Remove or nerf stamina

Sixta

Banned

Name: Sixta

Suggestion: Remove or nerf stamina

Implementation: So basically it takes five swings to completely empty your stamina bar. I believe a sith and a Jedi would be able to do more attacks before getting tired. 

Lore: 

workshop content if applicable:
(If no workshop content, suggest a developer or put "Require Development") Doesn't require anything I don't think. 

r4ymo.gif

+1 what are we nerds

Ex HA | VA | SA | A | NA | GMC | GMM | GMO |
GM | GH | TRO x4? | TR | RTR | Hunter | Darman | Mereel | Fixer | Etain | Anakin | Hett | Base ops Commander | Forum Mod | Ahsoka x2| Tyzen Xebec | cooker | Jesse | Tup | warthog - Everything else i was

• Management
Management

+1 how come the regular swings take stamina and the heavies don't lul

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

1 hour ago, [SR] Marvel [A] said:

regular swings take stamina and the heavies don't lul

Its a bug, its going to be fixed. 

as for this, I want to +1 nerf the stamina.

Not remove it as i dont want retards spinning like beyblades all the time. But 4-5 hits are just too little.

plus 75% for one heavy is basically a single attack and a heavy. Make it so heavies take 50% so you can at least do 2. 

• Founder
Founder

I feel like it would be cooler to implement it into the skill points system or maybe tied to your level so that there is more progression. 

• Agree 3
  • Funny 1
  • Retired Founder

Sorry but no, I think it make it more skill based to actually bide your time and understand what's going on, rather than dick tickling your way to victory.

Heavy spam is also being put on a stamina bar.

Also in your video, do you see them consistently spam attacking, no, they're deflecting measuring each shot calculated. it's not like garrys mod and that's a horrible comparison. 

I'm neutral about allowing more attacks

Completely against getting rid of.

• Agree 1

+1 I understand Joah's point but a lot of fights now stall and is less agressive (which I understand can be good) but It takes forever to battle and half of the duels now is just chasing your opponent around for five minutes while they recharge then they chase you around thus prolonging fights   

You guys realize Blocking will soon not cost anything, and heavies will soon cost 100%?

Watch those lightsaber duels, and look how often they're blocking before they get a chance to swing.

It's hard to do, but 0 stamina is pretty aids compared to having stamina at all.

The only reason you don't like it is because you learned to fight without it.

• Agree 1

I mean both systems have their flaws.
Without stamina you can constantly spam attacks with no real discretion, but you can be heavily punished for it.
With stamina the fights drag on longer and turn into more attrition based fights rather than an intense spar.

The spars now do not feel intense, they feel...boring? I do not know how to describe it. The old system spamming was punishable and was fun to use (in my opinion) and this new system slows down spars so much that it turns into people turtling because it's the best way to preserve stamina. If people run out of stamina you are not able to punish them properly because they can still jump, making it almost impossible to hit them unless you time your attack right, until they have their stamina back.

I've played games such as For Honor that use systems like this and it works when you are actually punished for running out of stamina, in this system you just run and jump until it's back.

+1 like I understand why the stamina bar is there, but it needs to be either increased or removed. As it kills the pacing of spars (in my opinion.)

Also, if you want to refer to non spars. The old system punished spamming by causing you to hit people around you with certain stances if you spammed, so it was balanced in that regard.

Maybe add only a few sabers that use stamina for formal spars and allows the previous system for others? I do not know if that is possible but that may be a compromise for some people

Edited by Mitchel
  • Agree 3

:NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance:

Neutral, I agree with more attacks, although most of the issues I've been having in any kind of spars, is that people just fucking spam the diddle like the icefuse days. Now that everyone has all stances. It's all diddle, all the time. Standard combat tactic is Aggressive 3, spam diddle. No point to use heavies, no point to use any other stance, just diddle. It's hitbox lingers for so long, and can multi-hit within the crit zones.

8 hours ago, Mitchel said:

I mean both systems have their flaws.
Without stamina you can constantly spam attacks with no real discretion, but you can be heavily punished for it.
With stamina the fights drag on longer and turn into more attrition based fights rather than an intense spar.

The spars now do not feel intense, they feel...boring? I do not know how to describe it. The old system spamming was punishable and was fun to use (in my opinion) and this new system slows down spars so much that it turns into people turtling because it's the best way to preserve stamina. If people run out of stamina you are not able to punish them properly because they can still jump, making it almost impossible to hit them unless you time your attack right, until they have their stamina back.

I've played games such as For Honor that use systems like this and it works when you are actually punished for running out of stamina, in this system you just run and jump until it's back.

+1 like I understand why the stamina bar is there, but it needs to be either increased or removed. As it kills the pacing of spars (in my opinion.)

+1 to increase 

On 1/3/2019 at 10:09 AM, Joah said:

Sorry but no, I think it make it more skill based to actually bide your time and understand what's going on, rather than dick tickling your way to victory.

Also in your video, do you see them consistently spam attacking, no, they're deflecting measuring each shot calculated. it's not like garrys mod and that's a horrible comparison. 

-1 Agreed.

Banned
On 1/3/2019 at 4:09 AM, Joah said:

I mean why use stamina when you can kyberslam amirite? 

r4ymo.gif

• Retired Founder
19 minutes ago, Sixta said:

I mean why use stamina when you can kyberslam amirite? 

I can spar you and destroy you right now 1v1 if you want. So far undefeated :)

Get yo ass in a sparring room and learn this shit boy before I spank ya ass

• Funny 2
Banned
1 minute ago, Joah said:

I can spar you and destroy you right now 1v1 if you want. So far undefeated :)

Get yo ass in a sparring room and learn this shit boy before I spank ya ass

boi if you don't 

• Funny 1

r4ymo.gif