Kachirho Beach

Shockpoint

Name: Shockpoint

Who helped (If applicable): Bud, Craig, Daytona, Matt, Slak, Skitz, Foxey

Event Name: Kachirho Beach

Link to Event Document (optional): The Siege of kashyyyk with a twist at the end
If I forgot a helper, let me know immediately

KrMCdFv.png

Edited by Shockpoint

If you use the RC Shotgun you are automatically cringe.

9.5/10 Loved a lot of the mission to be honest.  The dupes were really well made!

To go and switch maps multiple times and re-shape the map with each dupe as quickly as it was.  Having the clones fight through the forest really kind of reminded Fallen Order killing those spider bugs on Kashyyyk. 

The downside at times were, I think the FPS was bugging out due to the extra NPC's & the large amount of props.  

Otherwise, I had a great time!

Edited by Stockings
  • Winner 2

People Who Put Their Former Ranks In Their Signature Are Idiots!

spacer.png
Community Liaison - Discord Boo Radley#2719

Feel free to message me if you're having any issues!

9.5/10 This was a great event, got to do the order 66 part as Gree. The level changing was great and that this was one of the best event I have played.

ICEFUSE: SHOCK XO/BCMD Thorn | 327th XO

SYNERGY: 41ST CMD/ARCL/GCL x3 | Former BCMD Gree

Banned

9.5/10 Very fun event however I feel the half life gunships were a tad much at times. 

Thanks for hosting :)

r4ymo.gif

9/10 Another fucking blast of an event. The map changes worked out pretty seamlessly. The fold on the right beach flank felt like something out of a movie and the fight against the trando's in the second part was really well done. Being a solo squad in the third part made me feel like something out of Halo Reach. The only thing I would say is be careful with the gunship spawns cause they have completely laser beam accuracy.

• Winner 1

"The day I set my flag down, it'll be over my body or over a nation I believe in."

9/10 I loved this event, I have never had an event this good for about 3 years now. I loved everything about it though the reason why I gave it a 9/10 is because of the mass clone AI spawning, really lagged the shit out of my game.

The guy who was second command of two removed battalions

Now star trek rper

Concept / Building: The concept was cool, had a lot of potential, and the building you did was pretty good. If the rating ended here, it would be a 10/10 but there are a lot of issues I want to touch on.

1. The waiting. The amount of downtime we had for this event was astronomical.  The time it took for us to start briefing after loading in was nearly 30 minutes, after which  we spent another 15-20 minutes being briefed. Then another 15-20 minutes after each map switch. I understand we have to wait for people to load in so I'm not holding that against you.
2. Switching everyone over to 41st whitelists was something I'm not the biggest fan of. You deployed 2 battalions, and told one of them they have to roleplay as the other. I get it for the battle of Kashyyyk it wouldn't make sense for Rancor to be deployed. But when you have people forced onto other jobs they can no longer roleplay as the characters. There was very little roleplay involved in this deployment for us, this did not feel like a 2 battalion deployment but felt like a 41st deployment that we were thrown in for more numbers instead of giving us an actual roleplay reason to be there,.
3.  The first part of the event was not good. The Giant fire breathing fish that spit acid, immediately pulled me out of the event and the rest of the time I couldn't get back into the event after that.
4. After switching maps, the wookie massacre and dead 41st was a pretty good section. but with this part nearly being 2 and a half hours in, it was really annoying that the first real opportunity for RP was this far into the event.

This was the first deployment I was in, where I called it quits half way through because the amount of timed invested and the entertainment returned was simply just not worth it.

I honestly don't know how to rate this, there was a lot of effort put into this but I can't give this a good rating due me not enjoying the event. If I had to grade for effort, I'd put 10/10.

This wasn't one of your good events Shockpoint, but I can tell there was a lot of effort put into it. I just believe that the execution and some ideas was not good.
I don't know what rating to give cause none of them really describe how I feel accurately
The way that 1 is worded is best for how I feel, but I dont think it was that bad in terms of an /10 scale.

3/10 is closest to how I feel.

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

:NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance:

I had to leave shortly after we entered the caves, so my review only reflects up until then. I want to rate this event a 3/10 and I will explain why.

