501st Ammo Buff switched to a DMG Buff

Quillhan

Name:

501st Battalion Commander Rex/Quill

Suggestion:

Switching the 501st's ammo buff on the DC15a (100 rounds a clip) to the normal 50 round clip, but buffed damage. 

Implementation: 

Increase the damage of the 501st edition of the DC-15a to 50, currently is 35 damage, and keep all the other stats of the weapon normal.

Lore: 

None needed.

Workshop content if applicable:
(If no workshop content, suggest a developer or put "Require Development")

None needed, just need the clip switched back to the normal size and the damage increased.

Edited by Quill
2 minutes ago, Carter said:

BOI DOES NO ONE IN 501st Communicate????? YA GETTING THE BUFF 

My battalion created a strawpoll and asked me to post this. I have no knowledge about anything related to this prior to this post.

What I'm curious about is that if this suggestion is passed it means people are able to change their specialization whenever if they just bring up a suggestion, kind of defeats the purpose considering Specializaitons kind of a unique thing - but getting to change it at will, well, that's where it gets interesting.

• Agree 2

Can we stop with these weapon buffs? Just use the weapons that come with your class. I don't see the point of an 80 dmg Westar or a 50 dmg DC-15a. -1

Edited by J.Jefferson
  • Agree 1

Former Positions: 

• 41st XO
  • 41st Green Leader
  • 41st Faie
  • Temple Guard Manager/Cin
  • Overseer
  • Gamemaster

+1, every battalion has something unique about them. Extra armor, extra move speed, a special gun. Right now 501st have nothing like that. If every other battalion has something, they should also.

spacer.pngspacer.png

-1 since 501st is one of the biggest battalions and when they all get togheter they do alot of dmg already, and if we buff them even more they will be one of the biggest and strongest battalion

Edited by pransar

Current: GM Pighen | Jedi KU Knight Simms

This is not a game breaking change, we previously had this buff and I´m not really sure what happened to it. My battalion voted on a straw poll and asked me to post the buff switch. I really don´t see an issue if 30/30 people in my battalion are not enjoying our current buff, then why can we change it? The lore of the battalion fits the change, the 501st were one of, if not the strongest battalions during the CW. I do agree that people should not be asking for buffs on a weekly basis and the 501st has been asking for a lot recently, but there probably is a reason for that.

Edited by Quill
don´t*
7 minutes ago, Quill said:

This is not a game breaking change, we previously had this buff and I´m not really sure what happened to it. My battalion voted on a straw poll and asked me to post the buff switch. I really don´t see an issue if 30/30 people in my battalion are not enjoying our current buff, then why can we change it? The lore of the battalion fits the change, the 501st were one of, if not the strongest battalions during the CW. I do agree that people should not be asking for buffs on a weekly basis and the 501st has been asking for a lot recently, but there probably is a reason for that.

"the 501st were one of, if not the strongest battalions during the CW.' The point I am making is that no one should have "buff weapons". Just use the weapons that come with your class. Buff weapons unbalance PVP also.  I am fine with the 100 rounds, but not 100 rounds and a 60 damage buff. 

Edited by J.Jefferson
  • Agree 1

Former Positions: 

• 41st XO
  • 41st Green Leader
  • 41st Faie
  • Temple Guard Manager/Cin
  • Overseer
  • Gamemaster

Personal Opinion: You already have the buff that the battalion has chosen (special DC-15A which does more damage)

Tester Opinion: 

Pros: More Damage yeeah!

Cons: Not really a thing you can kinda just ask for to get a new perk because other battalions will complain about their buffs

Overall: -1

Former: Shadow Company BCMD, Grey Jedi Master, and Wrath of the Sith

Ok, again the 501st DC-15a has one buff, which is the 100 round clip. I specifically said that that the clip should be reduced to the normal size. If you are worried about PVP there are ways around a buffed gun, people already have buffed guns and work around that in sims. To my knowledge we did not choose the ammo buff, but I could be wrong.

• Disagree 1

-1 this could lead to a slippery slope argument where if this passes you will see a lot more battalions changing their specialties and use this case specifically as an example. It would be a good idea, but It could lead into a bad alley later on. From my judicial study perspective anything that passes or gets input provides evidence. I think of every suggestion as a court case, if it passes than other groups can use yours a reference as to why theirs should pass. I'm sorry, but its better just to stick with what you got for now until another rule or time arises.

Alright, seemingly it seems most of you don't know this..

But what the 501st chose for their "specialization" was 50 more bullets to their clip size, this is a new BCMD and a new era to the 501st, and they want a fucking change with it.

Overall, it was a terrible fucking specialization in the first place.

They're replacing the 50 bullets wasted with a slight boost in damage, it doesn't hurt anybody... unless you're the one getting shot at.

Now stop bitching about the damn specialization change.

+1

20 minutes ago, Bbstine said:

Alright, seemingly it seems most of you don't know this..

But what the 501st chose for their "specialization" was 50 more bullets to their clip size, this is a new BCMD and a new era to the 501st, and they want a fucking change with it.

Overall, it was a terrible fucking specialization in the first place.

They're replacing the 50 bullets wasted with a slight boost in damage, it doesn't hurt anybody... unless you're the one getting shot at.

Now stop bitching about the damn specialization change.

+1

I wasn't bitching I basically stated that they are an Attack Battalion  they legit do the exact same thing as 212th.   what sense does it make to give 1 attack battalion a damage boost while we just chill fucking up people with 35 dmg      its not the dmg that makes a difference  its the troop behind the rifle     ;)    

If all the members in the battalion dislike the current buff and are asking for a new one, its justifiable to ask for a change.

