Steam ID: No fucking clue
Date of Ban: 23rd of November 2018
Length of Ban: Permanent on both the server and the forums
Offense: “Actively assisting a community that stole content from Synergy
Banned By: Chambers
Why should we unban you/shorten the ban period?:

I'll give an insight on the situation

Okay

My IRL friend made a dark rp server, they also made a discord that I joined, I did this to be nice as they are literally my best friend from school.
I advertised it in my discord cos he needed some help getting players and I knew some of the people in my discord loved DarkRP

Once I did this, I was given some role In the discord, however might I add I then hardly ever touched that discord cos it was dead.

Raven and others decided to do a CWRP server, joint with my friends dark rp server in order to make a “Larger Community”- now from what I can gather, the people doing CWRP were planning on stealing the Synergy Lightsabers, however I'm not 100% sure because I legit only looked at the discord once I got 2 @everyone's from joah and zim, telling us we gonna get banned.

Essentially
I got banned cos I advertised the community in my personal discord, however I advertised it when they were only doing dark rp, not CWRP- And because the CWRP people did something dodgy, I'm getting blame?
I'm not even in the discord anymore. I haven't touched my PC since I resigned.

So being banned for… saying something in my own discord. - Good meme.

Evidence to support your claims:

What evidence is required lmao?

I'm not in the discord anymore. Lmao

You want my friend to clarify that I wasn't active? I'm sorry but this is stupid lmao.

• Winner 4

+1

Freck has done more for this community than many others whether it be current or past members.  I personally believe that he would not intentionally do something to harm this server or his relation with it and in good faith request that he be unbanned.

• Winner 3

Frecks time on this server shows his dedication to the community, I highly doubt he would go out of his way to take stuff from the people he once had many enjoyable times with. To perm ban someone for the wrongdoings of another because of association is wrong and while I of course dont know the full story as of now, from what I have gathered it seems like Freck does not deserve a ban, although the bans on the people that actually committed the offence should remain as such.

+1 Freck is genuinely one of the most dedicated members to the synergy community. Unban him. 

:)

This is a joke right?

After all the shit Freck did for the server, you think he would intentionally do something to harm the server? That's ridiculous.

If what Freck said is true then he has little to no association with the people who had ill intent towards the server, they were just friends of the friend he tried to help out. Banning someone for association alone is a stretch, but he isn't even really associated with these guys so...?

I think Synergy is a pretty decent community overall but if this ban stands it will be a giant scar on the server's history that will be hard to cover up.

+1

Banned

+1 but people are allowed to use synergy content as long as they acknowledge it

it is marked after all

and he advertised it in his personal discord lmao

+1 I ma be real honest here. I know it was a mistake, but it's his own fucking discord? What freck does in there is his alone, and why perma ban him. Freck did a lot for this community, and to just ban him off the spot for a reason that never effected synergy? Freck may not have even been the one to Try and use the lightsabers. Joah you got way to Ban happy and just perma banned a good community member. Freck was my friend, and he had no intent to Harm anything, and all he was doing was helping out a friend. If that's so bad, then idk what's good?

• Winner 1

Former: Liaison

I find that it is absolute bullshit that you guys are banning literal legends of the community.

You need to cool your fuckin jets out here.

+1 Freck has been there as my friend for a very long time, and y'all can suck on the nut of millions if you think he's going to stay banned.

Banned

Wait he got banned for advertising something in his own discord server? wtf +1

r4ymo.gif

+1 This is the moronic ban I have ever seen. This is the kind of shit that makes people leave a community when people start getting hunted like this. If we cannot say shit in personal discords that are not related to synergy that is just baffling. Also just because of association he got banned? That is also completely stupid, if that is the case 90% of the server would be gone one way or another. Many people play other servers(some which have synergy content). Many people have contact with banned individuals. Just baffling. 

Edited by Baelfire
  • Agree 2
  • Winner 1
  • Friendly 1

Former Boss, Former Fixer, Former Sev

Former Jaing, Former Prudii

Former Bardan Jusik/Skirata

Former SOBDE Regimental Commander 

+1 the high staff purging anyone who was in that discord or joined the server not knowing what they had is ridiculous. It was Frecks private discord and you shouldn’t be banned for what’s said in there. He has a right to privacy 

Edited by BigBurner

+1

Permanently banning someone because they used their own non-synergy related discord to try to help a friend out, that's actually saddening, and same as Medic I was pretty livid when I heard about it too.

