[DIRECTORS] Remove Staff Age Limit

Bolt

Name: Bolt

Suggestion: Remove the age limit that was recently put on the staff team.

Implementation: Usually once something is added or implemented or removed, people will wait a bit to actually make a post to re-add or remove it, but this needs to be dealt with now. Although it makes sense to have a mature audience and older people in the community be on the staff team and not anyone in the young audience due to possible minging, there shouldn't be an age limit because of the fact there is are people 13 and below who are mature and able to be on the Synergy staff team, and that people shouldn't be kept out of something for age, it could even give such a young person an experience to help them out in the future, gaming, or real life. Let me give a description of someone back on Icefuse, before the whole split thing, his name was Amup/Puma, he was pretty young, younger than me, yet he put a huge effort into not just the 91st, but the staff team, he'd train, do his job, and had a great work ethic, doing better than 90% of the rest of the staff team, and at such a young age, he was very mature, credit to Jax for helping me describe Amup since I don't remember to much of him, although he was my fellow squeaker brother, and someone named Insight too, but anyway back to the topic at hand, age doesn't effect anyones work, even on a staff team, Another beneficial thing that can be from the younger audience is they may have more time to be on the server. Especially during the summer, younger members can be on almost daily unless they have something irl to do. People who are older may have work, and during times of school, will have more work to do for school, but the younger audience such as myself, have just maybe about 30 minutes maximum of homework for something like school, then able to get on the server. Therefore people 13 and below may have better availability on the server to do staff work. I've also seen less staff, less tickets being taken, it has been getting better I will say, but with more people able to be on the staff team, that could help that out, and of course this is for a much older age, but the same basis as this. Back on Icefuse, Rush wasn't given a head admin position because he was 15, and Corvezeo wanted someone who was older, like 18+, Joah told everyone this and other things about Icefuse before the split when he was getting perma banned from Icefuse, this sort of thing applies here, because people are getting denied a staff position because of age, and that isn't right. Therefore, there shouldn't be an age limit on staff.

This may be confusing but you get the general basis of it, end the staff age limit, it is unneeded, and limits people in the community, from a staff position they can handle.

Also, this may seem like something for server suggestion, but staff applications are on the forums and stuff, so yeah.

bolt

If they're trustworthy of joining staff, at a younger age I think we may re-think it. But at the current time. We have had a bunch of terrible 10-12 year old kids joining with tempers and so on. Not something we need to deal with.

• Retired Founder

You say that less tickets are being taken and less work is being done but not only are our staff numbers still quite high, there was only about 2 staff that were below the age of 14. There are so few staff members at this age value as is so it didnt really make much of a difference when the rule was put in. Also in regards to age not affecting staff work I agree with you that even at a young age anyone can have a very strong work ethic which is respectable, but age does affect attitude in one way or another. Comparing one person when they are 11-12 to when they are 15-16 there is a huge different in how that person will act around others. Im not saying that everyone who is below 14 is bad obviously, but there are certain levels of maturity required for the staff team that is very rare to find in those who are 13 or younger. Again this is not against anyone this young but staff is very different than battalion work.

• Retired Founder
11 minutes ago, Doc said:

I’d like to ask a follow up question then, would people under the age minimum be able to apply and then be deemed mature enough there with a reply to the app or would an individual have to contact a HA before submitting a staff application 

If someone who was too young wanted to apply they would ask a high staff member, then all of high staff would talk about it and then vote on whether they have the maturity.

25 minutes ago, Korm said:

If they're trustworthy of joining staff, at a younger age I think we may re-think it. But at the current time. We have had a bunch of terrible 10-12 year old kids joining with tempers and so on. Not something we need to deal with.

if these 10-12 year olds with tempers and issues are getting past the forum application and the interview I think that falls on the staff that accept/approve the application and they should be held responsible for accepting unfit applicants. (only this paragraph is a response to korm, rest is toward the age restriction)

An age restriction should not apply ever, as anyone of any age is capable of being an amazing staff member, or the most abusive staff member. In the end the interview and community interactions should give a proper view of the individual and how capable they are/can be as a staff member, not the age or maturity level.

+1 it is not really necessary to have an age restriction, and just makes it harder and adds an extra step for young applicants.

