Tracking Beacons

Willyworm1

Name: Willy

RP Rank: Colonel | Master | Mas Amedda

Suggestion: Add tracking beacons to the server to enhance searching for things/people. This one in particular doesn't make it too easy to locate someone, so there will at least be a challange for it.

Implementation: I think it would be cool to add to trackers and ARFs to buff their kit, but i'm open to letting someone else decide.

Lore: https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Homing_beacon

Workshop content if applicable: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2136932354
(If no workshop content, suggest a developer or put "Require Development")

Other: I have decided to list the mechanics of it so people have more insight on this:
- The beacon is placed with left click on objects (not parts of the map, just props), ships, players, and NPCs.
- Once placed, the tracking fob in your hand will light up and blink faster if you are facing the right way (If Maxwells is able to add a beeping sound to it, that would also be very helpful).
- If you die or the item you placed it on despawns, the beacon despawns.
- The user of the tracking fob can put it away without the beacon despawning.
- The user can only place one at a time and if they place a new one, it despawns the old one.
- The user can despawn it from anywhere on the map with right click.

Edited by Willyworm1
add info

spacer.png

Master of the Order Mace Windu (Current) | DU VET Sergeant (Current) | Mas Amedda (Former) | 327th Battalion Commander Bly (Former)

Forum Admin

if this works it looks sick asf, +1

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

+1

Kal Skirata                                                                                                                                                   Bacta                    Marvel                     Brooklyn

bc138de7013cca175b6f156e3713ccb8.png

I beat Jad in a spar first try.

This brings a whole new idea for negotiations making it immersing and fun is one thing I see potential for!
+1

Notably Known as: Regimental Commander, Battalion Commander Doom, Last Foxtrot Lead Gregor, Boss, Sev, Battalion Commander Wolffe, Boost, Comet, Commander Faie, Charger

Currently: Crosshair & Shaak Ti

spacer.png

Is there a way for it to be removed without the object/person it is on being destroyed/dying? Like if two hunters spot one on another hunter, can it be punched to be broken or something?

Former 21st

Formerly known as CastleClone

6 minutes ago, Dyn said:

Is there a way for it to be removed without the object/person it is on being destroyed/dying? Like if two hunters spot one on another hunter, can it be punched to be broken or something?

unsure, I have not tested it in multiplayer, but perhaps a /me + roll + pm the person that placed it if you know who would work. the person it's on could always respawn after it get's rp removed

Edited by Willyworm1

spacer.png

Master of the Order Mace Windu (Current) | DU VET Sergeant (Current) | Mas Amedda (Former) | 327th Battalion Commander Bly (Former)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Founder
Founder

Unfortunately, this suggestion has been DENIED.

If the same suggestion is submitted again within 60 DAYS of this post it will be automatically denied.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO [CW] SERVER SUGGESTIONS - DENIED

Denial reasons:
(These are some reasons that your suggestion might get denied for.)

• Not providing sufficient information.
    • Ex: Just linking the workshop and not giving us the actual model path you want to use.
  • The addon's size is way too big compared to its content(s).
    • Ex: 35mb for one model.
  • Lack of feedback.
    • Ex: Post has been up for 3 weeks and only received 1-10 votes.
  • Majority negative feedback.
  • Bad optimization and/or causes bad performance on the server.
  • Having multiple suggestions within one thread.
  • Bothering leadership/development team regarding a suggestion.
  • Suggesting a previously denied suggestion within 60 days of denial.