Bbstine's Boss Application

Bbstine

Steam Name: Bbstine

RP Name: Delta-40 Fixer

Steam ID : STEAM_0:1:123229741

Battalion or squad you are applying for: Delta Squad

Experience: *Most of my experience will be copy and pasted from a previous application I posted because experience doesn't change.*

• Obviously I'm going to start with the current role I am in Delta Squad, I am Fixer once again. I know to many people this will not be surprising but most will be worried that I've bounced in and out of this position now 3 times this being my 3rd. I've served under 3 different Boss's : Punda, Fours, and Acroc. The first two have not been too special expect for the fact I was considered the second in-command of Punda's squad except for the fact that I was a total pain in his ass for a very long time. Four's squad I will admit did not last long as I pushed myself to get on the server for no apparent reason and it really burnt me out which was a total mistake upon my part and I will even take the blame for wasting his time with my tryouts, either or it was a great squad and even though my position was short lived it was fun. Acroc's leadership over me did not last long as he resigned from Boss within a month of me being Fixer. I was not considered the XO of the squad and I know this sounds surprising, but Doc was (Scorch). And underneath this squad I've served my time and I've worked with my fellow squad members to introduce what Acroc was working on before he left. We were working on the Squad Regiment Outreach Program which basically allows our squad to get deployed more often and that will bring a lot of activity and openess from Delta Squad in particular, fortunately we got that finished tonight (10/9/18) and will be getting it rolled out as soon as possible.

• I was Senate Commando Captain Taggart, my duties as the position varied from dealing with people abusing their powers as a commando, ensuring the safety of Senators, and maintaining activity in the unit. As Taggart my unit was alive and well until the removal of Senate Commandos and my resignation from the position which was extremely short.

• I was Anakin Skywalker whilst Acorn was Rex. At the beginning of his term I assisted him in the creation of multiple aspects to the battalion and ensured that everything would run smoothly as his time as Rex. I also introduced positions to the server for RP purposes with the help of Jackson and Joah (who approved it) these positions were R2-D2 and C3PO which now allowed players to apply for these positions and then roleplay with them, sadly it doesn't seem to stick around much but it's still in place as far as I know.

• I was also Aayla Secura for the 327th (of course) where I was the position after Mocaris. This was a battalion that met its end shortly after I got the position but recently in the past few months was re-instated. I attempted to help recruit and show off activity as a Battalion Jedi General but it didn't mean much when the battalion was put on the chopping block and decapitated, after that happened I then continued on to be the KU Jedi General until I left Jedi Master in which I still am a KU Jedi Knight oddly.

• I was the Unnamed Foxtrot Tech position as well working underneath Buzz, one of the greatest squad leads to work with. I would enforce roleplay in-game alongside other squad members and assist with tryouts for other squads. Not much out of this position other than the fact that I was just extremely helpful and enforced my Tech Roleplay like usual.

• I was a Special Operations aka Shadow Company Colonel for the battalion when it was just getting back from its wipe, I successfully helped Freck, Jayarr, and Ryx with the revival of the battalion where I then departed from the battalion to focus on my Jedi. Whilst I was Colonel I oversaw all regimental positions within our battalion assigning people to positions such as Jet Lead, Pilot Lead, and Heavy Lead. I then successfully oversaw these positions and ensured documentation was correctly filed and updated frequently.

• I was a Shadow Manager until I became Anakin. I frequently hosted Shadow and Sentinel Trials and recreated most of the documents for the Jedi Order due to the trials being a bit too "difficult." Regardless, I was that position, not too much of a leadership role but I find it was very helpful of getting me to where I am today.

Why should you become a Battalion Commander?:I wish to be Boss because of my previous experience within this squad and my time with different generations of SOBDE as in a whole. I hold the experience as a long lasting member of SOBDE and I wish to push the squad to a new level that Delta Squad hasn't seen before. I know this sounds weird coming from someone like me (Bbstine) who doesn't look like I commit to much. You can easily quote me on things such as staff duties or even previous positions, but this is different; I've always been passionate about Delta Squad and especially the members within the squad. I would say I have not been excited for things in a very long time, but what I have planned for Delta Squad has me extremely excited. I know why I should be Boss, but I can understand why people might be skeptical of me going for the position due to my previous things ending in such tragedy (Senate Commandos and 327th) I do not plan for this to happen to the squad under my watch. Myself, Doc, Bananaberry, and our Regimental Baelfire have all come under the decision that I should be the one to take the mantle of Boss and I fully intend on living up to their exceptions. 