I still believe that an application can be denied for age or immaturity if the community/HAs see the candadite unfit for that reason. But not even allowing them permission to apply without a form of high staff consent is not needed.

• Agree 1

:)

1 hour ago, Korm said:

How did the immature members get past the application and the interview?

bolt

57 minutes ago, Jackson said:

If someone who was too young wanted to apply they would ask a high staff member, then all of high staff would talk about it and then vote on whether they have the maturity.

Nothing in Freck's post states those below 14 may contact a high staff member to get waived, so im not sure where this statement comes from. It specifically says even if you resign and come back, you must follow this limit.

Edited by Bolt
  • Agree 1

bolt

2 hours ago, Korm said:

8qLLFGT.jpg

7 hours ago, Korm said:

^

As one of the younger staff members at 15, i think the limit helps. It would stop some of the younger kids who want to come to the staff team just to mess around. 

But im also sure there are younger kids here who are definitely mature enough and responsible enough to deal with staff duties in the correct manor. So there should be a work around for those who want to join. I think that the work around should be kind of a grind to go through just to see if they are dedicated, like having increased hours. The applicant needs needs a recommendation from a staff member [A]/[SA]+, and you could also talk to their BCMD, to see if he/she thinks they are ready.

nuetral 

11 hours ago, Sock Monkey said:

if these 10-12 year olds with tempers and issues are getting past the forum application and the interview I think that falls on the staff that accept/approve the application and they should be held responsible for accepting unfit applicants. (only this paragraph is a response to korm, rest is toward the age restriction)

An age restriction should not apply ever, as anyone of any age is capable of being an amazing staff member, or the most abusive staff member. In the end the interview and community interactions should give a proper view of the individual and how capable they are/can be as a staff member, not the age or maturity level.

+1 it is not really necessary to have an age restriction, and just makes it harder and adds an extra step for young applicants.

I still believe that an application can be denied for age or immaturity if the community/HAs see the candadite unfit for that reason. But not even allowing them permission to apply without a form of high staff consent is not needed.

This man sums it up perfectly. You so wise Sock xd. +1

To be completely honest, the age limit isn't all that bad. Sure, its bad for the mature 10-13 year olds, but its good for the high staff who have to waste their precious time dealing with issues like it.

Despite this, I will still be +1ing this. I think that, if community feedback of an applicant is strong enough, we should grant them the exception that they are allowed to apply and interview. Having 12 year olds in staff is beneficial to the 12 year olds, as they are getting experience for their future and for when they need a job in real life.  

tl;dr basically allow certian staff ranks to allow 10-13 year olds to apply if community feedback is good/if they have been prior staff and had no prior issues and they formally resigned. +1

Yes, I do hate fat people.
Former Ordo Skirata

Keep this rule but make exceptions via HA+

yes 10% under 14s are good but if you let them in you have to let in the 90% bad ones, Head Admins should be able to make exceptions.

Edited by Nade Jones

tenor.gif?itemid=6231561

Former: Commander Cody (x2), ATK Regimental Commander, SOBDE Regimental Commander, 212th XO, Omega Squad Lead Niner, Foxtrot XO, General Kenobi, HA (x2) TRM, GMM, RUS MP Commander 

22 minutes ago, Nade Jones said:

Keep this rule but make exceptions via HA+

yes 10% under 14s are good but if you let them in you have to let in the 90% bad ones, Head Admins should be able to make exceptions.

See I think quite the opposite. TBH there has only been like 6 in the past 3 months that have been banned. I say atleast 75% of under 14s tht play on the server make good staff. Like Im not 14, im 13 but I was a okay staff member. I didnt do anything special but I was a alright one, and more importantly not a bad one

35 minutes ago, IKE said:

See I think quite the opposite. TBH there has only been like 6 in the past 3 months that have been banned. I say atleast 75% of under 14s tht play on the server make good staff. Like Im not 14, im 13 but I was a okay staff member. I didnt do anything special but I was a alright one, and more importantly not a bad one

That is far from true lmao

tenor.gif?itemid=6231561

Former: Commander Cody (x2), ATK Regimental Commander, SOBDE Regimental Commander, 212th XO, Omega Squad Lead Niner, Foxtrot XO, General Kenobi, HA (x2) TRM, GMM, RUS MP Commander 

• Retired Founder

Like I said there are of course exceptions for certain people below 14, to which they will have an exception made for them so that they can join staff after speaking with high staff about it.

