Return of the 187th Legion

Kobelskis

Name: Kobelskis

Suggestion: Bringing back 187th legion 

Implementation: This may upset a lot of you but for some of you 187th you love and would want it back. We would make a big sacrifice for the 187th. 327th is a dead battalion, I am sorry to say but it's true and if we want 187th back we would need to remove 327th. The Head-Chairman Joah said if we bring back 187th we need to remove a battalion. So I chose 327th. Why because its a dead battalion on the server. I would think this is the best option to bring back the 187th.

Lore: This Legion does not have much lore. It was lead by Jedi Master Mace Windu. The Appearances they had were Star Wars the Clone wars Chapter 1, 2, 12, 13, 23, 24 and 25.

Other. Now this is my Opinion. When you do remove 327th if this happens 187th will maybe be a top battalion in the server with a lot of players. I know most of the old 187th will come back and more from other battalions. This could be good because there is a huge fan base of 187th and Mace Windu more people who come back will see that its added and you may gain more players. 

Why do we want it back: A lot of people had some good memories with the 187th. like me I was in the "Pilot Battalion" on icefuse and it was being removed it upset so many people including me 187th took me in and it was the best feeling I had playing games and it made me want to stay with them. But when you guys took it out I stopped playing on the server and same with others. So if we bring it back the player base would grow. 

Why I choose 327th: I chose that battalion because it was abandoned and is now dying/dead I don't mean to be harsh about it but I feel like that would be the best option to move the 187th in

no harsh feelings.

PURPLE PRIDE WORLD WIDE

Links:

http://starwarsrepublicclonetroopers.wikia.com/wiki/187th_Corps.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/187th_Legion

Edited by Kobelskis
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1
6 minutes ago, ASVO said:

Atleast they were in a movie and the CW show. I currently stand with a -1. I fear that they will get the same Hype that DU got. DU got members and then lost many members because people joined because it was a new battalion etc. 327th is a battalion that has more lore then 187th and isn't dead yet. They still have potential and are just going through a rough batch. Every battalion goes through it.

Edited by Jorrdan

+1 and here's why for one a lot of people said that they would come back to 187th if it got added in so for one it won't be dead 2nd no offense to 327th at all but I personally believe that 327th is at the point of no return right now i'm sorry to say it but i think someone needed to, you can hate me all you want but i think that the 187th battalion would do amazing since of all the people that want it an said that they would come back to it if it ever came back. 

• Agree 3

+1 I know they have minimal lore but 187th was my home. When I lost it it hurt because it meant a lot to me it was the only battalion I took the time and effort to make my way from PVT to CMD. During the final month of 187th, the officers and I took the time to re-vamp and update our docs so most of them are new. Those docs would give us a smooth start because we have stuff to build off of, its not like we will have to start over. I have seen this battalion rise and fall with numbers but I believe its time for its return.

#PurplePrideworldwide

Edited by Banjans
  • Agree 3

spacer.png

187th was my first battalion and was my child. But I have to -1. It has basically no lore and once people figured that out they would lose interest. The battalion kept dying over and over again and honestly I would rather see a different, fresh battalion added in. Like 612th which is another attack battalion. I feel like most people just want 187th back because it was the battalion they were with previously and they grew to like it but it has no reason to exist when other battalion out there are better and more interesting.

• Agree 5

+1. The 187th legion may not be lore friendly. But is cramming a bunch of battalions on a ship lore friendly? Of course not. Not to mention all the Jedi aswell. I feel as long as they role play as clones. And don't fail rp. There should be no reason to worry about ruining someone's immersion. This is a game yes. And if there are some limits as to what can be on the server. But we already have battalions with little lore. And the 18th was the most enjoyable time on the server for myself and others. Please don't just deny because it's lore friendly. If we did that. Half the server would not exist.

• Agree 3

Stop. Here's the problem with the 187th. "We don't have any lore, so we'll just make up some to satisfy this weeks group of recruits. Also let's make a server suggestion every other week because we're not satisfied with what we have, ever." 

It happened on Icefuse, and it happened here.

11 minutes ago, aStonedSparks said:

Stop. Here's the problem with the 187th. "We don't have any lore, so we'll just make up some to satisfy this weeks group of recruits. Also let's make a server suggestion every other week because we're not satisfied with what we have, ever." 

It happened on Icefuse, and it happened here.

I'll be honest. Some times on ice fuse and here. We got desperate because of the fact we have no lore. And I hope If we are added the person who applies takes care of that. But most of the time we were active enough and held our weight

- the fuck 1. If you're just gonna roll up out of nowhere and try get a battalion replaced with one that was already removed previously, just don't. The only time I saw 187th alive and stable with no drama was when @Faoeoa was commanding it. It would also seem pointless as 2ndAC are already paratroopers on the server, the diversity makes zero sense. If you wanna jump out a fucking LAAT screaming "wee", join 212th/2ndAC. 

Also, instead of trying to throw 327th out, H E L P T H E M. Nothing is stopping any one of you from joining them and helping them recruit more to keep a stable state.

Edited by Fours
  • Agree 2
1 minute ago, Fours said:

Also, instead of trying to throw 327th out, H E L P T H E M. Nothing is stopping any one of you from joining them and helping them recruit more. 

I don't think people understand how fucking badass the 327th are. They literally have no emotion except hatred, hatred for Aayla, for their assignments, and for the enemies they fought. The 327th are hands down the most ruthless battalion.

Just now, aStonedSparks said:

I don't think people understand how fucking badass the 327th are. They literally have no emotion except hatred, hatred for Aayla, for their assignments, and for the enemies they fought. The 327th are hands down the most ruthless battalion.

