Nade/Niner's SOBDE Regimental Application

Nade Jones

Steam Name: [SR] nade jones [HA]

RP Name: Omega-09 Niner Skirata | Jedi General Obi-Wan Kenobi

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:58484750

Regiment you are applying for: Special Operations Brigade

Experience: 

Omega Squad Niner

The position I currently possess, and one I've enjoyed the most during my stay here at Synergy, I've held this position for almost 2 months now and I feel like the squad has made significant progress since I was appointed Niner. During my application, I promised I would do 6 things before my term ends they were: 1. Improve tryouts (the day I got niner I fully remade the entire tryouts as well as build a dupe for it from scratch) 2. Fill the squad (during squad member resignation I've proven I can fill the squad even recently after Cross Resigned as Fi I was able to fill the squad almost exactly 6 hours after he resigned) 3. Improve Relations with the community (I've put 100% effort into managing my squad so they are in good relations with the community, I don't condone any type of malicious behavior that may damage our reputation and I've hosted an anonymous survey to see what the community thinks of us which resulted in mostly positive results) 4. Increase cooperation with other battalions (We are currently in the process of implemented RC outreach, although I mentioned this idea in my niner application I have to give credit to doc for bringing this idea to life, regardless I'm trying my best to communicate with BCMDs about the terms of RC Outreach and hopefully this gets implemented soon) 5. Increase roleplay incentive (I've constantly been mentoring my members about the in-depth lore of their characters and how they should be roleplaying them, Omega squad has started using Mando'a more frequently as I encourage them to use the Mando'a dictionary) 6. Discourage Elitist behaviour (I am 100 percent certain I've destroyed any traces of elitism in my Squad, its not acceptable and I'm happy with the current squad and squads in the past and how they've displayed themselves as humble and non elitist amongst our brothers) A major implementation that I've introduced into Omega squad is the named jedi Etain Tur-Mukan, I have created lore based tryouts for this positon and its a good way for someone to spend time with SOBDE without having to pass tryouts as well as opening up a plethora of roleplay scenarios. Most recently I have aided the RC Outreach, I was quick on the ball from when it was introduced, Having quickly set up and talked with the corresponding I was able to get Omega Squad into the RC outreach fairly quickly and I am still continuing to develop Omega Relations with the outreach battalions.

Foxtrot - CPT to XO

After leaving 104th I told myself I was gonna join Foxtrot so I can spend time with my former Battalion, After failing a few times I joined CO and for some reason it gave me a confidence boost and right after I finished CO tryouts I went for Foxtrot and got it first try, Since then I've been in the Squad aiding Bazoo and helping other squads in our required trainings. After getting to LTC I was promoted straight to XO as Bazoo's right-hand man, Bazoo has trusted me with completing tryouts and I've hosted many, dedicating multiple, hours a day just to find our next brother. I've been in for a very long time longer than most of the current standing RC Squad members excluding Squad Leads and I believe due to my extended experience in SOBDE both as an Foxtrot XO and SOBDE Squad lead I am ready to move up the chain of command

212th - PVT to XO

When I first joined the server I was fished by a 212th NCO who invited me to tryouts right after my CC training, from the day I joined there was something about the battalion people such as Audio, Hazard and BlackMamba were people who I looked up, they created a friendly environment and I knew that this is a battalion I wanted to devote my time to. So from the day I joined I played countless hours each day trying to impress my higher-ups by devoting large amounts of time to the game mode, after some time I got SGT and aided the battalion, myself Alfa and Gunner broke the battalion recruitment record of 92 recruits in one week, that was 212th at its peak and I was proud to be part of it, seeing 30+ 212th on made me proud of my battalion and motivated me further, After some time at CSM I received a double promotion from CSM to 1stLT and I was commended as the battalion's future. I  invested a lot of time and effort into both Ghost Company and ARC and quickly rose up the ranks as an officer often being promoted as soon as the cooldown ended and very soon I found myself as a senior officer and eventually a commander. After Perri became BCMD he chose me as his XO, I stayed in the position for 3 weeks or so before leaving, this decision was very hard because I stayed in the battalion for 5 or so months now, I still feel guilty about leaving, I feel like I failed Perri by taking this decision.

