Sev for Delta Medic

Baelfire

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Boss

Suggestion: Making Sev delta squads medic.

Implementation: Adding the medkit and bacta nade to sev.

Lore:d52344293cfa7bfa456b046b1a957725-png.jpg this is the only lore that hints sev is medically trained.

Workshop content if applicable:
(If no workshop content, suggest a developer or put "Require Development")

If you are asking to add or change a job, fill out the following

Add or Change: Change

Job: Delta Squad Sev

Model: Same

Weapons: Adding Medkit and Bacta nade to sev.

Other: None

Thank for you taking your time reading this. The reason I want sev as the medic is because delta squad does not have a medic and seems to be the only squad without one which is weird to me since the squads are structured the same. Meaning Delta has a medic but it was never revealed except in the above clip that slightly mentions it

Edited by Mishue
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 2

Former Boss, Former Fixer, Former Sev

Former Jaing, Former Prudii

Former Bardan Jusik/Skirata

Former SOBDE Regimental Commander 

Banned

+1 you need a medical

Pretty sure all of Delta get the extra armor as a result of not having a medic (?) So if this does get accepted you'll most likely have to give up that armor buff.

tenor.gif?itemid=6231561

Former: Commander Cody (x2), ATK Regimental Commander, SOBDE Regimental Commander, 212th XO, Omega Squad Lead Niner, Foxtrot XO, General Kenobi, HA (x2) TRM, GMM, RUS MP Commander 

• Coordinator
Coordinator

-1 Delta get armor bonus since they dont have a medic and its not lore that he was a medic

For everyone saying its not lore if you read the books and read what i put in the post. it shows that Fi states that sev has the same training as Fi.

7 minutes ago, Mishue said:

For everyone saying its not lore if you read the books and read what i put in the post. it shows that Fi states that sev has the same training as Fi.

-1 Can you show us a lore page or a line from a book saying that he had the same training as Fi? 

Former Positions: 

• 41st XO
  • 41st Green Leader
  • 41st Faie
  • Temple Guard Manager/Cin
  • Overseer
  • Gamemaster
9 minutes ago, Mishue said:

Sev was a sniper not a medic

Edited by Arroyo

While I do believe that all of the RC probably had some sort of medical training, none of them were assigned to the squads as medics other than Fi and a few others. Sev was not one of those few others. He was specifically trained to be an elite marksman, nothing more, nothing less.

• Agree 1
58 minutes ago, Arroyo said:

Sev was a sniper not a medic

And? Fi is a Sniper AND A MEDIC. Sev is trained the SAME as Fi.

31 minutes ago, Zyner said:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/RC-1207

CTRL+F "Medic"

1 Result mentioning Fi performing a medical treatment on Sev.

Yes but if you read the book. Like the image i put in the very first post in this op. it clearly says Fi saying sev was trained the same. If you actually do the research and read the RC books you would know. This is what its from. Not the wiki. From the books. The wiki is not the golden grail of all knowledge with star wars.

Edited by Mishue

1 minute ago, Mishue said:

And? Fi is a Sniper AND A MEDIC. Sev is trained the SAME as Fi.

Yes but if you read the book. Like the image i put in the very first post in this op. it clearly says Fi saying sev was trained the same. If you actually do the research and read the RC books you would know. This is what its from. Not the wiki. From the books.

That image is 400px × 77px so it's literally just a bunch of blurred lines. If you can link to the page of the digital book where that line is said there might be some leverage but not much. Have to also take into consideration how much of that training was put to use, they may both have the same training but not the same experience or applying it.

+1 you guys do need a medic and well rc were trained in a lot of things I wouldn’t doubt they were trained in some medical stuff but really rc sticks together most he time well it did when I was part of it and well you got Fi and the foxtrot med and null if any of them are on usualy you get healed by normal clones

Eh, this has been brought up so many times, it's almost impossible to fight something when the community just wants their lore boners to be erect 24/7, even though half of the shit we have on the server isn't lore.

You have your armor buff, but armor is actually lowkey shit anyway. I wanted a medic in Delta a very long time ago and I just accepted the fact it'll never happen, no matter how much you try. Here is a thing we did back when I was Fixer.

We performed a program in the squad where we stole a medic from each battalion monthly to give them a chance to be in the boots of an RC whilst being deployed with them, this would have to be approved by their battalion commander but you know how easy that is. I recommend you start something up like that, it'll be worth it because then you'll have double goodies.

