RP Name: TR DU ARCL Fred

RP Rank: CPT

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:560951271

Battalion or squad you are applying for: Doom

Experience: 

Synergy Experience

[Dooms Unit]
Tenure: 1+ month

WO/Captain - I served a full 1 month term as a WO Under Maddox and Stroodle. While I've been in the battalion my number one goal has been to help the battalion out and promote the growth and stability of the battalion whever possible. After my WO term I was Promoted to CPT. During my WO term I worked closly with both the Officer Core & Leading the NCO Core in terms of bettering the battalion.

Regimental Officer / Lead - I became a Regimental Officer because they dealt with monitoring and ensuring our Branch Leads were actively improving and building their Branches. I was exposed to working with the CDR+ of the battalion and with assisting all the branches of Dooms Unit to get to to work together as a team and to support each other.

ARC Lead - ARC is something that everyone knows I hold near and dear to my personal interests. The Moment I became the ARC Lead of DU I was constantly helping Rancor with ARC Trainings, and Going to eARC trainings. I reworked the entire ARC System DU had (Which at the time was abysmal and hardly a system) Built a New ARC Field Manual for DU which contains 31 pages of valuable reference information (Not mandatory to read, but it is full of Lore, Tactics, Formations, Leadership Guidance & more). Developed a Prep Course for our members in DU to get them Interested in becoming ARC. Developed our Pre-Selections Assessment which is required to be passed before acuiring perms to go to Selections, W&T, & Leadership. As well as a Qual Training which is done after they finish their ARC Training so we make sure they Understand what an ARC Position Means, That they understand their New loudout equipment and the best ways to use it. My ARCO & Myself rebuilt and made DU ARC a great branch that represents the best of DU and tries to life up the Other Branches and assist them whenever Possible, setting a powerful Leadership presence within the battalion.

SuperiorServers Experience

[212th Attack Battalion] 4+ months

1st Lieutenant - I was an officer for 4 months in the 212th on their server. I worked closely with NCO's of the battalion and was mistaken for Cody on multiple occasions due to how often I was on, the number of Trainings & Tryouts that I performed, & overall how well the Battalion's reputation improved while I was a WO to 1LT.

Head Field Medic (Medical Lead) - I was the Head Medic and cordinated trainings with the Republic Medics & 212th on their server. There was varying medical trainings and I made sure we had all 3 hosted for our battalion each week, building our battalion relations & as well wrote a portion of the server wide medical doctrine myself which was still in use when I left the server almost a year ago (my document has been in use server wide for almost 4 years)

[Doom’s Unit / 9th Dragon Corps] 4 years

Executive Officer - I was an Executive Officer under Maddox & 5 other commanders after him & assumed the BCMD position during periods of no BCMD and transitioning periods between BCMDs. While I was XO I managed Battalions of varying between 120 to 240 people across 4 years. Throughout my time as the Executive Officer I worked, Trained, & managed over my time 100's of Officers and 1000's of NCOs. I developed an Automated roster for our battalion with a simplistic and quick logging method. It minimized the time Officers where out of game and kept them in game having fun leading and training our NCOs. I took the brunt of the Roster & Discord work upon myself tutoring and mentoring our senior officers on the roster incase it needed to be fixed and I wasn't able to get on. I over saw multiple sub units and ensured they remained active and that they were able to develope themselves and have the freedom to flesh themselves into proper sub units with proper documentation and specific trainings.

Real Life
[US Army] 4 years

Sergeant - Shop NCOIC, I was the S2 NCOIC (S2 is the intelligence shop within a battalion for anyone who wants to know) I managed intelligenced gathers through various means and insured priority information was evaluated and reviewed and used to produce target packets for generals on enemy HVTs. This was a 12-16Hr/7 days a week position.

2x Afghanistan deployments (1 year &  6 months)

Why should you become a Battalion Commander?:

I believe I would be the best candidate for Doom due to my extensive experience, Clear goals set forth, and drive to improve the battalion. Doom’s unit is desperately in need of someone with a proven track record and experience in managing and developing units that actually work and promote self-growth and stability. I know I’m rather new to this server but I have solid experience from another server as well as having Real-life experience under some of the most stressful conditions. Doom’s unit needs to have a BCMD who can motivate and make things happen.

"You're going to come across people in your life who will say all the right words at all the right times. But in the end, it's always their actions you should judge them by. It's actions, not words, that matter." ~ Nicholas Sparks

I’ve never been one to sit around talking, I’m a doer. If I see something that needs to be done I get to it. If I need help I get help. If I see someone who needs help I help them. If I see something who isn’t doing something I try to get them involved and part of the team to improve our group. People want to see a Leader who takes the first step up the stairs and make sure everyone gets to the top before they get off the stairs, in others words a Leader is the first one to clock into work and the last one to clock out & that is something Doom’s Unit needs right now.