212th - Ghost Company Lead

I joined Ghost Company at the rank of 1stLT and after a week was granted GCS, I made the new ITG documents (required to try out) and even built the dupe for ITG so that granted me the rank of GCO. After Perri got Cody the ghost company leader position was open and he granted it to me, When I received the position I managed to change a few things such as make completely new tryouts for ghost company and I built a dupe which took around 4 hours to build as well as review some of the lore names and change them to be more lore friendly, otherwise I kept the squad running and attempted to fill all the slots. Ghost Company was my passion when doing tryouts I set the standards VERY high and I was proud of what I have created.

212th ARC Lead

I was an ARCO under Ruzom and I'm gonna be completely honest, Ruzom didn't have a shit about the ARC program and constantly ignored not only his duties but also his ARCOs, I basically ran the ARC program from the ARCO position using whatever power I had and for me ARC was something you had to earn and you should be proud to  wear so when I got ARCL I completely revived and reviewed the entire 212th ARC Program, I created an extra step to becoming ARC which consisted of a lore and combat scenarios written test, the discord which I made contained all the information you need to know regarding ARC, what you have to do to  become an ARC, what each training consists of and what you should do to prepare for it, I even introduced a 212th ARC Code of Conduct, and an unofficial rank structure within ARC, Throughout my time I only have a single ARCO who was striker, we worked together often and ran the system smoothly, when I left 212th he was given the ARCL position.

212th Advanced Marching and Discipline Officer

As a CSM I was told in order to progress I should make myself stand out so I created a huge 5-page program which involved a series of advanced marching drills which ensure a smooth transition from a march into things such as formations or other complex turns and working and marching around the environment which meant a more professional look, Unfortunately this system was purely a concept and very soon I found myself in an officer position which meant I had no time to continue this project

212th Pilot Trainer

From the moment Hazard got Oddball (pilot lead) I gained interest in the wings program (the name for the 212th pilot program) I was selected as one of the 4 first Pilot trainers to help kick off the pilot program, and I did so. The Wings program exams and physical tryouts were long and hard but were enjoyable at the most time, I held this position from the moment I got it until I resigned from the batt as a whole.

212th Heavy Trainer

For a very brief moment in between my ARC training, I was a heavy trainer. I believe I contributed a lot to the Heavy Regiment I remember a day when we had all our 10 heavy slots full and everyone was on at once, It was a beautiful sight

212th Leadership Camp Instructor

Around when I was a 1stLT the Battalion introduced a system which you had to go through to become an Officer this was known as leadership Camp, I was chosen as one of the first to instruct this camp.

104th COL - COL

Once I decided I needed a break from 212th I shortly joined 104th as I wanted a change of pace, this battalion was more active during eastern hours so I was able to play abit earlier with the majority of people, this battalion was basically a destresser for me, I had less responsibilities and was able to play again without much stress I didn't achieve much here although I helped Ryan with his 104th ARC program as I lent him some documents I made for 212th ARC. After a couple of weeks I resigned to CT PVT and went for Foxtrot.

Covert Ops PVT - PVT

This is awkward, As soon as I finished my CO tryout I went for Foxtrot and got it first try... 

212th Jedi General Obi Wan Kenobi and Eeth Koth

I've been in Jedi from the day I got VIP, I was a Padawan for months because I  clone, after a while I decided i wanted to play Jedi actively so I was promoted to Knight after achieving my Knight recs, From the days you could be in a branch as a Padawan I've remained a consular and have stayed in this branch since I've reached a Knight rank, once I became a knight I've actively helped my branch and battalion grow via hosting and helping in trials and after getting to Knight 6 I was recommended to be a master, 3 weeks later I did my Master Trials and was granted the rank of Jedi master, I served as a Jedi master for 2 further weeks before going for Jedi General Eeth Koth, I am currently attached to 212th my former battalion. After a while I went for Kenobi and I am currently helping my former battalion as Kenobi.