I agree heavily with @Mitchellin that:

1) We waited a very long time. I think we waited upwards of an hour and a half before we set off from the forward base on Kashyyyk. I hopped onto the event server at 8:20 EST and my video recording shows that we do not leave the Republic FOB until ~9:50 EST (that is 90 minutes of briefing for a Garry's mod RP) . Us members of the 41st had gone through 5 separate staging areas, and 4 separate speeches from command before we even set foot in the field. I personally cannot blame anybody from 41st for this because I know they were only following orders, so I blame the game masters/high command equally.

2) Forcing everyone to run a billet different from what they specifically trained for doesn't sit right with me. I'm in the 41st and I didn't like being forced to run as Green Company. I joined the server because there is a wide variety of jobs you can pick from and roleplay as. Why is it that in a main event I am not allowed to run as my specialty, the one thing I spend all week training as? I understand it wouldn't be lore accurate for us to be running as Jet Troopers or Rancor ARC on Kashyyyk, but it's literally what we train for every day. Not allowing us to run what we practice for in a main event sucks all the fun right out of it. If you're going to force us to run a different specialty/unit, let everyone know ahead of time and not during the briefing for the event so we can decide if we want to allocate our time to play for the evening. The only person I can be upset with here is the Regimental Commander for telling us we couldn't play our assigned specialties.

2A) This is an addition to 2. Not only were we forbidden from running our assigned jobs, but we were told we couldn't use specific weapons. Now, this isn't exactly a problem to me. I have not bought any weapons on the website, but if you're one of those people that bought the $90 shotgun from the store, I'm sure you'd be pretty upset if hashed out that much money only to be told prior to a main event that you cannot use the weapon you spent $90 on. 

3) The giant fish shooting acid bombs scenario was meme-worthy, but also unique so I won't bash it.

I've heard from a few members of the 41st that the event went well after I left, and I'm sure that's true. I'm sure the story itself was a solid 7+, but the execution in the beginning is where it failed me. 
My time was mostly spent waiting, so I'll give it a 3/10.

Edited by Jayy
Edited for clarity

Battalion Commander Doom (Former)

I want to address a few criticisms, as some I believe are unfair but there are also genuine faults in which I will concede. 

1). The waiting. It straight up took 30 minutes for you guys to load in, period. The beginning wait was astronomical because I hate starting without someone, having someone join midway through, etc. It was mad annoying for us too, because we on the GM side wanted to get going. As Mitchell said, he wouldn’t count that against me, so I won’t talk about that further. I will genuinely concede that having to walk up to the bridge to get briefed when I could have done it in the barracks could seem pointless to some, which is fair. I merely like to set the stage for the event, by having you explore all there is to explore to further immerse yourself. It did take 10 minutes to get on the ground, which was on me. Once you were on the ground though, I think the waiting criticism is a bit dry. 

2. “

8 hours ago, Mitchell said:

After switching maps, the wookie massacre and dead 41st was a pretty good section. but with this part nearly being 2 and a half hours in, it was really annoying that the first real opportunity for RP was this far into the event.

So, the base part in the beginning once I finished talking wasn’t an RP scenario? There was a lot of effort put into the base and turbo tanks alone, but there was also event job green company that had returned and who were talking to everyone and created role play opportunities. I would say that, and being able to talk to tarfful were adequate in early role play concepts. The base was bustling with activity, and if you want to just sit to yourself, then you ignore the opportunities to get the most out of the event jobs and why they are there.

3. The fish. Now, I get that for some people it may be immersion breaking, but think about the planet you are standing on. It’s Kashyyyk. There are spiders as big as a moose, birds that are bigger than dragons, and sea monsters as big as the ones on Naboo from episode 1. Was it really that far fetched to think that wasn’t something that could exist? I got a lot of comments saying the boss battle (only the second time I used it) was super unique and different, but maybe that’s just me.

Something unique to the complaints I am addressing aswell, is that if you read a book and stop halfway through, is your experience really telling of the full story? (Whether you were forced to get off or otherwise). I get that the waiting times were long, but half of it was out of my hands, as the map switch was necessary to fully continue the story in a unique way. 

Onto the OOC/rules issues.

5 hours ago, Jayy said:

Forcing everyone to run a billet different from what they specifically trained for doesn't sit right with me. I'm in the 41st and I didn't like being forced to run as Green Company. I joined the server because there is a wide variety of jobs you can pick from and roleplay as. Why is it that in a main event I am not allowed to run as my specialty, the one thing I spend all week training as?