15 hours ago, Sock Monkey said:

+1 ^

52 minutes ago, Jackson said:

Like I said there are of course exceptions for certain people below 14, to which they will have an exception made for them so that they can join staff after speaking with high staff about it.

why add an extra step for high staff and a wait time for the applicant rather than just allow any age to apply then if they are young, HAs can get together and discuss, rather than make the applicant wait around for permission, would be same thing just dealt with when the app is up. and remove unnecessary steps that just waste time.

:)

15 hours ago, Bolt said:

How did the immature members get past the application and the interview?

People lie. They can say "Yeah, I'm nice and friendly" Then get staff and abuse their power like morons.

1 hour ago, Korm said:

People lie. They can say "Yeah, I'm nice and friendly" Then get staff and abuse their power like morons.

There is a solution on that, keep an eye on the ones who say they are "an angel" as mothers would say to their two year old. You should watch those players because they would stand out in an application, they'd give themselves a high motto and overexaggerate their abilities, or you could watch any staff member below the age limit for signs of mis-behaving or abuse, something like a "Minge Protection Program" for higher staff members, not saying HA+ but higher staff members.

bolt

-1. Kids these days will do anything to get power and abuse it. No thanks!

Current: Rancor Panda | Honorary Consular

spacer.png
Ex: Delta 38, Kom'rk Skirata x2, Mereel Skirata, A'den Skirata, Omega Squad Fi (XO), Foxtrot MDMK, 327th 1stLT, 501st 1stLT, 212th MAJ, 41st WO, Alpha ARC 22 WO 'Aven', 212th 1stLT Lycanthrope

Now I'm not going to leave feedback on this because I got removed from staff and I am currently 11 (almost 12) because that would be bias , but I will leave an opinion on the matter, well I do have to agree with this post young staff had good work ethic , I do have to disagree with it as well because like everyone has said younger people have bad tempers there have been times were myself have snapped at a mingy member to the point where I have blatantly yelled at them and yea ill admit it is not proud of it , and I have worked on it and worked on it and I failed, not because I did not try but because you cant teach that out of a kid, kids will have mood swings all the time and sure you can lessen it but you cant take it out of a kid enough to where its a reasonable level  and the reason for that is because they are easily offended in my previous experience with games when I was even 9 and still now (altho its lessoned Some) is that they get offended too easaly , there have been times where I play in CSGO and people call me a squeker and more , it has made me want to quit , you cant make a kid not get offended less you can decrease it some but not a lot , now that I have said some bad  lets say some good, now I agree with this post that they can be on way mor ethan an adult with a job (thats pretty much all I have to say), remember I am not leaving a +1 or -1 on this for reasons I have already stated

Edited by Darkk
Edited When Fourm Post Was Made

Current: Just Some Guy
Former: Senior Admin | TRO x2MAJ | Styles | Rys | CG x3 | Thire  | 21st x3 | Guardian Manager | Alpha-98 Nate | Sith Apprentice | Many more battalions  Serra Keto [9 Months] | TGML [9-10 Months] | TGL | Knight 8

19 minutes ago, Darkk said:

Now I'm not going to leave feedback on this because I got removed from staff and I am currently 11 (almost 12) because that would be bias , but I will leave an opinion on the matter, well I do have to agree with this post young staff had good work ethic , I do have to disagree with it as well because like everyone has said younger people have bad tempers there have been times were myself have snapped at a mingy member to the point where I have blatantly yelled at them and yea ill admit it is not proud of it , and I have worked on it and worked on it and I failed, not because I did not try but because you cant teach that out of a kid, kids will have mood swings all the time and sure you can lessen it but you cant take it out of a kid enough to where its a reasonable level  and the reason for that is because they are easily offended in my previous experience with games when I was even 9 and still now (altho its lessoned Some) is that they get offended too easaly , there have been times where I play in CSGO and people call me a squeker and more , it has made me want to quit , you cant make a kid not get offended less you can decrease it some but not a lot , now that I have said some bad  lets say some good, now I agree with this post that they can be on way mor ethan an adult with a job (thats pretty much all I have to say), remember I am not leaving a +1 or -1 on this for reasons I have already stated

This proves younger people can be mature. Darkk has made irrational decisions in the past, but he has learnt from that. He has learnt to sometimes relax and remain calm. And that’s a good life experience/lesson to have. Staff provides a great learning experiencd for younger people and this rule limits that

• Agree 1

+1 TBH age does not matter. You might get less respect for being young, but I have seen plenty of staff who were youngling who have gone far. 