Jedi Guardian Lead Manager

After departing the consular branch I joined guardian and offered to help elijah as a Lead manager

Jedi Consular Manager

Due to my loyalty to the  I was awarded with the Consular Manager position which allows me to host Consular Knight trials and find the next generation of consular.branch

Jedi ACE

Jedi ACE is another one of my Achievements which I've obtained within the Jedi Order, It pronounces me a Jedi ACE an able skilled Pilot within the order, a month ago I was granted Pink Squadron Lead which enables me to lead a group of 4 Jedi Pilots as well as hosting my own ACE trials which I already have multiple times.

Jedi Healer

Although technically I don't hold any responsibilities within the Healer branch It is something I had to achieve by attending trials back when I was a Padawan

Jedi Sage

This Is probably my most recent achievement as Myself and Kendrys have recently passed sage trials and have been named the first Synergy sage duo, Its something that I look forward too and hope it helps me progress in the Consular Branch.

Naval

Unfortunately, my Naval Career has been short, I played for a while with the intent of rising up the ranks up until the map change in which I found Naval boring so I resigned, I think I only really reached PO1 although I did devote a lot of my time to trainings and the QM Branch

Naval Quartermaster Officer

Due to my time as a Quartermaster and the dedication I put towards the QM branch via trainings etc I was awarded the QMO Position in which I shadowed QMIs and continued my QM work.

Staff

I've been a staff member since January and I've rose up the ranks all the way upto Head Admin, I've always been part of each Branch and actively done work within the 2 Branches, staff work has taught me a lot and I've experience a lot of Scenarios where I've been tested for my patience and I believe scenarios like this will aid me in becoming this position.

Gamemaster Officer

I've been gamemaster from the moment it was available to me, I did resign for 3 weeks due to exams but ever since I came back I've been making events and achieved the Gamemaster officer rank within the branch.

Trainer Manager

Trainer branch was one which I spent ALOT of time in, I got TRO when I was an Officer in 212th and I dedicated a lot of time and effort to it which helped me stand out and progress to Trainer Manager.

Senate Commando SGT

this is a good meme but I reached the rank of SGT under Dargon and It was fun while it lasted.

Senator Lux Bonteri

I've been Lux for a couple of months now and Its pretty fun interacting with the troopers from a non-military perspective, I tend to roleplay alot on the job, I enjoy roleplay and I hope my roleplay capabilities carry on from my senator to the position I'm applying for.

Senator Bail Organa

After 3-4 months as lux I decided i wanted a change of character so I was able to switch to Bail Organa, I've had this position for a few weeks and although my activity has dropped within the Senator position, I still enjoy playing on my senator as it is a change of pace from a trooper or jedi.

Why should you become a Regimental Commander?:

I've been in the XO positions twice now, I am a current BCMD as well as a Jedi General as well as a Head Admin, I am an extremely experienced individual I've spent 10 months in this community and have enjoyed those 10 months severely due to the positions I've held I believe I am ready to join the high command and lead the regiment which I have been for the past 4 months or so, My omega squad term ends in 3 weeks or so and I do not have any plans with re-applying for Omega as I feel my squad is at its peak, having a full squad + Jedi roughly every day despite having 3 eastern and 2 western players. I feel like I've managed to do everything I set out in omega squad which means I do not wish to apply for another term because I do not wish to leave in the middle of my term, I'd rather give someone the opportunity to run a full turn instead of my slacking, with this in mind I feel that there is no other position for me besides SOBDE regimental so here I am. I am very passionate about the recent additions to SOBDE including the RC outreach and the possibility of SO becoming SOBDE and I will pledge myself to help and aiding SOBDE in any way I can.

Do you understand the lore of your regiment?:

Of course

Availability:

Whenever I get back from college, I finish at different hours everyday so it really depends but I can stay on pretty much all day after that.

