Buff

Also on the Subject here is my take

All Snipers-Removed

All Flamethrowers-removed

BowCaster-Buff

All Dualies -Nerf

R697c-Nerf

Dual DC-17s-Buff or keep same

ALSO to the Battalion Ideas

Yes they should be all the same. The ONLY people that should be buffed is SOBDE. They Did the Hard Work to get it

Edited by Pythin

Former: Liaison

• Retired Founder
1 minute ago, Jags said:

I honestly don't have a problem with the Buffed weapons, it should stay. Having buff weapons for each battalion is what makes that Battalion standout. 

And honestly massivley unbalances them. I've been thinking of giving a standard issue on everyone anyway but allowing them to keep the buffed weapon as well.. just to balance pvp in sims rather than someone having to spawn in weapons for others. I also agree with @Baxter

1 minute ago, Pythin said:

Kids who want to keep the Buff

Also on the Subject here is my take

All Snipers-Removed

All Flamethrowers-removed

BowCaster-Buff

All Dualies -Nerf

R697c-Nerf

Dual DC-17s-Buff or keep same

You still haven't read it correct? This isn't about PERMA WEAPONS. It's about battalionized special weapons

• Funny 3

52946061-6923-4AFC-AEBA-9E28ED2BA75D-5.g

2 minutes ago, traditional said:

You still haven't read it correct? This isn't about PERMA WEAPONS. It's about battalionized special weapons

Still a Plus one. Bring the Skills to a Challenge

Former: Liaison

4 minutes ago, Joah said:

And honestly massivley unbalances them. I've been thinking of giving a standard issue on everyone anyway. just to balance pvp in sims rather than someone having to spawn in weapons for others. I also agree with @Baxter

Just give everyone a standard weapon like you said if this is just for pvp reasons and keep the buffed weapons

• Agree 3
  • Retired Founder
Just now, [SR] Greek [SA] said:

Just give everyone a standard weapon like you said if this is just for pvp reasons and keep the buffed weapons

Ya if this fails that's what im gonna do.

• Agree 4
1 hour ago, Pythin said:

Yes they should be all the same. The ONLY people that should be buffed is SOBDE. They Did the Hard Work to get it

I dont know if that would actually damage SOBDE as people would basically hate you for being OP, well more than usually XD

Battalions bonus are so battalions arent literally, what's your favourite colour, mines blue so I'm 501st . 

Also a lot of non SOBDE battalions have requirements before you can access their better classes. Mainly GM and Rancor comes to mind. GM need GMACT, they may not be as hard as SOBDE, I've never been to any, but I know of many previous GM who, along with ARC successfully become RC.

Saying SOBDE earn them is kind stupid as you dont join RC as an enlisted like your join a batt and earn trainings and experience and shit.

SOBDE takes already capable soldiers and gives them good shit. The tryouts isn't a trainings it's an elaborate test of varing difficulty based on whether you are good at what ever elements are tested.

SODBE is hard for the facts of its exclusivity, status and reputation, in lore anyway. 

GM is hard as they where the most versatile troopers that could do anything, never surrendered, no matter the odds. [New Bornalex, battalion if B2s, weapons disabled for the GM, used power enhancing prototype suits to first fight the droid, 99% casualty rate =victory (slight exaggeration)] GM was feared.

Rancor and ARC is hard as it was a training that changed the perception of the soliders to be more independent and smarter as well as dealier.  That's why most commander where ARC trained and many of them are some of the best fighters you see in the TV show and comics and other media.

• Winner 1

What? Were you expecting some colourful thing denoting my past achievements?

Well tough luck, even if I did it would be just 3 things - Bacara, SPEC REG, Old HA.

Once a Marine, Always a Marine... Always forward, never back...

2 hours ago, Joah said:

I think some of you are having a really hard time understanding this concept.

... All buffed weapons = Gone

AKA 501st DC-15A Edition will become a regular DC-15A

212th DC-15A Edition will become a regular DC-15A

104th WP DC-15S Edition will become a regular DC-15s.

ANY BUFFED WEAPON WILL BE REMOVED AND REPLACED WITH THE REGULAR WEAPON.

Hopefully that clears up the suggestion

Technically the 212th DC-15A was never buffed it did the same damage as a normal DC-15A.

Former Commander Cody "2 Terms,6 months"

Former Attack Regimental Commander

• Retired Founder

This suggestion has been decided by the community, Buffed weapons will not leave.

HOWEVER.

All Battalions will receive a standardized DC-15A and DC-15S for their own personal use and will be allowed to keep their respective buffed weapons.

Also all perma weapons are getting balanced.

• Winner 2