An ARC-170 Change

Cylex

Name: Cylex (In game: Fireball)

RP Rank: SGM

Suggestion: Replacing the current Arc-170 with this new Arc-170

Implementation: Subscribing the server to the workshop item

Lore: https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Aggressive_ReConnaissance-170_starfighter

Workshop content if applicable: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1923148152

Reasons/changes: 
   > WORKING animated landing gear that auto-deploys based on height
   > Few neet skins that could add to role play
   > Speed and maneuverability are about the same (if there are any differences I didn't notice)
   > WEAPONS:

- Forward twin guns were buffed to do ~120 damage per hit (the original did ~80) with a higher fire rate 
      - The blue torpedos that fired from the wing tips was replace with a red rocket fired from the nose with a similar fire rate
      - The tail gun has similar fire rate but damage was doubled (from 100 to 200) [also has similar points where it stops firing because you looked too far a direction as the original]

Personal Note: I wouldn't be surprised if it gets rejected for being OP or unnecessary, but I thought it be cool to have in the sever and at least I'd share it with y'all

Forum Admin

188 MB for just one ARC-170? Sheesh. Unnecessary change. -1.

I added the Pepe emojis onto the forums

Wow I gotta admit that looks amazing from the screenshots.  But when I talk to Square he often brings up the largest lag producers on the server being the Lightsaber system and LFS.  To add something this large on to the server simply for aesthetics is not worth the impact that it will have on the server.  There are already a number of vehicles that are blacklisted from use like the AT-RT and some CIS vehicles.  I think we should focus more on fixing those rather than add this for aesthetic and immersion. 

• Agree 1

People Who Put Their Former Ranks In Their Signature Are Idiots!

spacer.png
Community Liaison - Discord Boo Radley#2719

Feel free to message me if you're having any issues!

+1 I think the size is a little big, but can't we just change the numbers on the current ARC-170? this would incentivise people to use it over other ships for dog fighting because of the damage. I see most people would rather Dog fight with a LAAT than an ARC-170

🌓🌙

+1 looks sexy as hell. Im willing to see what the smart coder people say about whether or not it would cause problems. Im willing to download the addon even if its large if it doesn't impact performance immensely.

Edited by Dono
  • Confused 1

spacer.png

• Retired Founder

Unfortunately, this suggestion has been DENIED.

If the same suggestion is submitted again within 60 DAYS of this post it will be automatically denied.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO [CW] SERVER SUGGESTIONS - DENIED

Denial reasons:
(These are some reasons that your suggestion might get denied for.)

• Not providing sufficient information.
    Ex: Just linking the workshop and not giving us the actual model path you want to use.
  • The addon's size is way too big compared to its content(s).
    Ex: 35MB for one model.
  • Majority negative feedback.
  • Bad optimization and/or causes bad performance on the server.
  • Having multiple suggestions within one thread.
  • Bothering leadership/development team regarding a suggestion.
  • Suggesting a previously denied suggestion within 60 days of denial.