Incident - 11/02/2020

• Retired Founder

Hello everyone,

For transparency sake, I have decided to share this information.

On 11/02/2020 there was an incident involving some high ranking members of the community, in which Fail Roleplay was committed on server.

A summary of the events were;
Whilst Gears was tabbed out, members of the 501st had put Yoda in a cage.
The cage containing what was called their "pet" was then taken to Tatooine and sold upon the pretence of "not knowing that it was Yoda in the cage".
An RAOS was called on one of the individuals in which was attempted to be falsed by one of the individual's involved.

Due to the standards in which we hold our staff members to as a high staff team, so too did we uphold these standards among the members of High Staff and High Command.

The following staff punishments were dealt as a result;

• Conrad (Director) was suspended for 2 weeks.
  • Gears (Head Admin) was suspended for 1 week.
  • Pythin (Senior Admin) was suspended for 2 weeks.

We hope you see this as we do, as learning experience and a simple out of character action for the individuals involved and should in no way characterise them in a negative light.

• Funny 4
  • Informative 9
  • Management
Management

spacer.png

• Funny 7

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

Forum Admin

We know who brought it IC which was the issue.  but it's over and dealt with. 

• Disagree 1

I added the Pepe emojis onto the forums

13 minutes ago, FatherHanz said:

Why do people bring stuff like this in character, its obv out of character jokes

That's only part of it, the reason why they were punished is because they were High Staff. It's less about the Joke aspect, and more so about what the role of someone who's High Staff is, an Example of people following the rules while enforcing those very rules. They're not banned, and it's not personal, it's just a perk of the Position. High Staff have to be that guy, even if it's at the cost of being one of the guys sometimes. It's not for everyone, it's not for everyone forever, but, it's important to the structure of staff. 

As for people in general, some people prioritize immersion more than others, this server has rules that prioritize them.  To give an example, I play an Astromech a lot, which by Proxy means I don't use my Mic while on the Job. It'd be a lot easier to, but, it'd be jarring for enough people, and to people without the context. That being said, the other day I laughed my ass off at a Gonk Vaccum droid Mic Spamming. 

Context is Important, but, because the people involved held high positions, and by proxy had high standards to them, they got handled accordingly. And, as Transparent as this post is, there's only so much transparency possible. For all we know, they've been warned multiple times, or they're just extremely strict with their inhouse. 

• Agree 5
10 hours ago, Lens said:

That's only part of it, the reason why they were punished is because they were High Staff. It's less about the Joke aspect, and more so about what the role of someone who's High Staff is, an Example of people following the rules while enforcing those very rules. They're not banned, and it's not personal, it's just a perk of the Position. High Staff have to be that guy, even if it's at the cost of being one of the guys sometimes. It's not for everyone, it's not for everyone forever, but, it's important to the structure of staff. 

As for people in general, some people prioritize immersion more than others, this server has rules that prioritize them.  To give an example, I play an Astromech a lot, which by Proxy means I don't use my Mic while on the Job. It'd be a lot easier to, but, it'd be jarring for enough people, and to people without the context. That being said, the other day I laughed my ass off at a Gonk Vaccum droid Mic Spamming. 

Context is Important, but, because the people involved held high positions, and by proxy had high standards to them, they got handled accordingly. And, as Transparent as this post is, there's only so much transparency possible. For all we know, they've been warned multiple times, or they're just extremely strict with their inhouse. 

Totally agree and the punishments are fair, but it feels like people just wanna whine about their immersion all the time and you are correct about warnings, because who knows how many they have.

🌓🌙

On 11/3/2020 at 7:09 PM, Forseen said:

Due to the standards in which we hold our staff members to as a high staff team, so too did we uphold these standards among the members of High Staff and High Command.

Almost what I said too, I agree rules and standards are there for a reason, no one is exempt 

• Friendly 1

Cant say I blame you guys. Ive done the same exact thing back when i was a CMD i punished one of the other CMD and a MAJ quite severly even though all they did was run off during the building of a outreach training and being 4 heads. The other troopers were also punished, but not as harsh to the MAJ and CMD. BECAUSE they held those positions they are positions that others look up to and when there messing around and doing stupid stuff it leads the others to think its ok to do that. It made it even worse because a order 66 event occurred in the middle of it and i forced the entire battalion to stay and keep at it. As i eanted an example made.

So as much as it sucks it just the unfortunate thing about having those postions. Your held to a much higher standard and fuck ups are more severly punished . So i understand still all good guys just did a big dum. 

:FeelsWowMan: