RDM

Aeon

Name:Aeon

RP Rank:SSG/Petty Officer

Suggestion:Dont AOS For accidental RDM/ARDM

Explanation: Stop AOS'ing people for accidentally RDMing i.e; Misclicks,People trying to put away their weapon but instead it pops a shot off. It seems dumb to get arrested for 15 minutes for something everyone knows is an accident. I Understand that getting shot by another clone ingame is considered "breaking the brotherhood code" which makes this post probably prone to getting dumbs to hell and back but this is something we should at least consider in the slightest also its dumb when everyone knows its an accident even if the person who shot doesnt kill someone they can go get healed and everyone can move on

Implementation: Change AOS to those who actually intend to RDM and be Malcious

Worse thing this post can get is "Denied"

Edited by Weaslo

:pepeL:

Overall I'd say +1 to this as Gmod is wonky and you have to click to put a weapon away so this can cause accidental RDM if you don't do it fast enough. Of course if this went into effect you would need a way of either proving someone shot on purpose or proving they were innocent. otherwise people will shoot others to be a dick and be like "it was an accident"

Edited by awesomekiller

This sounds great and all, but it's actually difficult to tell sometimes when someone "accidently" shoots their guns or "accidently" runs somebody over. With the current rule, all players have the same punishment regardless of intent, which ends up having everything be fair. It sucks, but it's the best possible way to do it. -1.

• Agree 1
  • Winner 1
  • Informative 1

hi.

• Management
Management

This isn't a rule or a rule that needs to be changed. People just need to take the stick out of their asses and stop AOSing people every chance they get. Arrests are dumb because they're all mostly petty.

Talk it out before you AOS someone. Most of the time it's a misunderstanding and there is zero need to cause anymore problems by getting someone arrested.

• Winner 7

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

Forum Admin

Accidental RDM just means you shouldn't get disciplinary action taken against you battalion side of the arrest, actual arrest itself would be valid. 

There would be way too many arguments with this, being a he said she said argument or people making excuses for the arrest etc. In a perfect world this would be great but there's alot of ways to go around this then just making a suggestion to stop aosing people 

• Agree 1

I added the Pepe emojis onto the forums

This seems kinda pointless, trust me when I say that there are just people that don't have the capacity to know the difference between an accidental and intentional RDM.

For example, a day or so ago, I showed off that I have a rocket launcher to a CT and a 21st decided to show his in the bunk hallway as well. I put mine away and started to walk away, i hear an explosion and see two 21st, one CT, and one of my DU dead in the hallway. It was an accident, all parties agreed and we went our separate way.

It really depends on the person or people present during it.

I won't vote on this because It doesn't matter to me whether it gets approved or not, because I judge things situation by situation.

• Agree 1
  • Winner 1

spacer.png

Master of the Order Mace Windu (Current) | DU VET Sergeant (Current) | Mas Amedda (Former) | 327th Battalion Commander Bly (Former)

Forum Admin

-1, although unintentional PROP kills should not be aos'd imo

• Agree 1

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

I've witnessed my fair share of "RDMs" as an officer, BCMD, or HA that I haven't issued an AOS for. I've also witnessed my fair share of other rule breaking that I haven't issued an AOS for. I agree with Marvel, people just need to be less AOS happy and more willing to investigate a situation and talk shit out. I'd say easily 90% of the time someone makes an honest mistake when they violate a rule (accidental click, wasn't aware of the change, etc). 

Forum Admin
8 minutes ago, Weaslo said:

:dumb:

:FeelsWeirdMan:

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

I personally thought a better way to handle RDM is for the person who was killed or damage to be the one with the final decision of AOSing or RAOSing this also allows for people who have a grudge against someone to not AOS just cause they don’t like them (also to not have AOS happy people constantly AOSing to flex their cock and be like I can AOS you) and unless they’re afk and someone is obviously doing it with a malicious intent than that’s a different story but -1

Edited by Piff
  • Agree 1

“I’m not toxic, It’s just hard not to treat you like an idiot” ~ Logic

spacer.png