Tactical Leaning mod for all Gun Wielders

Maverick

Name: Maverick

RP Rank: not needed

Suggestion: Add in a mod that allows for leaning while using weapons. Make it so they have to use an actual gun but add in arguments to disallow the function while holding a lightsaber/sword/staff in hand.

Implementation: This will undoubtedly require development and testing. 

Lore: No lore is needed, I think anyone could understand that even clones/bounty hunters/ and any individual using guns definitely leaned while using thier weapons. Falls to a common sense standard. 

Workshop content if applicablehttps://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1408509829
(If no workshop content, suggest a developer or put "Require Development")

Side Note for Reasoning: So i think this would be a minor but good addition to the server to add in more fluency to combat situations. Some may think its not really needed or required but i feel like this could change up a few things and make some scenarios more interesting. 

Video: 

I would like to Credit @Frederic for the original idea.

• Agree 2
  • Dumb 1

spacer.png

A concern I have for this is how it might effect the hitboxes of our models. Crouching and jumping messess them up enough as it is, I don't want this to just be a "always keep yourself tilted because you're harder to hit" sort of thing.

• Agree 2

spacer.pngspacer.png

+1 If this doesn't cause too much stress on the server. This would be a very nice addition to the pack.

Alpha-98 "Nate" | Alpha-77 "Fordo" | Commander Colt

spacer.png

3 hours ago, Conrad said:

A concern I have for this is how it might effect the hitboxes of our models. Crouching and jumping messess them up enough as it is, I don't want this to just be a "always keep yourself tilted because you're harder to hit" sort of thing.

-1 This. It's very easy to just miss shots because you have to hit ahead to where their hitbox is when their model isn't caught up along with certain models have more unusual hitboxes (certain droid jobs come to mind). Also fighting NPCs is already pretty simple as it is and with this it'd probably make events extremely difficult to balance so clones don't just power through combat sections. 

Also what Forseen posted above. If it doesn't break and doesn't cause performance issues, I think it could be considered.

Former 21st

Formerly known as CastleClone

Unfortunately, this suggestion has been DENIED.

If the same suggestion is submitted again within 60 DAYS of this post it will be automatically denied.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO [CW] SERVER SUGGESTIONS - DENIED

Denial reasons:
(These are some reasons that your suggestion might get denied for.)

• Not providing sufficient information.
    Ex: Just linking the workshop and not giving us the actual model path you want to use.
  • The addon's size is way too big compared to its content(s).
    Ex: 35MB for one model.
  • Majority negative feedback.
  • Bad optimization and/or causes bad performance on the server.
  • Having multiple suggestions within one thread.
  • Bothering leadership/development team regarding a suggestion.
  • Suggesting a previously denied suggestion within 60 days of denial.

Me and @SquareAlready tested this, It was buggy and also at this time we are just not in the need of more addons which cause more lag. We are actually trying to remove things so we can have better performance. Also it has not been updated since 2018 which leads me to believe that the original author of this addon probably dropped the project. 

• Informative 1
  • Friendly 1

:FeelsDankMan: :DERPPERS:<--- You reading this