This is a legitimate case of being guilty of association and it sickens me to know that Freck got banned without even being talked to.

+1

Yes, I get that his friend is totally in the wrong for trying to steal content but banning people by association with him who had nothing to do with it nor the ideals of that server and talking about in a discord not under synergy is WRONG.  

Perhaps staff go back and have a talk with those who got banned and figure this out completely before dropping the hammer. 

Edited by Zensras

spacer.png
Every time I wander into an argument on the forums.

I can't believe this is happening again. This is like the third time. And Freck? Really? I'm under the impression that no one is above the rules of anything, but this is an overreaction at the very least. Considering all the bans I saw yesterday, I'm not even sure how legitimate these are. Could we not have solved this by talking about it?

The Reprehensible Ratio!

#RemoveJedi

#RenameRancorToARC

If it was Synergy content off of the workshop then he is free to use it, he doesn't even have to state where it came from because its very likely that 80% of the "Synergy" content isn't even actually Synergy's lol its probably just repacked. In terms of him in his own personal discord, that is ridiculous, I don't understand what it is with people saying if it has absolutely anything to do with Synergy then its under the ownership of the Founders lol and btw it had nothing to do with it. If what Freck has stated is the true reason then this shouldn't even have to be a appeal because it should have never happened.

Omegalul +1

• Agree 1

I was in Dooms Unit for a little while.

• Retired Founder

I listened to the bans last night, I didn't put to much input in, I was playing Total War getting my ass handed to me by AI.

However, you guys are missing facts from what I'm understanding. The discord they were in was actively trying to leech our HUD, and Lightsabers (Which are custom content) not on the workshop, trying to pull it.  Your server needs to be whitelisted in order to use these sabers, and if it's not you can get banned from the workshop /gmodstore for going around King David.

image0.png

This discord is actively trying to leech from the community from my understanding. To invite people to that discord knowing that they're leeching looks kinda sus a/f in my opinion. However, I'm staying out of the altercation. But there is proof behind chambers doings. Trust me, I've seen the messages from this discord, It's not just a "Dark-RP" Discord.

Regardless of "stealing/etc" I didn't see anything on Freck, except him inviting people from Synergy to that discord which he claims was only for Dark-RP. As for Sky, Sky was banned saying he doesn't play here anymore and honestly doesn't care, it kinda admits guilt I guess? Not really. 

I don't have any evidence on Freck or Sky and they were not my decisions to ban them. However, for Freck to mass invite these individuals and having been apart of maymays discord that created a lot of drama it does look sus. (Actually, backtrack to freck, I did agree with the ban) My apologies. Memory was bogged.

However, I do agree with chambers mentality of "If they want to leave, we will help them out the door" Zim made a post about this a while ago in the community announcements. Lingering and causing drama behind closed doors doesn't keep you safe. Again "THIS IS NOT ME SAYING FRECK OR SKY IS GUILTY" I'm saying to the other individuals who did indeed deserve the ban who were actively leeching AKA why i'm banned from Icefuse btdubs LOL

Alec: Banned for saying he was about to cause drama on the forums intentionally. Admitting it straight to Chambers himself.
Reaver: Lied about any involvement then we showed him screenshots of his involvement and the story rapidly changed. :^)

^^ These two I was involved with indefinitely. 

• Retired Founder
2 hours ago, Baelfire said:

+1 This is the moronic ban I have ever seen. This is the kind of shit that makes people leave a community when people start getting hunted like this. If we cannot say shit in personal discords that are not related to synergy that is just baffling. Also just because of association he got banned? That is also completely stupid, if that is the case 90% of the server would be gone one way or another. Many people play other servers(some which have synergy content). Many people have contact with banned individuals. Just baffling. 

People who act out of emotion rather than actively looking at both sides are a bigger problem than this. :x. Sorry m8. But it's true. I'd wait for Chambers half before condemning someone for a decision. I personally feel like all facts should come forward from @Carter so he can at least defend his decision.

Especially since in your first sentence, it screams grammatically incorrect.  I think that triggers me more awefkhnaw;lefhaw;lkefjhawl;fehaw;ljefhajwfkajwh AHHHHHHHHHH.

eb9.jpg

• Disagree 1
  • Retired Founder
1 minute ago, IKE said:

Can we comment on the fact that Joah has 34 pings he hasn't looked at, disgraceful

34 what O_O

OH LMAO, That's not my screenshot, someone elses XD what fucking loser uses T-Mobile LOL, I'm Verizon baby.

• Agree 2
  • Funny 2