The Reintroduction of Roll Bonuses!

• Management

After much deliberation, multiple CMD+ votes/discussions, and a lot of cooking, High Command have decided to reimplement
Roll Bonuses back into the server!

FieldMedic-Conv.webp

What is a Roll Bonus?

Roll Bonuses are a buff to an extent to certain player's /me actions. So for example let's say you are a Medical Trooper (The job not just anyone with the training) and you were doing a MED based action that required a roll. You would be able to add a bonus to the number you roll to increase your number and overall feel hopefully more proficient at the job you trained so hard for!

Who do these Roll Bonuses apply to and how much do they get?

Below I will list all groups and trainings/actions that will receive a roll bonus and how much that bonus will be:

MED:

Naval Medics +15

MEDL/MEDOs +10

Medic Jobs +5

ENG:

Naval Engineers +15

SUPL/SUPOs +10

Support Jobs +5

TECH:

Special Operations +15

21st+10

SOBDE TECHs +5

EOD:

332nd Company +15

501st +10

SOBDE EODs +5

Interrogation:

SOBDE +15

Alpha ARCs +10

CG +5

Boarding:

2ndAC +15

212th +10

Null ARCs +5

Alien Translation:

Green Company +15

41st +10

Bad Batch Tech +5

Force Rolls:

Master +15

Knight +10

Padawan +5

The far left column shows each training that receives a bonus and everything to the right of them in the same row is what jobs get said bonuses and how much they get to add to their rolls.

So for example Naval Medics get +15 to all MED related rolls, Battalion MEDL/MEDOs get +10, and anyone on a Medic Job gets +5. None of these bonuses apply to people that simply have the training you must be on the job to apply the bonus.

The Idea Behind Roll Bonuses

For anyone curious to the purpose of this system the goal is to make specific groups feel like they are actually proficient at their specific jobs. As it stands anyone can get MED trained and be on par with actual Medical personnel in the Medbay when it comes to carrying out MED related actions. With this system now actual Medical personnel will have an upper hand and will hopefully start to feel like they are more useful in their specific field of expertise. 

Feel free to post any questions or concerns in the comments below or message me directly. As always everything is subject to change and this system could definitely have some changes in the future if we ever see the need to add, remove, or edit anything in it.

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

I am wondering if there is a way to give unique roll bonuses to Bounty Hunters/CItizens. This system is a huge buff to the Republic and what they can do, but leaves Hunters with nothing and mostly affecting us with the Interrogation roll bonus. 

Some ideas are Medic just gets the Medic bonus like clones. Spy gets a deception bonus to combat basepass rolls and interrogation rolls. Heavy could get a bonus against being stripped/bound. I can't really think of anything else so if anyone else has ideas please drop them. I just think this negatively affects hunters, and that we can find a unique way to bring this benefit to the civilian faction as well.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

🌓🌙

How is the interrogation bonus fair? In most cases if you are on a citizen whitelist and getting interrogated there is more then 1 person interrogating you at a time. They already have a extra chance through rp making it unfair through /me helps interrogate or something on the lines of that. Is there anyway to even this out and make it more fair for citizens?

• Agree 1
  • Management
18 minutes ago, Hanz said:

I am wondering if there is a way to give unique roll bonuses to Bounty Hunters/CItizens. This system is a huge buff to the Republic and what they can do, but leaves Hunters with nothing and mostly affecting us with the Interrogation roll bonus. 

Some ideas are Medic just gets the Medic bonus like clones. Spy gets a deception bonus to combat basepass rolls and interrogation rolls. Heavy could get a bonus against being stripped/bound. I can't really think of anything else so if anyone else has ideas please drop them. I just think this negatively affects hunters, and that we can find a unique way to bring this benefit to the civilian faction as well.

For now the goal is to keep it simple. Mainly just highlights trainings and proficiencies where people should 100% be able to be more efficient at.

Guild Medic and Guild Slicer (Slicer got removed thats actually an L decision so I guess Guild Spy since they have the fusion cutter) can recieve the MED/SUP job roll bonuses since those fall under the category that was listed.

Outside of IR I don't really see this effecting BH. I'm open to look into some of those suggestions in the future but for the time being we want to keep it simple and not too convoluted as to not cause mass confusion. 

• Friendly 1

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

• Management
6 minutes ago, Mor said:

How is the interrogation bonus fair? In most cases if you are on a citizen whitelist and getting interrogated there is more then 1 person interrogating you at a time. They already have a extra chance through rp making it unfair through /me helps interrogate or something on the lines of that. Is there anyway to even this out and make it more fair for citizens?

