Event Server Health and Armor (skill points)

Sock Monkey

Name: Sock

Suggestion: Remove event server skill points for health and armor

Edited Addition: Since we would have to delete all the skill points, I would like to argue that even though Jump and Speed will be lost on the event server, that is actually a good thing. It means that gamemasters will be able to make more intricate events that take longer to get through rather than just getting plowed through by quick boys. Will make the event server based on skill for BVB and make events actually challenging and a little more difficult than what it is currently. 

Implementation: remove skill points for health and armor and instead give every job a 400 health and 250 armor increase. (Only on event server).

With the current set up it is really disheartening and unenjoyable to an extent, for newer players in the community (who dont have max health and armor). to hop on to an exciting 1 life event to get instantly 1 shot and have to leave, or to not be able to participate in a BvB because their battalion does not want to lose, so they get cut. By equalizing the event server health and armor it allows for everyone no matter how new or old to have a good time, without the restriction of credits and time. 

This will not impact main server skill points, those will remain the same. Assuming it's possible,  jump and speed skill point upgrades will also remain on the event server!!!!

Lore: N/A

Add or Change: 400 Health and 250 Armor increase for all Republic jobs.

Job: All

Slots: N/A

Pay:N/A

Description: N/A

Model: N/A

Weapons:  N/A        

Edited by Sock Monkey
  • Agree 2
  • Winner 1

:)

+1

its really disheartening for me to cut a member for BVB just because they don't have max stats, I've even lost members due to them getting pissed off during a deployment because they were killed in one shot by an event job.

327th Papa

spacer.png

Attack Regimental x1

Bly x2

1 minute ago, Joah said:

Max health and armor should now immediately transfer to the event server after a restart now. If im not mistaken everyone currently should be 100% up to date.

That's not what he's saying, he wants everyone to be maxed on event server, basically. So that everyone can have the same level of survival and fun on event, even if you just joined the other day, or something.

• Retired Founder
2 minutes ago, OneNiner6719 said:

That's not what he's saying, he wants everyone to be maxed on event server, basically. So that everyone can have the same level of survival and fun on event, even if you just joined the other day, or something.

Gotcha. I just woke up. 

• Retired Founder

That means we need to remove the skill system from the Event server entirely and delete those files then change every single job. God damnit sock I hate you. Why did you not suggest this in the last update. Incoming 3-4 hours of sitting down q_Q

• Funny 5

+1

It'd help turn events, especially one-lifers, into a measurable experience. A clone trooper would have a set health that you can know, and prepare around that number, rather than thinking you're gonna make it tough because you got a whole battalion of whatever and it turns out they're all fresh boys and crumple like paper.

This'd also make the shoot 'em ups better because you CAN go a bit tougher on people, and not have to consider the fact that there are paper-thin boys in a unit if you're bombing somewhere.

Although there is one issue: Jump and speed skills. I personally like going my warp-10 speed and jumping like I'm a basketball player with a trampoline boost.

Edited by OneNiner6719
  • Funny 1
12 minutes ago, Baxter said:

What about Battalions or Regiments that have their Bonuses as HP/Armor like SOBDE and 212th? Would that be calculated into the base stats as well or are they just scuffed now?

I'd assume you would just have whatever your increase is? that's why I proposed a 400 health increase to all jobs and 250 armor, so if you had 200 health from base and bonus then they would just add 400 more from that. 

Since bonuses are already in place on the event server everything will just be increased the same on each job so bonuses would stay..

:)

Banned

+1 Good luck

Sanchez trembles at the mention of my name.

On 4/6/2019 at 2:06 PM, Joah said:

I'm going to have to make a physical poll of this, Perhaps tomorrow?

as this will remove / speed / jump height.

I will be keeping this post open for feedback until @Joah makes the poll open to the community.

• Retired Founder

So, I've already created a temp fix, I understand this will suck for new CT's but its the same thing on Main. If you don't have skills. Every time I restart the event server. Your skills are transferred over. I make sure to restart the event server every Friday before BvB. This way CT's can enjoy their new found skill set, the whole intention of this was to allow the feeling of veteran players climbing and having a sense of accomplishment and something to work for. Rather than having it given to you.

Denied / Already have a solution in place.