I won’t lie to myself or anyone for that matter Doom’s unit is in a rough spot, and we have systems in place that need to be simplified and reworked so people can spend more time playing on the server and less time worrying about forms and updating rosters. This is one of my biggest goals if I was given doom is to make sure DU Members spend less time learning how to do logging and formwork and more time playing on the server by making it all far more simple & intuitive to use. 

Some of the tasks I want to tackle and solve, some of these are very general

1. Battalion Numbers & Activity - This is easier said and done and there is no clear cut path to garnering more members. I will be an Active Doom and provide an active Presence and set the standard that I would want the Members of Doom's Unit to met as well. I will never ask something of someone that I could not do myself.
  2. Rank/Promotion Requirements - These are becoming slightly outdated and I want to get ahead of the curve on this one and have them updated, for specifics I can not say but something obviously reasonable. I'll be listening and taking the advice of my officers on this matter, they're officers they're in their position for a reason.
  3. Rank Permissions - I plan on giving more independant action to the officers and more permissions and responsibilities to our NCOs & Officers. This is to keep our members more engaged and actively able to improve our battalion as a whole by letting Branch Leads more control of their Branches & thus more freedom to improve and make their Branches grow.
  4. Documentation - I personally find a lot of DU documentation lacking in some regards, they don't require reworking but consolidation & addition to them. There are to many docs which makes it hard to keep track for the members & some of them have little informationa nd require additions so taht they can be used as a proper reference document in the situation you have a question you can find it in a document instead of waiting for a DM reply from an officer. 
  5. Logging - DU has a abysmal logging system and it's something that officers and NCOs want simplified to make their lives easier. I want to make it easier on them so they can spend more time active in game rather then afk trying to log something 2-4 times. 

Do you understand the lore of your battalion or squad?:
Yes, Doom's unit was lead by Commander Doom & Jedi Generals Tiplar & Tiplee. They participated in the Battle of Ringo Vinda along side the 501st & Anakin Skywalker. Throughout the battle a Clone Trooper by the name of "Tup" shot Tiplar dead by a malfunctioning inhibitor chip. Doom's unit utilized M3 Blast shield and an arrange of weaponary most notably their Z-6 Rotary Blasters

Availability: Discord Frederic#0104 | In-game Work Days 10pm to 2 am. Off days - all day (minus IRL things like the gym and events) I can dedicate anywhere between 28 to 60 hours a week on focusing to improve Doom's Unit.

Estimate of how long you've played on Synergy Roleplay?: 399+ Hours

Do you have a microphone?: Yes

Where do you want your battalion or squad to be at the end of your term?: I want Doom's Unit to be a stable battalion capable of running on it's own and not being completely reliant on a BCMD.

Do you understand that if you go inactive that you will be removed from your position?: Yes

Do you understand that your position has a three month term limit and you must reapply after three months to maintain your commander rank?: Yes

[Waived by Director Conrad]

Edited by Frederic
Adding the waived at the bottom

Current: Stroodle's Work Slave (DU Intel DIrector) | DU ARCL SFC

Past: BCMD Doom | Senior Admin | Training Officer

+1 only person fit for the position at the current state of the battalion

Edited by Slak

Notably Known as: Regimental Commander, Battalion Commander Doom, Last Foxtrot Lead Gregor, Boss, Sev, Battalion Commander Wolffe, Boost, Comet, Commander Faie, Charger

Currently: Crosshair & Shaak Ti

spacer.png

+1 he is relatively new however he has a lot of past experience, as well as is very eager for the position and is dedicated to the battalion. As an ex-DU CMD, this is the person I would want to be leading DU.

I used to play this server for too many hours at a time.

Just a few questions, how do you plan on fixing DU's activity? Having an active BCMD doesn't ensure that your battalion will reciprocate that.
Also, coming from DU myself, I understand the need for Officers/NCOs to have a sense of responsibility, independence, and accountability. How do you plan on doing that though? Could you give me some examples?

Full-time Server Boomer

g2gsVqh.gif

+1 You've been a great guy and seem to handle situations quiet well, I hope that you get this.
More importantly for me is how the person running for DOOM is to other people. Fred has been a nice guy Diplo probably is too and heck he might be better fit in some ways, but the same can said about Fred if we talked about Diplo. I'm relatively new and only been here for 5 days.

