What would you like to see changed within Senators

I know, i'm just Mas Amedda. I understand this and what I can and cannot do with Senators is limited. But, with all that set aside. If you want to see something change within Senators or have any ideas at all please post it here. If you feel you want to be more private i'll be around, wether it be on my SO or Mas Amedda or even playing another game. I'll be in ts3. Now back to the main topic, I understand Senators right now are in a bit of a stale mate and currently are only there for RP purposes and creating RP. A few things that will NOT be changing under any curcumstances are:

1. Senators being allowed to fire their weapons in a non last resort situation.

2. Senators running amock in combat.

3. Senators being allowed to give Military Orders i.e. "PTE/PTL, granted." "ATC, Online." "PL-####, permission to Taxi is granted."(Some Military Orders can be allowed if you the Playerbase wills it.)

^ Anything other then these 3 things stated above will most likely change if enough of you the Community and playerbase of the Server want it too. Any idea is welcomed with Open Arms, stupid or not. Your idea's and views will be taken into great consideration.

Edited by Mas Amedda
  • Friendly 1
Banned

Coming from someone who was red guard for a year or so amd protected senators, y'all are fine as is in my opinion. Just hold more tryouts maybe and get some good active people is all there need be said.

The biggest buzz kill of being a senator or having one around, is the lack of them seemingly even being on base if that matters. They should have jurisdiction over all personnel military or not, when an RP scenario occurs that requires talking or negotiating. Currently, they just take up space and say shit like OMG WHAT IS GOING ON IM BEING SHOT AT AHHHHH and the rest of us are like ffs Padme nobody cares. 

104th will still be able to negotiate, but as helpers. The senators lead negotiations at all times. And RP scenarios that require talking or information gathering (not interrogation), senators have jurisdiction over.

• Agree 4
  • Disagree 2
  • Winner 1

mate, I honestly don't see the purpose for Senators, They can't do anything apart from RP which they don't really do cuz u can't force RP.

Many other Mas Amedda's & Paply's have tried this already the truth is there is really no reason for Senators to be on their Senators because they can barely do anything. I think they are just taking up spots that could be used on battalions currently.

But if one thing were to change it would be, give them more to do like training or some shit.

Edited by Josh Schneider
  • Agree 1

I play C-3PO a lot, and I enjoy it and attempt to make RP whenever I can, I don’t think we should touch combat, but be used more in events for like event jobs kidnap us or wanna talk, or even when not in events Sith can capture us. There was one time when I roleplay Sith Guards BCNS and Bro reprogrammed me to obey the Sith until I got fixed by the republic. All that needs to change is how u senators create rp

1 hour ago, Blueberry Juice said:

The biggest buzz kill of being a senator or having one around, is the lack of them seemingly even being on base if that matters. They should have jurisdiction over all personnel military or not, when an RP scenario occurs that requires talking or negotiating. Currently, they just take up space and say shit like OMG WHAT IS GOING ON IM BEING SHOT AT AHHHHH and the rest of us are like ffs Padme nobody cares. 

104th will still be able to negotiate, but as helpers. The senators lead negotiations at all times. And RP scenarios that require talking or information gathering (not interrogation), senators have jurisdiction over.

Why is everyone always trying to take negotiations from us? 104th is negotations.

5 hours ago, Mas Amedda said:

A few things that will NOT be changing under any curcumstances are:

3. Senators being allowed to give Military Orders i.e. "PTE/PTL, granted." "ATC, Online." "PL-####, permission to Taxi is granted."(Some Military Orders can be allowed if you the Playerbase wills it.)

if they arent allowed to give military orders how can they negotiate? they would have 0 authority to give the hostage taker anything.

Edited by Slate
fixed one of my quotes

2 Things.
Senators are meant for passive roleplay enhancement. Not active RP Scenarios like negotiations. If we want to be real technical most Senators wouldn't be on a ship or active Military Base. Their role is not in combat but rather passive RP in down time, working with troops etc. Maybe the occasional event where they are used in some capacity but that is and should be for the gamemaster to decide.

Secondly, the biggest issue with the Senators is that its not one per position anymore. You can have two different senators with very different roleplay styles. Revert to the traditional style of 1 Person per Position.

Senators aren't what they used to be roleplay wise but you can change it with just a few tweaks. I'd talk with Max about how he and Esitt had it setup. Was a lot of fun being Organa and Meena Tills.

Edited by Metro
  • Agree 5

"We'll get it done, Colonel. Six out."

9 minutes ago, Metro said:

2 Things.
Senators are meant for passive roleplay enhancement. Not active RP Scenarios like negotiations. If we want to be real technical most Senators wouldn't be on a ship or active Military Base. Their role is not in combat but rather passive RP in down time, working with troops etc. Maybe the occasional event where they are used in some capacity but that is and should be for the gamemaster to decide.

Secondly, the biggest issue with the Senators is that its not one per position anymore. You can have two different senators with very different roleplay styles. Revert to the traditional style of 1 Person per Position.

Senators aren't what they used to be roleplay wise but you can change it with just a few tweaks. I'd talk with Max about how he and Esitt had it setup. Was a lot of fun being Organa and Meena Tills.

uh huh

yeah

it was fun and good

me had good time being corrupt

• Agree 1
  • Winner 2

2 minutes ago, Bbstine said:

uh huh

yeah

it was fun and good

me had good time being corrupt

I enjoyed it a lot too man. I wouldn't have left if it wasn't for burnout on the other sides of the server. Playing Senator is a lot of fun If you do it right!

• Agree 1

"We'll get it done, Colonel. Six out."

5 hours ago, Blueberry Juice said:

104th will still be able to negotiate, but as helpers. The senators lead negotiations at all times.

Oh hell no. I haven’t been working on negotiations just to give it up to Senators of all people. Senators deal in politics, not high risk negotiations. That’s ours. 

3 hours ago, Arroyo said:

104th is the only one that can do negotiations

Yall just have priority in it

That doesn’t mean it isn’t ours. Because it is. We control what happens with negotiations and how it’s done. Obviously we’re not the only ones who can do it, but the only time that should be happening is if there isn’t any 104th on. 

• Agree 1
  • Winner 1
  • Friendly 1
1 hour ago, COC4IN3 said:

senators = useless... You would never see senators on a military base, even then they wont be able to dish out orders as they're not apart of the military but simply politicians essentially. 

+1. I don't like the idea of senators running around doing whatever the hell they want on the base anyway. 

Edited by Fizzik

Rule-maker and rule-breaker.

I'd like to see more clear guidelines on what we can and can't do. I'm always a little nervous about how much I can do, and it doesn't help that people either constantly try and ferry me away from RP or act like I have 0 authority. 

Also Senators do have some authority ya bozos, Padme was giving orders in the show all the time, and clones listened.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

|Longest Serving Attack Regimental Commander||Thigh High Connoisseur|

j5VeS9D.jpg