So this is something I have a hard time figuring out in my head if this is a valid complaint, or if this is just a nitpick, but as stated by you and Mitchell, it makes no sense for rancor to just, be on Kashyyyk. In taking consideration of this fact, that’s why I job-swapped you, for immersions sake, and because sometimes, people want to play as something different. You in particular are a newer player, but when you stay in a regiment for awhile, or play for as long as I have, changing it up can be good for some. And you said it yourself, there is a wide variety of jobs you can play as, no? Why is green company any different? Take battlefront 2 for example. You play in space battles because the republic is running out of pilots. Sometimes the clones were pressed into unit meshing/merging, something that a few understood during the event and vibed with.

5 hours ago, Jayy said:

If you're going to force us to run a different specialty/unit, let everyone know ahead of time and not during the briefing for the event so we can decide if we want to allocate our time to play for the evening.

Then why not, when you saw you were jobswitching, get off. As much as I want you guys to play in my event and have fun, I can’t force you to be there. We were 30 minutes in, sure, but if you want to spend your time on something different, the event lasted around 4 hours. That’s 3 1/2 you could get back if you just, left. Again, many thought the concept was cool, but idk.

8 hours ago, Mitchell said:

But when you have people forced onto other jobs they can no longer roleplay as the characters. There was very little roleplay involved in this deployment for us, this did not feel like a 2 battalion deployment but felt like a 41st deployment that we were thrown in for more numbers instead of giving us an actual roleplay reason to be there,.

This is true and agreeable to an extent. Rancor just, wasn’t there. However, there were various instances in which you had the opportunity to recon and take notes “for the defense of a later regiment” which really occurred at the end. You guys were on GC yeah, but besides that, It’s not like I took Delta, Omega, and null, and put them on 501st jobs. You guys are both recon battalions. Your job description is still “Recon”, yes? The change couldn’t have been that fundamental and different, as you still are performing the same job in the end. 

5 hours ago, Jayy said:

This is an addition to 2. Not only were we forbidden from running our assigned jobs, but we were told we couldn't use specific weapons. Now, this isn't exactly a problem to me. I have not bought any weapons on the website, but if you're one of those people that bought the $90 shotgun from the store, I'm sure you'd be pretty upset if hashed out that much money only to be told prior to a main event that you cannot use the weapon you spent $90 on. 

So technically, I cannot weapon restrict store weapons. Period. They payed for them? They can use them. What I did say was, however, for the enjoyment of everyone else, I advise you do not use them, as it is nigh impossible to perfect pacing at this point. You either go at the pace I intend in combat, or you shred through NPCs in a matter of seconds. There is a reason these weapons are $90+ dollars in the store. They are broken as hell. But people who had them, understood, and acknowledged that they can always use them on main or a different event, and didn’t use them for the enjoyment of others. 

Wont let me quote Mitch anymore for whatever reason, so ill just do it manually.
"3/10 is closest to how I feel"
Lmfao, now I know we really gotta adjust the rating system like you talked about, because I read up and get why you wanted to leave a 1 because of the descriptors in it. But 3 also goes against what you said, "I honestly don't know how to rate this, there was a lot of effort put into this but I can't give this a good rating due me not enjoying the event. If I had to grade for effort, I'd put 10/10." 
When 3 also includes "only quickly put together for a shootemup"
:)

"This wasn't one of your good events Shockpoint, but I can tell there was a lot of effort put into it. I just believe that the execution and some ideas was not good."

I wouldn't say that. I read up and see multiple people who thought it was a blast, from Rancor and 41st. They stuck it out till the end, and played for the payout, which they got in the ending. I think it was still a great event, there were just aspects you didn't enjoy, and thats perfectly fine. 

All in all gamers, I deployed you so you can have fun, which I failed to do for you, so I’m sorry. But there were a lot of reasons I did what I did, and if I had to make them again, I would make (most) of them the same. Some people liked being on GC, or the fish, or whatnot, so I would have kept them in. But neither of you experienced the climax/ending, so I can see why, from where you guys stopped at, it could be kinda lame. 
Hope next one I do is more your guys’ cup of tea.

Edited by Shockpoint

If you use the RC Shotgun you are automatically cringe.