1 minute ago, Xeitrix said:

Just a few questions, how do you plan on fixing DU's activity? Having an active BCMD doesn't ensure that your battalion will reciprocate that.
Also, coming from DU myself, I understand the need for Officers/NCOs to have a sense of responsibility, independence, and accountability. How do you plan on doing that though? Could you give me some examples?

I believe we agree that what I stated needs to be done to help DU, let me see if I can explain a bit more. People are more active and participate in battalions more when they are trusted and encouraged too I think that is something we can agree on. People are willing to give back when you show them trust and respect them in their positions that they've earned. I want the NCOs to have more Permissions as well as more responsibility in mentoriing, training & discipling our enlisted members to keep them engaged and eager to keep coming back onto the server and progressing through our battalion. As well as making more transparancy between CMD+, Officers, & NCOs on what's going on in the battalion, this would let people be more interested in our battalion and let more people help and engage in the battalion due to information flowing better amongst all of our members. I want NCOs and Officers to have a voice in more matters and to have more control in terms of our Banches and the battalion as a whole, so power isn't just sitting up at the top.

The part about an Active BCMD is based on situations where people never see their BCMD and then it causes the issue of if they never see the BCMD they don't think they have to get on because why should you? If the BCMD doesn't care enough to be active why should you? (Excluding LOAs) an Active BCMD knows what goes on in the battalion & is able to respond to situations properly and in a timely manner and able to provide a plan of action that will solve issues that come along as their term goes on.

I can't give a detailed step by step of what we as a battalion would do given my vision because it's going to be a step by step process as a team and it's going to take us all turning the gears to get this machine running properly. I believe I am a person with the drive and motivation needed to motivate and inspire everyone to do the same and improve our battalion. 

• Winner 1
  • Informative 1

Current: Stroodle's Work Slave (DU Intel DIrector) | DU ARCL SFC

Past: BCMD Doom | Senior Admin | Training Officer

Banned

+1 I have worked with him quite a bit and I think he would be the best person for the role out of the choices we have 

3 hours ago, Frederic said:

I believe we agree that what I stated needs to be done to help DU, let me see if I can explain a bit more. People are more active and participate in battalions more when they are trusted and encouraged too I think that is something we can agree on. People are willing to give back when you show them trust and respect them in their positions that they've earned. I want the NCOs to have more Permissions as well as more responsibility in mentoriing, training & discipling our enlisted members to keep them engaged and eager to keep coming back onto the server and progressing through our battalion. As well as making more transparancy between CMD+, Officers, & NCOs on what's going on in the battalion, this would let people be more interested in our battalion and let more people help and engage in the battalion due to information flowing better amongst all of our members. I want NCOs and Officers to have a voice in more matters and to have more control in terms of our Banches and the battalion as a whole, so power isn't just sitting up at the top.

The part about an Active BCMD is based on situations where people never see their BCMD and then it causes the issue of if they never see the BCMD they don't think they have to get on because why should you? If the BCMD doesn't care enough to be active why should you? (Excluding LOAs) an Active BCMD knows what goes on in the battalion & is able to respond to situations properly and in a timely manner and able to provide a plan of action that will solve issues that come along as their term goes on.

I can't give a detailed step by step of what we as a battalion would do given my vision because it's going to be a step by step process as a team and it's going to take us all turning the gears to get this machine running properly. I believe I am a person with the drive and motivation needed to motivate and inspire everyone to do the same and improve our battalion. 

I see, thank you for clearing up some of my questions, I agree with you that DU needs to put more trust and responsibility to their NCO core. One of the main things I never enjoyed was High-Command was never transparent with their troopers, if you can do that, you have my vote.

+1

• Agree 1

Full-time Server Boomer

g2gsVqh.gif

+1 you are the man for the job

• Friendly 1

Current: Kevin Colt leader of the Colt Crime Syndicate | Alpha-69 Dennis 

Former: BCMD Doom x3| Havoc Squad Brimstone x3 | Base Ops CMD | Delta Jedi | BCMD Colt | BCMD Bacara | Specialized Regimental Commander x2 | First Count Dooku and creator of the CIS | Rear Admiral Orson Krennic 

+1 go get em

• Friendly 1

Kal Skirata                                                                                                                                                   Bacta                    Marvel                     Brooklyn

bc138de7013cca175b6f156e3713ccb8.png

I beat Jad in a spar first try.

+1 I know you will do your best as Commander Doom.

Edit: He is probably the best choice for Doom right now, sorry Diplo.

Edited by BlackPink
  1. Current: DU Sentry Knight Tiplar | Ex: Intel Deputy Director and Major in DU.

BIGGEST KPOP FAN OF THE SERVER