Do you understand the lore of your battalion or squad?: I do, and I'll even go in order of the squad hierarchy. 

RC-1138 (Boss) - His name basically gives away what his role was in this squad. He was the lead of the squad and in most cases was the most experienced one out of all the other commandos providing helpful advice to his squad.

RC-1140 (Fixer) - As I've been this position 3 times, I'd hope by now I know this guy's lore. Fixer was the known Tech in the squad who'd primarily deal with accessing consoles and being the second in-command of Delta Squad. He is known to be the most professional member of the squad frequently breaking up fights between Sev and Scorch.

*At this point Scorch and Sev are the same in the hierarchy*

RC-1262 (Scorch) - Scorch is known as the explosives expert within the squad, or server-wide known as the EOD guy who blows shit up. Scorch in lore was known to be extremely annoying and would often start fights between himself and Sev. I'd say in my own words that he is the clown of the group. 

RC-1207 (Sev) - This is known to be the edgy boy of the squad. Sev is known as the marksman of the squad, who upon the tragic events of Geonosis had gone batshit crazy and now tallies up each Geonosian kill. Sev was also left on Kashyyyk by his fellow squad members upon him getting surrounded by trandoshans.

Availability: Here is where the fun begins.

My schedule is abnormal due to work, and I know it sounds like a bogus excuse but I've run this by my squad and they still believe I am good for the position.

Usually I work from Monday-Friday from 3:30PM to 10:00PM EST, but other then that I am free, but then again sometimes I am available on weekdays or even not available at weekends. Either or, I am usually at work around 3:30 to 10:00PM. Other than that, I am always contactable over the forums and the discord if need be. 

Estimate of how long you've played on Synergy Roleplay?: I'd say since the beginning of Synergy.

Do you have a microphone?: Yes

Where do you want your battalion or squad to be at the end of your term?: I will not be the generic squad lead, I will not say "my squad to be active and serious" I am going to be blunt and honest when I say I want my squad to be self-sufficient and liked by other battalions. SOBDE and Delta Squad alike have always been shit on in some sort of purpose, and I am tired of it. I want people to know they can communicate with us without them thinking we're shitty human beings. I want my squad to enforce the idea that we work well with each battalion and that we are willing to help them out as long as they help us in return. I want my squad to understand the difference between fun and minging, and I want them to understand it real well. This may sound weird coming from me of all people, but I know the most of when to shut the hell up and just get back to working, and I'm not afraid of yelling at a few people to get everything through their head. I'm not saying I want to completely focus on our general appearance when it comes to likeliness, I of course want them to be active, and I want them to be respectful, but I expect that out from any normal human being on the server.

Do you understand that if you go inactive that you will be removed from your position?: Of course.

Do you understand that your position has a three month term limit and you must reapply after three months to maintain your commander rank?: I do. 

( And to quote Joah on one thing he said to me once. 

"Wow another commander position that you're applying for. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW"

You're damn right I am. )

+1 but dont take my RM position after this gets boring! 😡 Grrrrrr this better not take time away from minecraft either!

Edited by BigZach

"I'm not toxic. You're just making it really hard to not treat you like an idiot." - Logic

+1 you best be more active son

Ex HA | VA | SA | A | NA | GMC | GMM | GMO |
GM | GH | TRO x4? | TR | RTR | Hunter | Darman | Mereel | Fixer | Etain | Anakin | Hett | Base ops Commander | Forum Mod | Ahsoka x2| Tyzen Xebec | cooker | Jesse | Tup | warthog - Everything else i was

• Retired Founder

-1, Commitment issues, I think this will just be bad in the long run (nothing personal.) Best of luck you'll probably get it tho. Last time I -1'd your staff app saying you would resign within 2 weeks - 1 month. We'll see how this goes though, Best of luck my friend. (Real friends give valid input) It seems you just go for what's open and you're not actually interested.