Well to be completely blunt every civilian/BH I've ever interrogated/seen be interrogated acts like they're Dwayne Johnson and have no pain tolerance at all and just don't abide by FearRP for the most part. If you are getting interrogated by Special Forces and they are doing some fuck shit to you then yeah, it's not gonna be fair. 

This 100% makes sense even from a gameplay perspective because IR is SOBDE's special thing that they get so yeah they are going to be more effective at it.

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

• Management
Just now, Nokia said:

im pretty sure med bonus never left

Roll Bonuses were completely removed a while back but there was a lot of miscommunication and misinformation. I believe the MED doc was never updated to accommodate the bonus being removed so some people were under the impression that it was never removed but it was... Hoping that everything get's communicated properly with the new system and there's no misinformation moving forward though!

• Informative 1

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

Banned
23 minutes ago, Hanz said:

nah there ain't 

• Funny 1
  • Bruh 1

r4ymo.gif

1 hour ago, Marvel said:

Roll Bonuses were completely removed a while back but there was a lot of miscommunication and misinformation. I believe the MED doc was never updated to accommodate the bonus being removed so some people were under the impression that it was never removed but it was... Hoping that everything get's communicated properly with the new system and there's no misinformation moving forward though!

literally everyone i talked to thought they were still there

Edited by Nokia
Forum Admin

Tech should be an exception and be +20 or something. 

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

• Management
6 minutes ago, Guac said:

Tech should be an exception and be +20 or something. 

Don't wanna step on 41st toes. They barely get to do AT as it is and I don't want one guy to cuck them with main character syndrome if that makes sense

• Optimistic 1

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

On 4/17/2023 at 10:15 PM, Marvel said:

After much deliberation, multiple CMD+ votes/discussions, and a lot of cooking, High Command have decided to reimplement
Roll Bonuses back into the server!

FieldMedic-Conv.webp

What is a Roll Bonus?

Roll Bonuses are a buff to an extent to certain player's /me actions. So for example let's say you are a Medical Trooper (The job not just anyone with the training) and you were doing a MED based action that required a roll. You would be able to add a bonus to the number you roll to increase your number and overall feel hopefully more proficient at the job you trained so hard for!

Who do these Roll Bonuses apply to and how much do they get?

Below I will list all groups and trainings/actions that will receive a roll bonus and how much that bonus will be:

MED:

Naval Medics +15

MEDL/MEDOs +10

Medic Jobs +5

ENG:

Naval Engineers +15

SUPL/SUPOs +10

Support Jobs +5

TECH:

Special Operations +15

21st+10

SOBDE TECHs +5

EOD:

Torrent Company +15

501st +10

SOBDE EODs +5

Interrogation:

SOBDE +15

Alpha ARCs +10

CG +5

Boarding:

2ndAC +15

212th +10

Null ARCs +5

Alien Translation:

Green Company +15

41st +10

Bad Batch Tech +5

Force Rolls:

Master +15

Knight +10

Padawan +5

The far left column shows each training that receives a bonus and everything to the right of them in the same row is what jobs get said bonuses and how much they get to add to their rolls.

So for example Naval Medics get +15 to all MED related rolls, Battalion MEDL/MEDOs get +10, and anyone on a Medic Job gets +5. None of these bonuses apply to people that simply have the training you must be on the job to apply the bonus.

The Idea Behind Roll Bonuses

For anyone curious to the purpose of this system the goal is to make specific groups feel like they are actually proficient at their specific jobs. As it stands anyone can get MED trained and be on par with actual Medical personnel in the Medbay when it comes to carrying out MED related actions. With this system now actual Medical personnel will have an upper hand and will hopefully start to feel like they are more useful in their specific field of expertise. 

Feel free to post any questions or concerns in the comments below or message me directly. As always everything is subject to change and this system could definitely have some changes in the future if we ever see the need to add, remove, or edit anything in it.

Sir you forgot to add Heavy Ordinance roll buff for EOD.

• Disagree 1
  • Informative 1
  • 2 months later...

I think HVY/HVO should get some bonuses perhaps related to EOD. AS a heavy I get tasked with moving the line and blowing up things, a lot. And as it stands there appears to be pretty much no bonus for these classes decentivizing them simply to their weapons loadouts, which while robust, makes them seem less RP driven. If we want to drive RP across the board then perhaps we need to incentivize it more across all professions.