Give a brief overview of your achievements on the server: my highest achievements on the server are as follows:

Head Admin

Trainer Manager

Gamemaster Officer

Omega Squad Niner

Foxtrot XO

212th XO

104th COL

10 Month Synergy Player

Do you have a microphone?: Yes

Where do you want your regiment to be at the end of your term?:  At the end of my term I would like to accomplish the following:

1. Make sure my position as Regimental commander is utilized correctly - a huge part of this position is the support it offers, although this support is available at all times Squad Leads may not be aware of the support it may offer or otherwise may not feel comfortable with utilizing this support, If i was granted this position I would make sure that Squad Leads are informed of my services and I would make sure to overlook them even when they don't directly request my aid in certain situations, despite saying this SOBDE is not like other regiments and it doesn't always need a regimental to run so I will make sure to give the squad leads the space they need when running their squads.

2. Improve relations and teamwork with other battalions outside of the regiment - SOBDE as a whole is pretty close, so increasing relations within the regiment isn't necessary but on the other hand, improving relations with other battalions through the recently added RC outreach is something I will strive for during the first term as Regimental.

3.. Continue to eliminate  the elitist behavior (Not so much anymore but RC in the past has had a problem with the whole "prepare to fail attitude" and that should be abolished, not only does it make us look arrogant at the end of the day we are brothers here to aid each other and help those less skilled not rub it in their faces) as a regimental I will actively discourage this as I have in my own squad during my term.

4. Support the Addition to SO for SOBDE - although this is something out of my reach at this time and may not even be a thing, but if SO does get added I promise to support them during their transition to SOBDE, again as I've said t his might not even be a thing but due to speculation I'd thought I would address this

5. Continue to administer weekly training - Every since korm was Regimental we have administered 2 trainings a week which rotate between the squads weekly if i do get this position I will continue to administer this training as well as enforce its completion just as I have with my squad.

How do you plan to improve relations within your regiment?:

As I've stated SOBDE is very close and do not require improved relations, on the other hand, I will continue to support the RC outreach system in order to improve relations with battalions out of the regiment.

Do you understand that if you go inactive that you will be removed from your position?: Yes

Do you understand that your position has a two month term limit and you must reapply after two months to maintain your regimental commander rank?: Yes

tenor.gif?itemid=6231561

Former: Commander Cody (x2), ATK Regimental Commander, SOBDE Regimental Commander, 212th XO, Omega Squad Lead Niner, Foxtrot XO, General Kenobi, HA (x2) TRM, GMM, RUS MP Commander 

1 minute ago, meowthemeower said:

+1 you seem power hungry but I know you will do a great job if you get this sooo good luck

ps what’s wrong with being a little hungry for power?

There's a lot of things wrong with what you just said. But its fine, we all make mistakes.

+1, I know you can do a great job, my mate! @Nade Jones

• Friendly 1

I'm surprised to be honest. But I do have a question that will affect my vote on this. 

Question: How are you going to balance Obi-Wan Kenobi, Head Admin, Trainer Manager, AND SOBDE Regimental all together? Kenobi is a very demanding lore character due to the previous standards and previous Kenobi ;). HA & TRM are also demanding and at times will demand your attention somewhere else. 

How is it you will be able to maintain an active activity level with all these high positions?

Please do not give the occasional response of; "Oh, I only have 4 Squads and that frees up most of the time".  I'm looking for an actual answer.

• Agree 1
  • Winner 1
Banned

It be like that sometimes. +1 

r4ymo.gif

2 minutes ago, Andrews53 said:

How are you going to balance Obi-Wan Kenobi and SOBDE Regimental? Kenobi is a VERY demanding character due to its battalion and the standards that were set by the previous Kenobi.;) How will this affect your activity?

Isn't there a rule you can't be Jedi General+ and XO+?

14 minutes ago, Andrews53 said:

I'm surprised to be honest. But I do have a question that will affect my vote on this. 

Question: How are you going to balance Obi-Wan Kenobi and SOBDE Regimental? Kenobi is a VERY demanding character due to its battalion and the standards that were set by the previous Kenobi.;) How will this affect your activity?

Please do not give the occasional response of; "Oh, I only have 4 Squads and that frees up most of the time".  I'm looking for an actual answer.

