New Star Wars Content Opinions

There’s a metric shitload of new Star Wars content coming in the next year/years. Curious as to what people think about it and general opinions. Bad Batch S2, Andor, Mando, Ashoka, Kenobi, Boba, Lego Star Wars, etc.

- Is Disney putting out too much and trying too hard? 
- Is the new content good or bad in your opinion?

- What/who would you like to see made into a new Star Wars show/game/movie?

I used to play this server for too many hours at a time.

Banned

Disney knows their market and how easily hyped they are for new content at this moment in time, and are trying to capitilize on it. However, its welcome by all means.
The new shows have been hit or miss, without going into too much. Some of them try a little too hard, or otherwise have hit/miss characters, but it's 100% improving over time.

In terms of future releases, I feel Andor is going to hit that very dark side of star wars that I personally love, and I can't wait to see how it turns out. Otherwise, mando and bad batch will keep up their reliable pattern by the looks of it, and kenboi is very promising just by the first two episodes.

All in all, these new shows will always bring new lore, regardless of how shit their story may be, and that's what I'm down for the most

• Winner 1
  • Informative 1

To me it feels like Disney is trying to please all audiences since Star Wars is so huge. There's so many different sides, factions, and timeframes, leading to a lot of possibilities. The way they do it right now, they aren't putting too much care into one show, and spreading it out among a lot of different ones. While this isn't the best for some die hard fans, I like that they're making all kinds of Star Wars fans happy (and optimizing profits). I don't see it as "tryharding" at all personally, but I can see where you're coming from.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

GMD HA / Guild LT / Dev. Assistant Mavelle 
unknown-8.png

I think so far they've been alright. Boba Fett was a miss imo whereas Obi Wan and Mando were pretty good (Kenobi so far). Hopefully Bad Batch keeps that Clone Wars - A New Hope connection up. There is so much potential. But so far i agree with what Jayarr said.  They know their market, the shows have been very well recieved with few misses.

Longest Special Operations Member on the server.
 Current: Jedi Chief Instructor l Alpha 98 Nate
Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman l High General Shaak Ti
929b4e909812caa69dc35d62f2db974e.gif?ex=

Star Wars seriously needs to branch out from it's old characters and make new ones. It's way too reliant on nostalgia and that's been very evident in the more recent content.

• Agree 2

The Reprehensible Ratio!

#RemoveJedi

#RenameRancorToARC

1 hour ago, Ratio said:

Star Wars seriously needs to branch out from it's old characters and make new ones. It's way too reliant on nostalgia and that's been very evident in the more recent content.

Yeah but I’d say that some of the “new” characters are kind of lame and most of the time forgettable. All for new characters but I feel like there are so many existing characters you can focus a show/movie on and tell a new story. For example, how cool would a Yularen show be from the fall of the republic or the rise of the empire? 

47 minutes ago, Whataburger said:

More games imo

Love Fallen Order but oh my fucking god where are games like KOTOR, Republic Commando. That Star Wars Eclipse game is going to come out in like 2028 or some shit

I used to play this server for too many hours at a time.

1 minute ago, TheCyan said:

Yeah but I’d say that some of the “new” characters are kind of lame and most of the time forgettable.

I've seen this a few times and I'll always maintain the stance that it's no excuse to give up on making new faces to be honest. It's becoming about the marketing value of old characters instead of telling new stories. People forget that Mando is a (relatively) new character and while he is a good one, I'd still rather see them continue to create because he's proof that they can do it.

• Winner 1

The Reprehensible Ratio!

#RemoveJedi

#RenameRancorToARC

59 minutes ago, TheCyan said:

Yeah but I’d say that some of the “new” characters are kind of lame and most of the time forgettable.

I will say almost all characters in the sequels where kinda lame, except for fucking kylo ren. Kinda the best character in the entire sequel trilogy.

• Agree 2

spacer.pngspacer.png

I would like a star wars series where I don't see a stormtrooper, clone trooper, tie fighter, x-wing, etc. If you're going to use already established stories/characters, use the Old Republic!!!!!!!!!!!

• Winner 1

spacer.png

Former: Rancor PVT | Special Operations SGM | Jedi Astromech | Guardian | B2 Battle Droid

1 hour ago, Ratio said:

I've seen this a few times and I'll always maintain the stance that it's no excuse to give up on making new faces to be honest. It's becoming about the marketing value of old characters instead of telling new stories. People forget that Mando is a (relatively) new character and while he is a good one, I'd still rather see them continue to create because he's proof that they can do it.

I agree with you 100% but at the end of the day Disney is running a business. New characters can be a big gamble. They can't always take this risk. Sometimes they get lucky with stuff like the mandalorian but do you remember how hard peopled soyed out when they saw ahsoka or boba fett. I'll admit I kinda did too, cause its cool.

Nostalgia and already established characters are just to easy a money maker. Business wise I think Disney sees more value in old characters because they just consistently make the big money 

The most fuckable person on Synergy Star Wars RP~

It's all fuckin' awesome, because it's star wars! I love the universe and characters so god damn much that I will eat up anything they give me like a greedy little fucking hamster. There is no part of the universe that I would not LOVE seeing more of. It's all so fuckin cool!

Seeing the disney shows is like watching all of my dreams come true, all the set design, music, costumes, stories, characters are just so COOL

I am perfectly happy to be a little bit blissfully ignorant because god damn does this franchise make me happy! I don't see a need to stop that!

• Agree 1
  • Optimistic 1
  • Dumb 1

Was I a good Ahsoka Tano? Call 1-800-HOWSMYRP!

ff337e5ae083ae69e64e66c76a2ed4e4f9d4760c

17 hours ago, Whataburger said:
17 hours ago, TheCyan said:

how cool would a Yularen show be from the fall of the republic or the rise of the empire? 

@Tec ???

Yularen actually has some pretty cool lore. These could be great concepts.

Future Dev Team Assistant
Current:
CT PVT Alpha-14 Tec :sittingred:
Former: Fleet Admiral Wullf Yularen, Navy Clone Rear Admiral Tec, Chief of Engineering x2, Jedi Knight Etain Tur-Mukan, Null 7 LT Mereel , 104th Command Sergeant Major Command Sergeant Major, Intel Director of the 104th, Republic Navy, Coruscant Guard, 41st, and 501st, Admin, GM for a Week