Edited by J.Jefferson
I said younling lmao

Former Positions: 

• 41st XO
  • 41st Green Leader
  • 41st Faie
  • Temple Guard Manager/Cin
  • Overseer
  • Gamemaster

(Yes I know this post rivals my other I will explain it later in the post)(i mean no harm to this community/staff by this post.you have been warned) And from my experience when I was staff there were many older minges than younger ones , (pls no one get mad its just my opinion) I feel like the world is Bias against kids because of kids screaming, yelling, and being immature but that's all they look at they don't look at mature kids and the reason is because People are built off violence and bad attributes have you ever watched the news and thought something was boring but then a murder comes on and you pay attention and think its intresting, well that applies to kids people look at the bad attributes  and just that because that's more noticeable , has someone ever held the door for you and walked in without saying thank you , if you say yes than that may be less noticeable people always freak out over bad stuff, for example take when I just joined the server I was immature and now 4 months later a lot of those bad things I had are gone and some are very low but im constantly being told i need to work on it, people get attracted to bad stuff, bad attributes and they don't look at the good. People have been built off the idea that kids are immature and when a mature kid comes along he is looked over and not noticed, people need to take a step back and look at kids in a different way look at the good and bad. and in my experience putting an age limit on staff something crushes a kids self-confidence , lets say a kid really wants to be staff and they apply only to find out they are not old enough it will make that kid question everything (this has happened to me) from what their purpose is, if they matter, and many more your actually doing more harm than good to that kid, and I was kicked from staff, blacklisted because of my attitude/immaturity, when there are so many good sides to me that they noticed but brushed off, like it did not matter. Also when I was kicked from staff so many people started saying "hey Darkk hows staff" people may think that's good for a kid to learn to brush it off and not worry about people being mean to them but in reality when too many people are saying it they make the kid feel sad and useless and When people Say kids are too snappy They Are Not Wrong. but they also don't look at the good attributes (thank you ike for giving me the confidence I need to post this)

Former: Senior Admin | TRO x2MAJ | Styles | Rys | CG x3 | Thire  | 21st x3 | Guardian Manager | Alpha-98 Nate | Sith Apprentice | Many more battalions  Serra Keto [9 Months] | TGML [9-10 Months] | TGL | Knight 8

8 minutes ago, J.Jefferson said:

+1 TBH age does not matter. You might get less respect for being youngling, but I have seen plenty of staff who were youngling who have gone far. 

Take Freck For Example He Is 13 (last time i remember) and he is already a director

31 minutes ago, meowthemeower said:

-1 it was implemented for a reason and well 14 is a ok age I mean there’s some mature 12 and below people but for real how did you act when you were 12?

tbh I acted more mature when I was 12. Not smarter more mature. This is cause kids don’t want to get in trouble. Like do you remember in pre-school and primary school where you were well behaved and you would look up to the teachers. This isn’t  everyone but most people. Then high school came and puberty hit and I became a little shit towards the teachers. This concept applys everywhere. There’s a difference from being annoying and a little shit of the run, immature. Bad staff. power hungry kid

Edited by IKE
37 minutes ago, meowthemeower said:

-1 it was implemented for a reason and well 14 is a ok age I mean there’s some mature 12 and below people but for real how did you act when you were 12?

I'm 13, so 12 was last year, I did good for myself

bolt

Spoiler

2ndAC Parjai-4 WO BadDog

Former:   Head Admin |TCO Commander Kix Mechanized Regimental Commander Obi Wan Kenobi Battalion Commander Cody | Wolfpack Commander Comet |104th Jedi Master Plo Koon |TRD |GMD | Overseer | 2ndAC Commander Barlex SO Major DU Commander |Waxer Foxtrot Adi Gallia Quinlan Vos Skywalker Consular leader Shadow leader Guardian Leader Gray Jedi Master Commodore Wilhuff  tarkin