They are not asking from some absurd thing to make themselves super over powered, 15 extra damage is nothing, and if you guys think that is gonna give them the upper hand in pvp/combat then you need to get better, cause it shouldn't. 

For the people complaining that special things in the future will be able to be switched all the time, I disagree highly with you. If a battalion that had a good buff already tried to change it or make it better, it would get shut down instantly with negative votes, because they wouldn't need change. I honestly believe that 50 more shots is the most ridiculous thing ever and they should have never even gotten such an absurd "specialty" so they rightfully should get it changed to something that actually benefits them.

If you guys actually are so narrow minded to think that this buff will impact you negatively in any way or that the 501st shouldn't be able to make this change then you should delete your forum account, cause its ridiculous how upset some of you are getting over literally 15 damage, for a gun most of them wont even use, cause they will have their class weapon or perma-weapon (when added).

Also nobody is looking to join a battalion cause their Dc15A does more damage than another, so the change wont impact recruiting or how much better one battalion is over the other because skill will ultimately determine that ( and idk what 212th has specialty wise, referring to @CBlake, but if its also extended mag, then you should also get that changed to something useful man.)

Not attacking anyone directly with this (nobody actually delete your forum account or think im serious about that line), just trying to get my point across that it's not a massive deal that they want this changed.

Anyways +1. But if this does not get added @Quill dont sweat it man, its not a huge deal and shouldn't be turned into something to complain about or used in an argument after a PVP to justify losing.

:)

5 minutes ago, Sock Monkey said:

Also nobody is looking to join a battalion cause their Dc15A does more damage than another, so the change wont impact recruiting or how much better one battalion is over the other because skill will ultimately determine that ( and idk what 212th has specialty wise, referring to @CBlake, but if its also extended mag, then you should also get that changed to something useful man.)

what? hello?   I stated none of which you just said   never stated 501st would get the upper hand   simple stated  the buff doesn't make sense    also  15 extra makes a difference  whether you think it does or not.         also  our buff was a 100hp    its  simple and really doesn't make a difference on the field   all I stated was    they don't need a buff in dmg    its pointless      work with ya you have    Christ I see more 501st suggestions then a do any other battalion.  what more do they need? 

Edited by CBlake
error error oh and error
1 hour ago, Sock Monkey said:

If all the members in the battalion dislike the current buff and are asking for a new one, its justifiable to ask for a change.

They are not asking from some absurd thing to make themselves super over powered, 15 extra damage is nothing, and if you guys think that is gonna give them the upper hand in pvp/combat then you need to get better, cause it shouldn't. 

For the people complaining that special things in the future will be able to be switched all the time, I disagree highly with you. If a battalion that had a good buff already tried to change it or make it better, it would get shut down instantly with negative votes, because they wouldn't need change. I honestly believe that 50 more shots is the most ridiculous thing ever and they should have never even gotten such an absurd "specialty" so they rightfully should get it changed to something that actually benefits them.

If you guys actually are so narrow minded to think that this buff will impact you negatively in any way or that the 501st shouldn't be able to make this change then you should delete your forum account, cause its ridiculous how upset some of you are getting over literally 15 damage, for a gun most of them wont even use, cause they will have their class weapon or perma-weapon (when added).

Not attacking anyone directly with this (nobody actually delete your forum account or think im serious about that line), just trying to get my point across that it's not a massive deal that they want this changed.

Anyways +1. But if this does not get added @Quill dont sweat it man, its not a huge deal and shouldn't be turned into something to complain about or used in an argument after a PVP to justify losing.

Thank you Sock, this is pretty much what I was trying to say. Thanks buddy.

just to clarify some information, our buff was changed at some point from 50 damage with 100 shots per mag to just the mag size without us knowing. so when we requested to add the damage back we got shut down. we've brought it up at least twice directly with Joah. Once when we got our reskinned DC15a way back on the extensive venator. another time after our match against the 41st. Both times Joah said he would work on it. Frankly i dont know who decided to change our specialty to increased mag size, but I agree with Sock in that its pretty damn useless compared to what other battalions have (examples being the buffed westar that GM get, extra health for 212th) and therefore its understandable that we would want to change it. anyway, +1
~501st ARCL Major Dax

8 hours ago, CBlake said:

what? hello?   I stated none of which you just said   never stated 501st would get the upper hand   simple stated  the buff doesn't make sense    also  15 extra makes a difference  whether you think it does or not.         also  our buff was a 100hp    its  simple and really doesn't make a difference on the field   all I stated was    they don't need a buff in dmg    its pointless      work with ya you have    Christ I see more 501st suggestions then a do any other battalion.  what more do they need? 

Same, I am seeing more 501st suggestions then any other battalion

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Retired Founder

ʏᴏᴜ ᴊᴜsᴛ ɢᴏᴛ ᴀ ʙᴜғғ ᴛʜɪs ᴍᴏʀɴɪɴɢ. ᴛʜᴇ sᴀᴍᴇ ʙᴜғғ ɪ ʙᴇᴇɴ sᴀʏɪɴɢ ᴡᴀs ᴄᴏᴍɪɴɢ, ɪғ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ᴊᴜsᴛ ʙᴇ ᴘᴀᴛɪᴇɴᴛ. ғᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴏғ ғᴜᴄᴋ, ᴄᴏᴍᴍᴜɴɪᴄᴀᴛᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴇᴀᴄʜ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ.

ᴅᴇɴɪᴇᴅ.

• Agree 1