Patrol Transport Restrictions

SR_Shaw

Name: Shaw

RP Rank: SFC

Suggestion: I suggest keeping the Patrol Transport restrictions for only Shock and High Command due to the fact it has sirens, police lights, spotlights, and was only used by shock on Coruscant or republic military bases when a CG LAAT wasn't available. It would ruin immersion if every battalion was able to pilot said craft due to its nature as a police craft.

Implementation: Re add the restriction rule to only Shock and High command use while also limiting multi use role for other battalions.

Lore: https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/LAAT/le_gunship

Workshop content if applicable:
(If no workshop content, suggest a developer or put "Require Development")

Edited by SR_Shaw
  • Friendly 2
10 minutes ago, Foxey said:

@Skip Oh no...

I'm gonna -1 this, simply due to the fact that I believe everyone should have access to the vehicle- particularly seeing as Shock don't actually have a pilot regiment with which to oversee the usage of the vehicle.

Um just putting this out there but shock does have a pilot lead and a regiment to oversee the usage.

2 minutes ago, SR_Shaw said:

Um just putting this out there but shock does have a pilot lead and a regiment to oversee the usage.

Ah yes- my bad. Forgot that every battalion gained a squadron in Keldeo's recent update. That being said, I still believe that every battalion should have access. Regulations can be written by High Command, who still oversee all flight-related activities anyways, that restrict the use of sirens and police lights. 

Head Admin

bruh extreme -1, I mean ye sure it has sirens and whatever but it's like why just shock. Let everyone have fun. Just have them get trained specifically for it.

Also, this can be done in the CMD meeting instead of forums. It's more like a rule that can be changed by our directors and RP leaders rather than putting up the suggestion. 

Current: Head Admin | Specialized Regimental Commander

-1 it was put in the server for everyone to use as it causes less lag then LAATs do 

Current: Rancor Colt
Past spots: 501st XO, 501st CMD, 501st WO Appo, TC Hardcase, 332nd office, ATK Reg Purge, Keller Unit Vinnie, General Luminara, 41st GCO ARCL Draa, 3rd Crosshair on the Server, Hunter, Sith Marauder  TRO, GMM, VA x3. CIS Tac Droid, Guild Cabinet Member

The person who made a treaty with the sith as a clone 

Head Admin
1 minute ago, KillJoy said:

-1 it was put in the server for everyone to use as it causes less lag then LAATs do 

Also their use is easier and more fun, ngl

• Agree 1

Current: Head Admin | Specialized Regimental Commander

I am going to +1

For these key reasons. 

1) Its only appearance in lore is on Coruscant, being used by the Coruscant Guard

2)The CG LAAT is busted and last I knew is on the DO NOT SPAWN IN LIST.

3)It has Police Lights and Sirens. 

4) It can only carry 1 Pilot, 1 Gunner/CoPilot, 6 Passengers.... LAAT carrys so much more. To make carry the same number of people would be to double or triple the Number of patrol ships...

5)It has a high vehicle health, and heavy ordinance that is varry powerfull... 

In my opinion it should only be High Command, Shock, and in VARRY rare cases 104th or 501st...

BUT this vehicle has not been used to due docs being written up, and mcmd saying no flying untill the doc and training is done.

OVER ALL this should not be used by any pilot and should be uses varry sparingly for certain situations. 

Edited by Qal
  • Agree 3

No a vehicle was added not only to be restricted to 2 small groups, this was the "rule" for a day when it was added but it was overturned by higher staff than directors. I understand why you would want it for shock considering sirens and shit but in no way should it be just shock and high command.

I was in Dooms Unit for a little while.

1.) The Shock do have their varianted LAAT/i. At the moment both it and the Searchlight Variant do not function correctly. This is due to them being based off of a newer version of the mod and the apparent refusal to update them to the current versions. I've brought it up multiple times, and been ignored for the most part.

2.) Following the Clone Wars, it seems that as a planetary transport vehicle it most certainly replaced the LAAT/i in that regard. So it could be said that it began seeing use on Coruscant late in the war in preparation for it to eventually take the role of the LAAT/i while deployed planetside. Obviously not in space though.

3.) Yes, Shock gained a Battalion Pilot Squadron in the Rework. This still is not grounds for them to keep a unique ship type all to themselves. The Shock LAAT/i Variant is different in that regard as it is a variant of a wider used vehicle available to all pilots. And while they do have a Pilot Squadron, they still do not have a Dedicated Pilot Job, meaning they would not even have Priority over flight in many cases, meaning if it were to fall under their singular jurisdiction, it would be seen less and less.

-

Personally, I did not even want the Patrol Transport added. At least not yet. Don't get me wrong, it's a great vehicle and the guy who made it is one of if not the best at it. The fact of the matter is, is that we have vehicles we can't even use due to them missing vital code from updates that cannot be given without manually updating many vehicles and likely even the base pack. It is one of the many downsides to packaging them separately from their original upload, made even more clear when it comes time to update. We should be focusing on fixing the stuff that is broken before adding new things.

- 104th PLTO Major Keldeo | Jedi Mythos Master Kellyn Deo | Jedi General Plo Koon

• Winner 2
Banned

-1 Imagine restricting a ship to a singular battalion

• Friendly 1

Sanchez trembles at the mention of my name.

oh, another comment on this. 

Remember when we swapped to endor? How no one was allowed  to use BARCs but 91st

or when 41st had authority over who got to use The AT-RTs? 

I Personally think this should be `similar` as it is a special vehicle. Not in the contents of restricting it to a battalion, but making a Special Co-pilot gunner training and working along with the driver, as the co-pilot gets control over the guns. 
E.G you wouldn't be able to fly it unless trained for it and pilot trained. 
As silly as it sounds to being with, it will eventually evolve into everyone having it. So no need to complain at first, just make sure it gets proper management. 
It sounds odd i know however at the moment this is the most over-powered republic vehicle in regards to vehicle HP. 2nd tier when it comes to weaponry.
As to who this training should fall under, dunno as Shock are a battalion to have posts and needing to arrest poeple, so i feel like a training that they would over-see would be unnecessarily adding onto their weight. But who does what training is...mostly decided by HC anyhow. 

^Base ops, NEW TYPE OF TRAINING: GUNNERY TRAINING (THAT ISNT FOR THE VENATOR)

Edited by Scribbles
Im making a suggestion for this
  • Winner 1
Banned
24 minutes ago, Scribbles said:

Remember when we swapped to endor? How no one was allowed  to use BARCs but 91st

I Personally think this should be `similar` as it is a special vehicle. Not in the contents of restricting it to a battalion, but making a Special Co-pilot gunner training and working along with the driver, as the co-pilot gets control over the guns. 
As silly as it sounds to being with, it will eventually evolve into everyone having it. So no need to complain at first, just make sure it gets proper management. 
It sounds odd i know however at the moment this is the most over-powered republic vehicle in regards to vehicle HP. 2nd tier when it comes to weaponry.
As to who this training should fall under, dunno as Shock are a battalion to have posts and needing to arrest poeple, so i feel like a training that they would over-see would be unnecessarily adding onto their weight. But who does what training is...mostly decided by HC anyhow. 

Yes because we need another training. 😒

• Agree 2

r4ymo.gif

Just now, Sixta said:

Yes because we need another training. 😒

It keeps certain things relevant. allowing any normal pilot trained individual to get access to the most OP republic side vehicle at this moment would be silly.
And restricting it to specific battalions would be a severe mis-use of an addition to the server, it would be a better middle ground. 

5 hours ago, Scribbles said:

Yes lets just have another training for BO to host even tho it will just be wiped in a week and a half 

• Funny 1
20 hours ago, Scribbles said:

It keeps certain things relevant. allowing any normal pilot trained individual to get access to the most OP republic side vehicle at this moment would be silly.
And restricting it to specific battalions would be a severe mis-use of an addition to the server, it would be a better middle ground. 

I don’t mind as long as you don’t take my freighter from me : ) 

21 hours ago, Shiny Keldeo said:

1.) The Shock do have their varianted LAAT/i. At the moment both it and the Searchlight Variant do not function correctly. This is due to them being based off of a newer version of the mod and the apparent refusal to update them to the current versions. I've brought it up multiple times, and been ignored for the most part.

2.) Following the Clone Wars, it seems that as a planetary transport vehicle it most certainly replaced the LAAT/i in that regard. So it could be said that it began seeing use on Coruscant late in the war in preparation for it to eventually take the role of the LAAT/i while deployed planetside. Obviously not in space though.

3.) Yes, Shock gained a Battalion Pilot Squadron in the Rework. This still is not grounds for them to keep a unique ship type all to themselves. The Shock LAAT/i Variant is different in that regard as it is a variant of a wider used vehicle available to all pilots. And while they do have a Pilot Squadron, they still do not have a Dedicated Pilot Job, meaning they would not even have Priority over flight in many cases, meaning if it were to fall under their singular jurisdiction, it would be seen less and less.

-

Personally, I did not even want the Patrol Transport added. At least not yet. Don't get me wrong, it's a great vehicle and the guy who made it is one of if not the best at it. The fact of the matter is, is that we have vehicles we can't even use due to them missing vital code from updates that cannot be given without manually updating many vehicles and likely even the base pack. It is one of the many downsides to packaging them separately from their original upload, made even more clear when it comes time to update. We should be focusing on fixing the stuff that is broken before adding new things.

- 104th PLTO Major Keldeo | Jedi Mythos Master Kellyn Deo | Jedi General Plo Koon

He said it best -1 its a fucking game just let people have some fun and fly a cool new ship

Current: Kevin Colt leader of the Colt Crime Syndicate | Alpha-69 Dennis 

Former: BCMD Doom x3| Havoc Squad Brimstone x3 | Base Ops CMD | Delta Jedi | BCMD Colt | BCMD Bacara | Specialized Regimental Commander x2 | First Count Dooku and creator of the CIS | Rear Admiral Orson Krennic 

On 11/8/2019 at 1:49 PM, Qal said:

I am going to +1

For these key reasons. 

1) Its only appearance in lore is on Coruscant, being used by the Coruscant Guard

2)The CG LAAT is busted and last I knew is on the DO NOT SPAWN IN LIST.

3)It has Police Lights and Sirens. 

4) It can only carry 1 Pilot, 1 Gunner/CoPilot, 6 Passengers.... LAAT carrys so much more. To make carry the same number of people would be to double or triple the Number of patrol ships...

5)It has a high vehicle health, and heavy ordinance that is varry powerfull... 

In my opinion it should only be High Command, Shock, and in VARRY rare cases 104th or 501st...

BUT this vehicle has not been used to due docs being written up, and mcmd saying no flying untill the doc and training is done.

OVER ALL this should not be used by any pilot and should be uses varry sparingly for certain situations. 

+1 We are a serious roleplay server fun is fun and all but we switched to "serious rp". Meaning if in "lore" this was used for such and such we should do it as it should be used. I get that people want to use the same things but things are there for a reason. For example Batons are only used by shock troopers but anyone can swing a baton right? Anyways Qal put it perfectly as well. Not to mention its just a ship like who cares.

• Agree 1
37 minutes ago, Agent said:

+1 We are a serious roleplay server fun is fun and all but we switched to "serious rp". Meaning if in "lore" this was used for such and such we should do it as it should be used. I get that people want to use the same things but things are there for a reason. For example Batons are only used by shock troopers but anyone can swing a baton right? Anyways Qal put it perfectly as well. Not to mention its just a ship like who cares.

No one cares about lore on the server, yeah I’d love to have everything to be according to lore, look at my 1st Lieutenant to Lieutenant suggestion, that’s how it’s in lore but people don’t want it that way and we can’t keep everything lore friendly like having shock on a base like Anaxes isn’t even lore friendly so you can throw lore out the window

“I’m not toxic, It’s just hard not to treat you like an idiot” ~ Logic

spacer.png