Them and 91st alike. Neyo was one depressed mother fucker until he finally got to execute his jedi, him and Bly alike. 

1 minute ago, aStonedSparks said:

I fucking love you

I could write a paper on 327th's lore

+1 

I have played this very server for around about a year now and i can say, from all the battalions i been apart of the 187th was the friendliest and warmest. its a place where i meet some of the closest friend too on the server and its where i wrote my first battalion document. its the place i meet such great people as esitt, vanhorn, reaper, jirachi and so many more. sure we weren't the most active but look at RM's: they have either no one on or 4 people on. my point is that the 187th was my first home here and there is no other battalion like it

• Agree 1

-1, I loved the 187th I really did they were always some of the best on the ship and I feel like the attack regiment is missing something without them but it's time to let them go, the 187th was tried and failed it was an experiment and a failed one. I'd like to see other battalions we haven't seen before on the server come back perhaps 612th or another clone legion - Acorn/Rex

It's like those sports teams that want an instant win but don't want a long term dynasty.

You cut one player and add a new one hoping this time it works. And season after season you try this.

Then you have a team who instead works to build their players and grow them into a great team.

Either remove a batt to lower the number of battalions which I support.

or work on the current ones. 

1 hour ago, Medic said:

-1 "We want a lore friendly server." 187th literally has 2(?) Paragraphs of lore. 

Also, we need to focus on fixing the current lore friendly battalions before we add some bullshit non-lore battalion.

187th is straight fandom.

its not entirely fandom. it has actual lore on wookiepedia and has more lore than RM but im still not defending it.

There are plenty of other actual battalions to add but tbh, don't jump the gun and suggest removing 327th because they are trying to come back and fix themselves.

-1 listen, you guys have made this suggestion numerous times but at some point you have to move on. It's not getting added back in and the more and more you suggest it the worst taste people are going to get for it. I understand it was a lot of people's first battalions but people have to move on.

187th wasn't a real battalion. Mace Windu wasn't a 187th Jedi General, he was Lightning Squad. Ponds wasn't Commander for 187th, he was Commander of Lightning Squad. 187th was never in the Clone Wars TV show. The clone on Mace's Venator was 91st, not 187th.

187th is only popular because they're purple and Zuthar made a video about "purple team."

Opinion: I love 187th was my first battalion, but having it back could be weird.

My statement as a Tester:

Pros:

Having in a battalion with little canon lore could be nice as far as flexibility on what it can do and such

Gives people more option.

Cons:

Battalions are already having issues with numbers, I feel as if this wouldn't help in the slightest.

It is not canon what so ever.

Final vote: Neutral, I feel as if actually adding it in would do no good for the server, Only give another battalion to try and fill.

21 minutes ago, Nyon said:

Opinion: I love 187th was my first battalion, but having it back could be weird.

Pros:

Having in a battalion with little canon lore could be nice as far as flexibility on what it can do and such

Gives people more option.

Cons:

Battalions are already having issues with numbers, I feel as if this wouldn't help in the slightest.

It is not canon what so ever.

Final vote: Neutral, I feel as if actually adding it in would do no good for the server, Only give another battalion to try and fill.

I'm gonna do what Nyon did because it seems fit :)  

Opinion: 212th and 187th  always butted heads no matter what. but none the less i actually enjoyed having them around 

Pros: 

Another battalion for new comers and old members to join  
It could as @Nyon said flexibility 

Cons:

The battalion couldn't keep itself together when it was on the server, thus the reason for its removal.  
You say "people would come back" Yea, The ones that prolly were unassigned when it was removed    guess what   it wasn't enough to keep it on the server, what makes you think it would do anything now? 
Lore Friendly is what any CWRP server should work towards. and when  you throw a battalion that has pretty much  NO lore. you begin to break that cycle.  and before you bash me bc GC has "unlore friendly models"  you are correct however, Ghost Company has a good bit of lore.  
lastly 
You are trying to take a battalion away that has struggled and came for help.  be a man and HELP THEM    also  We don't need another battalion right now.  

Final vote: -1  the cons just out way the pros    I get it  #purplepride  Wave it high Idc  but  I do not see it ever coming back 

Final thoughts and comments:  Help out battalions that need it rather then trying to revive a already dead and gone battalion. We have many battalions on the server that could use help  such as 327th (no offense 327 I'm js)  Start there.   

Thanks for your time 
~212th Head Commander Longshot / CBlake 

• Agree 1
  • Retired Founder

ᴡᴇ ᴛᴏʟᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴜsᴇʀ ᴡʜᴏᴍ ᴘᴏsᴛᴇᴅ ᴛʜɪs ʜᴇ ᴡᴀs ᴡᴇʟᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ ʜᴀᴠᴇ 187ᴛʜ ʙʀᴏᴜɢʜᴛ ʙᴀᴄᴋ ɪғ ʜᴇ ʀᴇᴘʟᴀᴄᴇᴅ ᴀɴᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ʙᴀᴛᴛᴀʟɪᴏɴ, ᴀs ɪᴛ ʟᴏᴏᴋs, ɴᴏ ᴏɴᴇ ɪs ɪɴᴛᴇʀᴇsᴛᴇᴅ ɪɴ ʀᴇᴘʟᴀᴄᴇ ᴛʜᴇ 327ᴛʜ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ 187ᴛʜ. ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ɪs ᴛᴏᴏ ᴍᴜᴄʜ ɴᴇɢᴀᴛɪᴠᴇ ғᴇᴇᴅʙᴀᴄᴋ.

sᴏʀʀʏ,
ᴅᴇɴɪᴇᴅ.