Ki-Adi-Mundi | Gadget

RP Rank:

Senior General/Commander | 2nd LT

Steam ID:

STEAM_0:0:89827130

Battalion or squad you are applying for:

21st Nova Corps

Experience

I joined the server on 22nd of February 2018 and joined the Galactic Marines, I took a short hiatus due to school. I worked my way up the brutal promotion requirements we had then. around the Autumn of 2018 I got to WO and managed to energise the 21st NCO corp, at this time 21st was dying/dead depending on your source. I assisted Snad with reviving the batt, I went from WO to CPT after a month. Worked up to Major and then got Colonel shortly after. I worked my ass off as much as I could as a Colonel resulting in me being promoted to XO shortly after. I was the impromptu BCMD when Snad was unavailable and dealt with a lot of the drama and day-to-day shit. after a short time and a bunch of drama, Snad resigned from Bacara and I was encouraged by the entire batt to run (This was also the time I got the nickname "Dadget" due to being batt dad) I applied and got Bacara with relative ease and had a mountain to deal with.

The battalion had very low activity, about 4 maximum a day and almost no officers. I promoted worthy SNCOs to Officers and encouraged training and RP. I was also staff around this time and had gotten to SA and GM. I managed to improve the GM's activity from max of 4 to a minimum of 6-8 at once. A significant improvement. This was not just my doing of course. I then reapplied for a second term and was successful.  My second term wasn't so simple though. I had the lovely task of merging SO and GM into one batt known as the 21st Nova Corp we love today. This was difficult due to SO and GM's difference in attitude and behaviour, mainly fucking elitism and a "spoiled child" attitude.  This took a few months but we managed to merge both batts effectively and now have a very unique battalion due to this. my term mainly was this and I kinda no life'd the server and ended up falling behind with my Uni work and had to focus on that. I did manage to pass my uni course but my mental state was awful. I was going to apply for a third term but I called out due to the previous issues. I then returned later in the year after summer of 2019 and had new people and issues to deal with. I came back to the 21st having surfed a rough wave of summer. Numbers where down and officers were lazy. I helped Matra, Qal and Gene to improve this. We managed to improve a bit by the start of 2020. Shortly into 2020 Matra finally put his hat up and Gene also departed. Qal was the new Bacara and I was commander again. This period was somewhat stagnate but I tried my best to keep the batt active and engaged, mainly by being ever present and engaging with my troopers.

Half way through 2020, I applied for and got SPEC REG after Dennis’ 2 terms. I had to deal with drama, politics and some minor elitism. My first time was crazy and hectic. My second term was significantly more chill but I got a new job at the time and was kind of busy with both. I solved the issues I had and all the batts bar one was good. 21st was suffering from no command and elitism.

I was going to do a second term but voided it so I could assist 21st. I had a meeting with all the 21st to rebuild the batt, it was a very good plan… BUT Directors had other plans and wiped the battalions.

This did not work. (Well it did and didn't)

The wipe angered about half the active players and demoralised the rest. I hung around a work my way up, but those in command were not very accommodating and often not what the 21st stood for. Nothing against Dennis, Maddox, Brooklyn and Mitchel, I appreciated their work. But the honest truth was that the batt structure was not the issue, the lack of leadership/the elitist leadership was. I partially blame myself for this as I was SPEC REG at the time and should have stepped in. But I have reflected, moved on and now have a complete ZERO tolerance for any kind of dickery or elitism in the batt. 

I focused on my Jedi shortly after the purge for a break and had them in 41st. I helped 41st with discipline and managed to achieve the rank of Major and then Master in the batt and Jedi respectively. I then applied for Mundi and have been him since. I helped with the adjustments to the battalion and ensured we were active and disciplined but not elitist. So far we have been growing, slowly. The batt has had a mild slow due to a lack of BCMD and school as most of our players are college students. We did bring back GMACT but I am hesitant on bringing them back again and in what capacity. 

Why should you become a Battalion Commander?:

I am someone who is both passionate and stern, thus I would work well with the position of growth the batt is in. I am someone always willing to help and listen to the members of the batt and those outside, while also being determined and unyielding when given a goal or task. I often think that positive encouragement and transparency is better than secrecy and heavy handedness. People can attest that as RCMD, I was a guide and not a tyrant. Resolving problems and being a voice of reflection and review than “Do this now”. I am not a perfect human and make errors, sometimes I am too soft or too harsh but I have plenty of experience have dealt with almost any situation that has occurred on the server.