• Agree 3
  • Friendly 1

A hesitant +1 while I do not doubt your leadership capabilities, or your ability to accomplish the goals you've set for the squad. I think its fair to consider your tendency to bounce in and our of positions, as well as your difficult if not awkward schedule. You did say you brought your schedule up to your  squad and that they agreed it wouldn't be an issue. In the end I think you can succeed and I want you to prove the concerns about you wrong.  

You have shown a pattern of leaving after short times, both with staff and a Commander position. I have no doubt that you have the capability to be a great leader however Sobde does not need another squad lead that will leave after only a partial term. 

Based on the feedback you will get to interview and most likely pass it and I do hope you prove me wrong. 

+1

Bbstine is the best man for the Job as Boss

Most people see Bbstine as a not serious man, I'm going to explain this for everyone

Bbstine fools around when it's downtime, he wants people to laugh which is a good thing

BUT! He always acts serious when the time comes for it

@Bbstine We need to talk in TS3 for something important, Good Luck!

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47autk0ajbcj5rtkhc86

Former: Delta Pilot 42 | WO Appo | 501st 2ndLT ScarZ | Naval LT Patrick

I agree with Joah on this one. You are a great guy and I know you could make a great Leader. You just have a bad track record on these type of things (Nothing Personal), going for any open position, leaving staff after a month, etc. Hell, how do we know you won't leave this! (That was joke). Seriously though, thats my take on this. You are still a great dude and a hell of a mate, but SOBDE crucially needs a leader who will stay. -1

19 hours ago, Joah said:

-1, Commitment issues, I think this will just be bad in the long run (nothing personal.) Best of luck you'll probably get it tho. Last time I -1'd your staff app saying you would resign within 2 weeks - 1 month. We'll see how this goes though, Best of luck my friend. (Real friends give valid input) It seems you just go for what's open and you're not actually interested.

I reckon I will put my 2 cents in with this since he can't exactly answer you

So far he has shown me extreme interest as well as commitment. He was one of the behind the scenes guy who pushed me to hurry up and get RC outreach rolled out. He also helped make it easier for me with some ideas he came up with. He has gone out of his way and already worked with me to better Delta squad. He has also told me how he wants to see delta squad running with him as boss. This is more then I can say for any of the bosses I have seen in awhile (Including myself when i ran for boss).  While I feel that yes he may have been quick to leave in the past. We have more to do now and have more hands on type of things in RC that he wont just quit out of boredom. He is already doing a great job.

Edited by Baelfire
  • Winner 1

Former Boss, Former Fixer, Former Sev

Former Jaing, Former Prudii

Former Bardan Jusik/Skirata

Former SOBDE Regimental Commander 

32 minutes ago, Baelfire said:

So far he has shown me extreme interest as well as commitment. He was one of the behind the scenes guy who pushed me to hurry up and get RC outreach rolled out. He also helped make it easier for me with some ideas he came up with. He has gone out of his way and already worked with me to better Delta squad. He has also told me how he wants to see delta squad running with him as boss. This is more then I can say for any of the bosses I have seen in awhile (Including myself when i ran for boss).  While I feel that yes he may have been quick to leave in the past. We have more to do now and have more hands on type of things in RC that he wont just quit out of boredom. He is already doing a great job.

100% agree.

When Bbstine puts his mind to something, it's golden, he's an amazing leader, I've got faith in him

• Agree 1

British

• Retired Founder
12 hours ago, Baelfire said:

It'll show in the work as "Boss" and the time committed. I agree, however it's not your place to answer for him. (There's a reason applicants aren't supposed to reply to this and it's to stop arguments/back and forth replies) I appreciate you doing it, but keep the posts to +1 or -1's, you don't see me replying to everyone who +1'd this with 0 reason but good guy haha. 

I appreciate your input, however,  it will remain -1. My -1's will change to +1's in future applications if he changes and actually does well as "Boss" and continues to remain active on the position for what I would like to be a (full term)

(That's my final post on this)