Witcher gates on main

Name: Brian Limmond

RP Rank: SPC

Suggestion: Add witcher gates to the main server

Implementation: Now that they have been changed on the event server to not allow props to go through them, a lot of the potential lag is no longer an issue and they are much more viable to be used on main for events, they would make for a much smoother process when it comes to things like boardable ships that have interiors separate from their exteriors, so players can just walk through the portal to them without having to each be TPed individually.

Lore: Portal 2

Why tf cant you upload images to forums this shit dumb asf

• Management
Management

They used to be on main. I imagine they were taken off for a reason but if they can be brought back with no issues then +1

• Informative 1

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

These where removed from main due to the fact that they could be used to fairly easily crash the server. Since we have the mindset that we want to make the main server as stable as possible and leave other more risky/lag inducing things to event server(see media players) i think it would be best to keep these off main to remove the potential crashing that could come from them.

• Agree 1

spacer.pngspacer.png

46 minutes ago, Conrad said:

These where removed from main due to the fact that they could be used to fairly easily crash the server. Since we have the mindset that we want to make the main server as stable as possible and leave other more risky/lag inducing things to event server(see media players) i think it would be best to keep these off main to remove the potential crashing that could come from them.

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but the reason they would crash the server was because props would go through them. As Brian Limmond stated the props no longer go through them because he made a previous suggestion to have that removed. So wouldn't this no longer be an issue?

• Agree 1

🌓🌙

I edited them to stop allowing props and suchs to go thru them however witcher gates are still bad for preformance, I would agree with conrad there is a reason a lot of laggy stuff is in the event server because that server is just solely to throw events. Main is for events and eveything else like trainings etc...

Fhat -1

• Informative 1

:FeelsDankMan: :DERPPERS:<--- You reading this

Forum Admin

I was waiting for maxwells response lol

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

14 minutes ago, Maxwells said:

I edited them to stop allowing props and suchs to go thru them however witcher gates are still bad for preformance, I would agree with conrad there is a reason a lot of laggy stuff is in the event server because that server is just solely to throw events. Main is for events and eveything else like trainings etc...

Fhat -1

So do they have potential to crash the server or bring performance way down significantly or do they just have a general negative contribution to overall performance like basically everything else you can spawn on the server?

Why tf cant you upload images to forums this shit dumb asf

11 minutes ago, Brian-Limmon said:

So do they have potential to crash the server or bring performance way down significantly or do they just have a general negative contribution to overall performance like basically everything else you can spawn on the server?

They are just heavy on the client because of all the particle effects and when you have 80+ players they start creating quite a bit of lag. 

:FeelsDankMan: :DERPPERS:<--- You reading this

As Maxwell said, they lag the fuck out of the server and we have plenty of things to move people around on the server atm. 

What? Were you expecting some colourful thing denoting my past achievements?

Well tough luck, even if I did it would be just 3 things - Bacara, SPEC REG, Old HA.

Once a Marine, Always a Marine... Always forward, never back...

I do remember this being able to very easily crash the server with overuse like Conrad said. However, if this DOESNT crash the server easily anymore or we can limit the amount of portals that can be made by 1 person (say only 2 linked portals) this would be slightly more useful.

• Agree 1

I used to play this server for too many hours at a time.

• Founder
Founder

Unfortunately, this suggestion has been DENIED.

If the same suggestion is submitted again within 60 DAYS of this post it will be automatically denied.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO [CW] SERVER SUGGESTIONS - DENIED

Denial reasons:
(These are some reasons that your suggestion might get denied for.)

• Not providing sufficient information.
    • Ex: Just linking the workshop and not giving us the actual model path you want to use.
  • The addon's size is way too big compared to its content(s).
    • Ex: 35mb for one model.
  • Lack of feedback.
    • Ex: Post has been up for 3 weeks and only received 1-10 votes.
  • Majority negative feedback.
  • Bad optimization and/or causes bad performance on the server.
  • Having multiple suggestions within one thread.
  • Bothering leadership/development team regarding a suggestion.
  • Suggesting a previously denied suggestion within 60 days of denial.