Do you understand the lore of your battalion or squad?:

Yes, I will not type it out here as I could talk/type for EVER about it.

Availability:

Currently out of work, but I get on at

2pm to 8pm EST - 7pm to 1am my time - Most days

I do have Monday and Tuesday off, but sometimes it's Sunday and Tuesday. 2 days off a week to prevent burn out.

Estimate of how long you've played on Synergy Roleplay?:

I joined in February 2018 and I have  3705 hours on the server.

Do you have a microphone?:

Perhaps, of course I do.

Where do you want your battalion or squad to be at the end of your term?:

Activity - I would like to have a consistent battalion presence of 6 in the week and 8-10 on the weekends. Obviously the server popularity and population is a factor as growth has basically stopped, but this is my hope. I plan on achieving this via being active myself and encouraging RP patrol and training.

Structure - I want there to be a solid command, officer and NCO system in place to ensure robust decision making and problem solving can occur without a BCMDs presence. Currently the Officers are fine but CMDs are lacking in some regards.

Reputation - I want to ensure 21st has a good relationship and reputation on the server and in the Siege Reg. Ensuring that we host training, patrol and other fun activities with our comrades. I want to wash away the elitist history and ensure the 21st are seen as bastions of RP, not dicks. 

Communication - I want to ensure we have consistent and clear lanes of communication for the batt, so Enlisted and NCOs can get in contact with a WO or Junior Officer to resolve and issue, so that it can be escalated to the correct levels as need be and even an anomalous feedback form for those who are less confident.

Do you understand that if you go inactive that you will be removed from your position?:

Yes.

Do you understand that your position has a three month term limit and you must reapply after three months to maintain your commander rank?:

Yes.

Also, I know this is short but I am someone who prefers to be concise, if you have any question then do not hesitate to ask. 

And yes, I would be stepping down from Mundi and possibly Jedi to focus on the Battalion than has been my home of the server for almost 4 years.

Edited by Gadget
  • Winner 1
  • Friendly 1

What? Were you expecting some colourful thing denoting my past achievements?

Well tough luck, even if I did it would be just 3 things - Bacara, SPEC REG, Old HA.

Once a Marine, Always a Marine... Always forward, never back...

Not going to lie this was unexpected. The app is very concise, so +1. 

Notably Known as: Regimental Commander, Battalion Commander Doom, Last Foxtrot Lead Gregor, Boss, Sev, Battalion Commander Wolffe, Boost, Comet, Commander Faie, Charger

Currently: Crosshair & Shaak Ti

spacer.png

+1, If not me, him, he's massively dedicated to the Battalion that it's basically the only battalion he's been in

Current: Deviant

Former: ITD 21stKU Commander Paladin, TRO | Alpha-66 Captain Muzzle, Wolfpack Commander Warthog/BCMD WolffeParjai SUPO 1stLT Four, Doom's Unit ARFL Commander Cloves, Spec Ops Captain ARFL Paladin, 41stEC HVYL Buzz, TRM, 2x HA

+1 We need a Bacara and I personally think he is a good fit. Having Experience as even RCMD is exactly the kind of BCMD we need. I've been in the Battalion for quite some time now and can testify that this man puts in effort being one of the most active people in the Battalion as Genral Mundi.

+1 Can't say I expected to see this, but not because I don't think you're fit or anything. Contrary while we butt heads often, I think you have been an extremely reliable member of the battalion since before I even joined it. It has long since been clear to me you care about the 21st and want to see it return to a state of glory we had prior which I'm all for allowing you to try. 

Former 21st

Formerly known as CastleClone

+1 Between you, claw, and qal. Yall are the only Bacaras I know and remember doing shit 

• Pay Respect 1
  • Confused 1

Current: Rancor Colt
Past spots: 501st XO, 501st CMD, 501st WO Appo, TC Hardcase, 332nd office, ATK Reg Purge, Keller Unit Vinnie, General Luminara, 41st GCO ARCL Draa, 3rd Crosshair on the Server, Hunter, Sith Marauder  TRO, GMM, VA x3. CIS Tac Droid, Guild Cabinet Member

The person who made a treaty with the sith as a clone 

Congratulations, You have been ACCEPTED for a commander interview!

Please contact a Director to organise your interview.

Failure to do so within 7 DAYS of this post will result in the DENIAL of your application.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO COMMANDER APPLICATIONS - PENDING

First and only Polish Director:pepeSheesh: