Naavi's 101st BCMD Application

Naavi

Steam Name: Naavi

RP Name: TRD 91st RECON Captain Naavi / RANCOR J. SHO. K V Naavi

Steam ID (SteamID Finder): STEAM_0:1:167696633

Battalion or squad you are applying for: 101st Battalion Commander.

Experience: Ill start with the oldest and work my way to current.

187th (XO; CMD) : This is where I began. This was the first battalion I joined when I came onto the server six months ago. During my time in this battalion, I was recruiting like crazy to get new members into the battalion. I was always willing to learn new things. I pushed for changes and made things happen while I was in the 187th. I loved every moment of being part of the gang. I rose through the ranks due to my determination and the amount of things I did within the battalion. I was always doing something to make the battalion great. Always. I helped with maintaining the documents, making sure the troopers were trained in the field that they wanted to be in (ie; Jet Trooper, Heavy, Sharpshooter), and even coming up with new documents to make things easier for Reaper while he was BCMD. I achieved the rank of XO (Yes, Icefuse terms), and stayed in that position for a few weeks upon moving onto the next step in my experience.

101st (Battalion Commander): I applied for the position of BCMD of the 101st back when I was on Icefuse. I was asked by Alistar to run for the position as he knew how determined, and how much I loved to train (Which shows currently as I am the TRD for the Synergy Server). I got up the courage and I wrote my application for BCMD. One of the happiest experience's I have, was standing up in front of stage and being granted the position. I knew I could do GREAT things for the battalion. I had/have the drive and motivation to make things happen, and that's what I did during my time as the 101st BCMD. During my term; and keep in mind, majority of my term was on Icefuse, I was the front of the server. I gathered a team of amazing members (Forge, Rays, Jirachi, etc) and leaders to help me with keeping the 101st to what it is intended and meant to be; a stepping stone to new battalions, a training battalion. For awhile during my term, the 101st was recognized, people actually saw and knew what the 101st was. I was proud. I constructed the documents, and wrote up new training documents. I built the bunks in a specific way to make sure that if I was not there, or any of my officers were not there, that when a new player joined the server, they would be easily directed to the battalion that they chose to go to. I constructed a document in order to make it easier for myself and my officers to be able to give the proper information for the new players of what each battalion does. I went to every battalion, and asked them information about what they would want the new players to know about them... but then.... the fall of Icefuse happened. The hardest day of my life (in gmod days) was when I wrote my resignation for Icefuse. I struggled hitting enter because I was fearful of letting go of my members. Letting go of the laughs and the great times we had together as a battalion. But then I got the IP to what we now call Synergy. I sat in the 101st channel alone... wondering what would come of it, or my time on the new server... and then the most amazing thing happened. Majority of my members surprised me, and were waiting for me in the channel. I was so happy. They laughed and we played games together for the weeks before synergy was launched. We stayed together and we stayed STRONG. We constructed new documents, and worked on continuing to make the 101st a great training battalion. I continued to stay 101st BCMD. Both through Rishi moon, and as well as Venator. It was great times with them. The 101st was thriving to be what it was intended to be. I stepped down from the position for two reasons. 1) I received the position of Ahsoka Tano. I knew that if I wanted to keep that position, I would have to lower my workload. Being the BCMD; which took up most of my time, would hinder my chances of being active. I didn't want to be known as inactive. 2) I wanted to give someone else in the battalion the chance to show greatness. To be able to maintain what I had worked so hard to do; and what a few other 101st BCMD's had done in the past. To achieve their own greatness.

Lastly: 91st (Captain): This battalion is great. The laughs and jokes are hilarious. (When people are online to laugh lol). I will be honest, I have main'ed more my Jedi, during my time within the 91st. I did however, begin to work on fixing up the current documents for the 91st, to make it more easier and maintainable. The battalion itself is great, but the members within, are far few and between. Regardless, The 91st has a great leader, and he does a great job at keeping the 91st the battalion it is intended to be.

Why should you become a Battalion Commander?:

Well, I know how the battalion is supposed to be ran. I have the experience as the 101st BCMD, and I still have the documents (as I was the one whom created them lol). I have the determination to make the 101st great again! Mainly, to answer the question as to why; because I want to show to the server, what the 101st is. GREATNESS! 

Do you understand the lore of your battalion or squad?:

Yes. The 101st (Clone Troopers) was the first year of a troopers term. They were trained in what a battalion should be, and trained in different aspects to be able to eventually go to where they were intended. (Either the 501st, or the 212th.). The 101st is a TRAINING battalion. A mock experience for new members.  

Availability:

Currently, I have a pretty open schedule. I am in the process tho of obtaining a job (IRL). The job will not hinder my activity, as it will be a 8-5 job, Monday to Friday. I have TeamSpeak, Discord, and Steam on my phone, and can be easily contacted if needed. I will also be online upon returning home as well. For as long as I am needed. But currently, I am 100% free, and active! 

Estimate of how long you've played on Synergy Roleplay?:

I have been part of Synergy since even before the launch, and have been an active member currently within the server. I have a total of 1,226 hours on Gmod. That is all through Icefuse and Synergy. 

Do you have a microphone?:

Yep, I do! 

Where do you want your battalion or squad to be at the end of your term?:

I want the 101st to be what it is intended to be, a training battalion. I want to be able to have it set, that members can join and know where they want to go. I want to make sure that when someone first spawns into the bunks, that they are welcomed with open arms and brought to the respective battalion that they would like to be in. I want to also, give chance to the battalions that may need members, by finding the best suited people for those positions. When a player joins the server, after completing the training, they need to be placed somewhere that they will want to continually come back. A player will want to have reason to play, and to be part of something with greatness. I want to be able to make sure that I give that chance to each new member that joins the server. I want to be able to show, that this server is hands down, one of the best Clone Wars Roleplay servers. I want to be the reason, that the players come back. The 101st, should, and always should be, a Training Battalion. A battalion that helps new members get to where they want to be, and I want to continue that. 

Do you understand that if you go inactive that you will be removed from your position?:

Yes, I do. 

As much as I love to disagree with Punda, he's right on this one. You resigned the first time because you wanted to pursue staff, and your responsibilities have since doubled (at least.) I've seen multiple times what happens when high ranking staff pursue commander positions, it never works. 

A counterargument was brought up to my opinion, consider it voided. 

Edited by Fizzik

Rule-maker and rule-breaker.

26 minutes ago, Punda said:

-1 sorry but I don't think high up staff should hold ranks in game like this one, yes 101st are a pretty simple battalion but you should focus on staff more than being a BCMD

I have held a staff rank, while I was BCMD previously (Admin/Vet Admin}. Just because I am now a 'high' staff rank, does not mean I should not obtain a position. I should be respected just as much as any other player. We are all the same. We are clones after all.  

12 minutes ago, Fizzik said:

As much as I love to disagree with Punda, he's right on this one. You resigned the first time because you wanted to pursue staff, and your responsibilities have since doubled (at least.) I've seen multiple times what happens when high ranking staff pursue commander positions, it never works. 

Fizzik, If you read my application. I stated the reason that I stepped down from BCMD. It was not due to staff. I was a Vet Admin at the time of stepping down. I stepped down due to me obtaining a named knight (Ahsoka Tano). I did not want to be active in one, and not the other. I also wanted to give the chance to a member within my battalion to show their greatness and to shine. 

Just because I am a 'high' staff rank, it should not be a factor of why I am not eligible. I am a hard working member of this community, just as much as any of you. So why should I not obtain something if I put the hard work and effort to be there? 

41 minutes ago, Punda said:

-1 sorry but I don't think high up staff should hold ranks in game like this one, yes 101st are a pretty simple battalion but you should focus on staff more than being a BCMD

Oh then we should remove you from RC Punda?  You are a Vet Admin after all.  So you should be concentrating on staff rather than a named character...

• Agree 2
23 minutes ago, Naavi said:

I have held a staff rank, while I was BCMD previously (Admin/Vet Admin}. Just because I am now a 'high' staff rank, does not mean I should not obtain a position. I should be respected just as much as any other player. We are all the same. We are clones after all.  

Fizzik, If you read my application. I stated the reason that I stepped down from BCMD. It was not due to staff. I was a Vet Admin at the time of stepping down. I stepped down due to me obtaining a named knight (Ahsoka Tano). I did not want to be active in one, and not the other. I also wanted to give the chance to a member within my battalion to show their greatness and to shine. 

Just because I am a 'high' staff rank, it should not be a factor of why I am not eligible. I am a hard working member of this community, just as much as any of you. So why should I not obtain something if I put the hard work and effort to be there? 

I stand corrected, I will edit the post. 

Rule-maker and rule-breaker.

Just to clear something up regarding this application and the applicant:

"7.s) Directors and Founders may become Battalion Commanders but must show an exceptional level of dedication to the battalion as any normal Battalion Commander would."

taken from the Clone Wars rules.

If a Director or Founder can hold a BCMD+ position if they feel they are capable and dedicated, then any Overseer or Head Admin can too. We have systems in place to monitor the Battalion Commanders to ensure they are quality and operating their battalion successfully.

• Coordinator
Coordinator

+1 

7 hours ago, Naavi said:

I did not want to be active in one, and not the other. I also wanted to give the chance to a member within my battalion to show their greatness and to shine. 

eh....decent enough app i guess....it's not like I think you're the best person fit for this role or anything...baka 

+1

-Attack Regimental Commander Joe

Retired:  OG of Synergy | Head Admin | Game Master Chief | Senior Attack and Defense Brigade Commander | #FirstCommanderAppToBeAcceptedOnTheForums.

Navvi you awesome and very cool but I have to agree with Flynn and chum boi

12 hours ago, Flynn said:

got to say i agree with chumbus on this one. -1

13 hours ago, Chumbus said:

I dont see you on the server nearly enough to believe that this would be a good choice.

So -1 srry

Conflicted on this. You obviously have a lot of experience with leading, and could probably do the battalion good if your were the BCMD, but I haven't seen you active enough on your clone, and I don't know if I believe that you will be even if you do become the BCMD.

Congratulations! Your application for the 101st Battalion Commander position
has been accepted for interview. You will be contacted within a week to have your
interview conducted. Make sure you're prepared and know the lore of your
battalion. Best of luck, hope to see you as a new Battalion Commander.

//Locked
//Moved to Commander Applications - Pending