I'm glad I was questioned on this, a huge huge huge part of my recent applications has been people questing my ability to manage these high up positions, my response to this is the following is: I've been here for 10 months and ever since I started I've always had the habit of taking on as many roles as I possibly could without dropping workload, you could state this is not a  good habit but I am a perfectionist who must always perform at the peak of my abilities, and having these roles enables me to perform at a standard which I set myself, having multiple roles allows me to not get burned out off my positions as I am able to cycle through them daily, Kenobi is very demanding meaning that this is my biggest challenge I have ever encountered on the server, which I am looking forward to because it will allow me to dedicate more time into CWRP as a whole in order to hit my criteria on both characters.

TLDR: I've been balancing major roles for 10 months now, and although this is going to require a more intense workload than before I am happy to dedicate the extra time into CWRP as a whole if that is required of me, pushing myself to my max is a huge part of my personality and with that being in said I will guarantee quality performances on both.

tenor.gif?itemid=6231561

Former: Commander Cody (x2), ATK Regimental Commander, SOBDE Regimental Commander, 212th XO, Omega Squad Lead Niner, Foxtrot XO, General Kenobi, HA (x2) TRM, GMM, RUS MP Commander 

+1

The best man in SOBDE for the job.

Nade had great conviction and dedication to not noly making his squad great, but is one of the few in SOBDE that I can see and put faith in as a great and capable leader.

This is it.

(its sad to see another victim of the SOBDE reg curse come, you had a good run Nade, but I'll leave my sorrows for your resignation in a few weeks)

• Funny 3

I'm not sure how this is going to pan out if I'm being 100% honest.

Nade you're an amazing dude, but balancing a sacred H.A spot, one of the most recognized lore positions (Obi Wan Kenobi) and a High Command Position seems too much, and yes, you are 'perfectionist' but I don't think this will help, because if anything it's going to make the situation worse.

Balancing everything is not and never will be a good Idea, I did it and I'm burnt out, everyone has done it, and it doesn't work.

I know you will be an amazing REG, I'm just not sure that you'll be able to put 100% into the position if you have to carry out priorities on other roles. 

Think of it.

H.A 

- Trainer Program Stuff (If you are a trainer)

- Game Master Stuff (If you are a game master) 

- Meetings

- Interviews (Staff apps, and I believe H.A's still type for CMD Interviews)

Kenobi

- 212th relations

- Working with 212th

- Attending Jedi meetings

- Hosting Trials

- Remaining active enough for the 212th

High Command

- SOBDE REG (Possibly the most boring of the 4 if you ask me) 

- Activity

- Working closely with squad leads

- Interviews (New squad leads)

I'm not sure about this, if you can do it then hats off to you..

[Neutral]

Edited by Freck
  • Friendly 1

British

Nade is and (hopefully) will forever be a good friend of mine. But Nade and I being friends won't change the fact that I strongly agree and believe him when he says that he can balance these positions well. He is extremely dedicated to all of his roles and does an amazing job at all of them. I have seen him firsthand be able to actively manage many different roles and manage them all well. I mean hell, the entire reason he left 212th is because he was being burnt out of only being able to focus his time on 1 thing. He does amazingly well when faced with this challenge.

That being said, I have 1 question @Nade Jones that I would like for you to answer on here so that others may see your response. Do you believe that your squad is strong enough to have someone else take the mantle of Niner while you are reg? If so, then how are you planning to support other squads if they ever run into a problem with leadership?

Big phat +1

• Friendly 1
10 minutes ago, Striker said:

Nade is and (hopefully) will forever be a good friend of mine. But Nade and I being friends won't change the fact that I strongly agree and believe him when he says that he can balance these positions well. He is extremely dedicated to all of his roles and does an amazing job at all of them. I have seen him firsthand be able to actively manage many different roles and manage them all well. I mean hell, the entire reason he left 212th is because he was being burnt out of only being able to focus his time on 1 thing. He does amazingly well when faced with this challenge.

That being said, I have 1 question @Nade Jones that I would like for you to answer on here so that others may see your response. Do you believe that your squad is strong enough to have someone else take the mantle of Niner while you are reg? If so, then how are you planning to support other squads if they ever run into a problem with leadership?

