More music discs

Madara

Name: Madara

RP Rank: CPT Crosshair, Knight madara

Suggestion: Add more music like these in disc form so GM's can add different moods and have a larger variety of atmospheres to work with in their events, despite our current music selection being decent already I believe these soundtracks or at least some of these would make events have a different feeling while participating in them. I believe not only the GM and players enjoy this for events only but some would also be great for promo's and other ongoing on the server.

Implementation: Adding these songs onto the server in music disc form

Lore: n/a

Workshop content if applicable: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1743634419&searchtext=halo+music
(If no workshop content, suggest a developer or put "Require Development")

Edited by Madara
Found an already made pack
  • Optimistic 1

spacer.png
Wosy was here

Use the TVs? The impact is minimal. It seems more like a Halo Music suggestion in which case id just say use the entity on server

Longest Special Operations Member on the server.
 Current: Jedi Chief Instructor l Alpha 98 Nate
Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman l High General Shaak Ti
929b4e909812caa69dc35d62f2db974e.gif?ex=

• Management
7 minutes ago, Mystic said:

Use the TVs? The impact is minimal. It seems more like a Halo Music suggestion in which case id just say use the entity on server

2 minutes ago, Madara said:

TV's are broken and most likely never going to be fixed

To clarify as well media players being broken isn't something on our end.

• Agree 2

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

+1 sounds good I like music

• Agree 1

Former: Senator Gume Saam, Ghost Company Wyler, 2ndAC Goji, 104th SGM, Tactical Droid 4268, TR DU Shadow Jedi, Senior Admin

Current: Oddball, SUPL, 501st Jedi Shadow, Veteran Admin, and Best-Looking Guy On Server

spacer.png           

Warthog                               Hawk                                Oddball

Head Admin

How come no Star Wars music suggested and only Halo? 

Thoughts on this?

• Agree 1

Kaiser        Zeros        Clutch

spacer.png

19 hours ago, KaiserNeiner said:

How come no Star Wars music suggested and only Halo? 

Well one i think the music from halo just gives different vibes and ambiance that music from starwars just doesn't give as well, and two the workshop content i found is just perfect for whats in it and that its already all together with 34 diffrent songs. plus halo music is fire

spacer.png
Wosy was here

• Director
Director

Here you have 2 more songs

+1, music fun

Current: Nothin :)
Former: Shadow Company Enlisted | RANCOR Captain Kase | RANCOR Alpha-22 "Aven" | RANCOR Alpha-26 "Maze" | RC-1140 "Fixer" 212th Ghost Company Trapper, Gearshift, Threepwood | First Rav Bralor
spacer.png

I'd prefer more Star Wars music. It isn't difficult to make these musics discs, so we shouldn't settle for Halo stuff just because it exists already on the workshop.

On 10/1/2023 at 6:41 AM, Marvel said:

To clarify as well media players being broken isn't something on our end.

After speaking with Marvel and Xaze, I believe the media player just needs to be updated, then it should work again. Since the media player (at least to me, I was given no guarantee) seems like it should work again, I am -1ing this, since the time to add these in is comparable to that of fixing the media player (which is honestly a better solution that adding a bunch of server content with the discs, and gives people more control over what they have to hear during events).

If for some reason the media player cannot be fixed to work on the server, then count this as a +1 even though Halo music only really "fits" for events; debriefs should use Star Wars music.

Edited by Keegan
Trying not to put words in anyone's mouth

Current: Nothing

Former Vice Chairman Mas Amedda | Former Senior Senator Meena TillsFormer 41st BCMD Gree (Shrimp) | Former 501st Major Kix  | Former Senior Admin

Head Admin
Just now, Keegan said:

I'd prefer more Star Wars music. It isn't difficult to make these musics discs, so we shouldn't settle for Halo stuff just because it exists already on the workshop.

After speaking with Marvel and Xaze, I believe the media player just needs to be updated, then it should work again. Since the media player (at least to me!) seems like it should work again, I am -1ing this, since the time to add these in is comparable to that of fixing the media player (which is honestly a better solution that adding a bunch of server content with the discs, and gives people more control over what they have to hear during events).

If for some reason the media player cannot be fixed to work on the server, then count this as a +1 even though Halo music only really "fits" for events; debriefs should use Star Wars music.

Yo the media player is back! Big W 

Edited by KaiserNeiner
typo
  • Optimistic 1

Kaiser        Zeros        Clutch

spacer.png

• 5 months later...
  • Founder
Founder

Unfortunately, this suggestion has been DENIED.

If the same suggestion is submitted again within 60 DAYS of this post it will be automatically denied.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO [CW] SERVER SUGGESTIONS - DENIED

Denial reasons:
(These are some reasons that your suggestion might get denied for.)

• Not providing sufficient information.
    • Ex: Just linking the workshop and not giving us the actual model path you want to use.
  • The addon's size is way too big compared to its content(s).
    • Ex: 35mb for one model.
  • Lack of feedback.
    • Ex: Post has been up for 3 weeks and only received 1-10 votes.
  • Majority negative feedback.
  • Bad optimization and/or causes bad performance on the server.
  • Having multiple suggestions within one thread.
  • Bothering leadership/development team regarding a suggestion.
  • Suggesting a previously denied suggestion within 60 days of denial.