3 hours ago, Zyner said:

That image is 400px × 77px so it's literally just a bunch of blurred lines. If you can link to the page of the digital book where that line is said there might be some leverage but not much. Have to also take into consideration how much of that training was put to use, they may both have the same training but not the same experience or applying it.

http://www.e-reading.club/bookreader.php/71118/Traviss_-_Republic_Commando__Triple_Zero.html on page 17 just CTRL+F Racked and you will find it on the 6th one or so.

2 hours ago, Mishue said:

http://www.e-reading.club/bookreader.php/71118/Traviss_-_Republic_Commando__Triple_Zero.html on page 17 just CTRL+F Racked and you will find it on the 6th one or so.

It's a bit vague but it's there. It still raises interest that there's nothing about it on the Wikia, at least personally. It really may have been that he was medically trained early on but focues on Marksmanship instead in the later days.

While I do see the point you bring up from the book I just find it too vague and a singular instance in the entire lore as per your research.

I mean every squad has a medic. and sniper. EOD and a tech/ENG expert.  Sniper and Medic are normally the same so logic dictates that sev is a medic anyways. Thus explains why he also excels in interrogation cause he can use the medical knowledge towards that end

+1. Guys, if Delta gets rid of their Armor and Health buff, then there should be a medic. Even as Fi, i'm always hoping that Sev will be a Medical Marksman since there are techically only two medics in RC. Mishue is right though, if Fi and Sev have the same training, then why doesn't Sev have a medical kit? He is medic qualified and I really don't understand how you guys are -1's these. 

Current: Rancor Panda | Honorary Consular

spacer.png
Ex: Delta 38, Kom'rk Skirata x2, Mereel Skirata, A'den Skirata, Omega Squad Fi (XO), Foxtrot MDMK, 327th 1stLT, 501st 1stLT, 212th MAJ, 41st WO, Alpha ARC 22 WO 'Aven', 212th 1stLT Lycanthrope

2 hours ago, Zyner said:

It's a bit vague but it's there. It still raises interest that there's nothing about it on the Wikia, at least personally. It really may have been that he was medically trained early on but focues on Marksmanship instead in the later days.

While I do see the point you bring up from the book I just find it too vague and a singular instance in the entire lore as per your research.

There is a lot of missing lore from the wiki, the wiki provides you with a general idea, not everything.

Anyway, here it is, written down in the books, lore is lore, and the books are the books, just because it isn't on a wiki page doesn't mean it wasn't a thing.

As Fixer, I wouldn't care about losing armor, it doesn't do much anyway, having a medic is 10x more beneficial, and it adds onto more of Sev's character and roleplay.

And it isn't rocket science to put two & two together and go; "Hey, Sev specialized in marksmanship, but it appears that because of this quote taken straight from the books, he was medically trained as well, which would come to no surprise as RC were trained in most specializations."

+1

ONLINE PAGE 17 - REPUBLIC COMMANDO TRIPLE ZERO BOOK

d06bae81d8d364be817f85b456a4324d-png.jpg

Edited by Twelves
added in some more information
4 hours ago, Twelves said:

There is a lot of missing lore from the wiki, the wiki provides you with a general idea, not everything.

Anyway, here it is, written down in the books, lore is lore, and the books are the books, just because it isn't on a wiki page doesn't mean it wasn't a thing.

As Fixer, I wouldn't care about losing armor, it doesn't do much anyway, having a medic is 10x more beneficial, and it adds onto more of Sev's character and roleplay.

And it isn't rocket science to put two & two together and go; "Hey, Sev specialized in marksmanship, but it appears that because of this quote taken straight from the books, he was medically trained as well, which would come to no surprise as RC were trained in most specializations."

+1

ONLINE PAGE 17 - REPUBLIC COMMANDO TRIPLE ZERO BOOK

d06bae81d8d364be817f85b456a4324d-png.jpg

Ultimstely I'd agree for swapping armor for medkit but that's not on the suggestion

+1

I see the reasoning behind it and for me those lines from the book are enough. I doubt Delta squad would even be a squad, and get deployed without a medic. I would agree though extra armor needs to be removed if Sev does indeed become a medic. 

6 hours ago, Red_Panda said:

+1. Guys, if Delta gets rid of their Armor and Health buff, then there should be a medic. Even as Fi, i'm always hoping that Sev will be a Medical Marksman since there are techically only two medics in RC. Mishue is right though, if Fi and Sev have the same training, then why doesn't Sev have a medical kit? He is medic qualified and I really don't understand how you guys are -1's these. 

Remember. Just because Sev has medic training doesn’t make him a medic 

+1 Normally Fixer is the medic but with him being the TECH it would make sense for Sev to be the medic instead. Having a medic would be a lot better than some flimsy armor buff that would go away after the first few hits. Even though I do hate the bacta grenades and them being overpowered it is a nice thing to have.