Big phat +1

Thanks for the feedback in regards to the question I believe that the current squad is strong, there has been a small issue with a certain member but he knows during this time he needs to step up and I am confident in that he will, in terms of taking the mantle of niner if I do get this position there are many capable people in SOBDE who I can see holding the squad lead position and obviously I will continue to support them as a regimental. And the 2nd part of your question I believe I can support the squads in the regiment due to my easy accessibility, as point one on my “where do you want your regiment to be after your term” I want the regimental position to be utilised correctly and due to my accessibility I want to provide all squad leads with the sense of security in that I am around almost 24/7 to aid any squad leads or members in any queries or questions they may have, of course I will be able to provide them with the answers they are looking for due to my extended knowledge and experience in SOBDE

• Agree 1

tenor.gif?itemid=6231561

Nade is one of the most competent people that I’ve met playing this game. Very approachable, very friendly, and a good person to have around. There was only one instance where your actions left a bad taste in my mouth but that was months ago and completely irrelevant to the applocation. Good luck man, you have my support.

+1

• Friendly 1
On 10/22/2018 at 2:02 PM, Andrews53 said:

Question: How are you going to balance Obi-Wan Kenobi, Head Admin, Trainer Manager, AND SOBDE Regimental all together? Kenobi is a very demanding lore character due to the previous standards and previous Kenobi ;). HA & TRM are also demanding and at times will demand your attention somewhere else. 

How is it you will be able to maintain an active activity level with all these high positions?

On 10/22/2018 at 2:16 PM, Nade Jones said:

I'm glad I was questioned on this, a huge huge huge part of my recent applications has been people questing my ability to manage these high up positions, my response to this is the following is: I've been here for 10 months and ever since I started I've always had the habit of taking on as many roles as I possibly could without dropping workload, you could state this is not a  good habit but I am a perfectionist who must always perform at the peak of my abilities, and having these roles enables me to perform at a standard which I set myself, having multiple roles allows me to not get burned out off my positions as I am able to cycle through them daily, Kenobi is very demanding meaning that this is my biggest challenge I have ever encountered on the server, which I am looking forward to because it will allow me to dedicate more time into CWRP as a whole in order to hit my criteria on both characters.

TLDR: I've been balancing major roles for 10 months now, and although this is going to require a more intense workload than before I am happy to dedicate the extra time into CWRP as a whole if that is required of me, pushing myself to my max is a huge part of my personality and with that being in said I will guarantee quality performances on both.

On 10/22/2018 at 2:00 PM, meowthemeower said:

+1 you seem power hungry but I know you will do a great job if you get this sooo good luck

My response has a few parts:

• Activity: Your currently holding 3 demanding roles. When questioned by @Andrews53 about your ability to balance these 3 demanding roles on top of an additional demanding role of SOBDE REG you're answer was essentially "I'm just going to work harder! and I cant get burned about because I can switch between all the roles I have." I feel you will not be able to effectively manage all of your positions there is a limit to the amount of time in a day. As well as having multiple roles does nothing to prevent you from being burned out.
  • Hoarding: As I stated previously you currently hold 3 roles, I don't believe its fair for you to hold 3 roles that have limited availability and then on top of that go for another position that has limited availability as well. We do not need power and positions concentrated with only a few players on this server.
  • Power: If what @meowthemeower has said is true, and your just using this as a stepping stone to get to Marshal then you don't need to hold this spot at all. 

In the end -1 leaning towards Neutral , My biggest issue is with you holding so many positions I doubt your ability to balance it all and regardless of your ability to manage it your still shutting out other players from those positions.  

• Funny 2

+1

I hope you all know Nade was juggling Niner, Some important Jedi Position, Senator (At one point), and whatever staff position he had at the time. I can reassure you this man knows what he's doing. He did all that shit and still managed to keep Omega fucking poppin asf. I have all the faith in Nade and his ability to maintain equal activity and attention towards his positions. Best of luck and I'll be back soon ;)

• Friendly 1