Having a New map for the Main Server

Pythin

Name:Pythin

Suggestion:Adding in a New Map

Implementation:Okay So Here is a reason why I am doing this. Like I have said in my other post I dont want to see this server crumble like a lot of others. This is one of the actual communities that I meh boys in, and I know everyone likes the Ship, and the warping and stuff like that, but I feel like we need a new map. To spread our creative minds out, and if it goes well I think SOBDE would like the space, you'll know what I mean in a minute. Any way this a base on a foresty like planet. Has 5 floors, and can support the regiments and some naval. It has a temple away from the clones so if the jedi wanna do there thing they can, and when they wanna see the clones they can just  ride over. IT has 2 offside bases. both look the same, but one has a tunnel that you can blow open to get into, and the other is near the main base(thats were sobde could go). Its nice and succluded. I talked to the map guy and says it can run good with 30 people, and there is some issues at 70, but there problems he says is like the ones we have with the venator. its just a big map. So I know it can hold ours.We will just have to check, and If this map doesnt work I will still try and find more. Hope you guys like it

Workshop content if applicable:https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1484040415
(If no workshop content, suggest a developer or put "Require Development")

Here are some screenshots

052a560f2b2563b795d8a54b7f6a4d43.png

SOBDE BASE

c3274900345ec43427ee75f5c70d1d4f.png

Jedi Temple. It has a Library,sparring room, bunks, council room, and a holocron vault

73db4aa08e0b94e07edc5bd8ba7efb5c.png

Overview of the base. Has 6 Helipads, 5 floors, 6 towers looking over, 2 hangars that lower into another hangar, and 5 floors. here are what on them all

e6fcd7092594c45630326c35d232b048.png

Inside of the hangars

98ab355d9e8d0985326d5e18d792838a.png

5th and 4th floor look like this, and have some bunk areas, and walk ways to get to those towers

Couldnt get a picture of Engine Room but it is not that big, but still looks good. Trust me.

d7b0eea167c571ba681f2bc0b0c34d95.png

Briefing Room

Next is 2nd Floor

c72d39398873e73bcf8f74add37f2351.png

Has a bar

0e2e489a610ea10fa1d46b56b8c59879.png

94f900ad919299c84cc51e71d610cf4c.png

78e76572991e09eabf211376b69e67ec.png

Med Bay 

71a11ed84e22bb8483e081264ac1df7a.png

23d1f0d29a4057158a314a6cb6365032.png

Brig and it also has bunks for CG

018d4cb368ed622656312836157ac190.png

Has Showers Lol

78332504cd44934f1824cd4db7e1b7bf.png

Bunk for Pilots and Engineers. COuld be the ENg/what ever training room

dc484d625e5e50cb499aed0a9140d9e2.png

Here are what the bunks Look like. It also has a meet area as well for the battalion

Next is Whats on the bottom floor

49101c58ebfcf8cea8ca6b9bf10f73f5.png

Storage area

d3bd2fa714c20dc31306efc0dca746b2.png

SIM Room, and that has a overview

b3bf0416df10de5136b4df2d1a78f010.png

Training Room

10d44ed05044d3472e4feb78e497a518.png

Last another SIm Room

I hope you guys like it

Former: Liaison

8 minutes ago, Zyner said:

This is the same map we tried before, there's something about it that causes people to randomly crash or not even be able to join the server.

That happens with a lot of maps though

If It is a Bug. I am talking with the mapper to see if it can be fixed. And If It Cant I will continue to search for a decent map

Edited by Pythin

I seriously doubt it has something to do with the map because i have  a Mac from 2008 that runs it BEUITUFLLY, it was most likely the server restart glitch but was interpreted to be “unoptimized” 

+1 i loves this map

Edited by Hero
Banned

+1 but please contact the mapper to see about the crashing issues

2 minutes ago, Arroyo said:

-1 Theres really no point of changing the map. This can be a lot of work just changing maps.

still have permaprops for this map saved btw

Banned

Base Ops? Does that mean I can start saying BASE OPS IS OPPRESSIVE!

28 minutes ago, Sinister said:

I loved this map and personally had absolutely no issues with it performance wise. 

Being optimized on singleplayer and being optimized on a 128 player server are two different cases...

• Agree 1

tenor.gif?itemid=6231561

Former: Commander Cody (x2), ATK Regimental Commander, SOBDE Regimental Commander, 212th XO, Omega Squad Lead Niner, Foxtrot XO, General Kenobi, HA (x2) TRM, GMM, RUS MP Commander 

This map crashed anyone that went near the Jedi temple, I didn't experience a crash until an hour into building but eventually the majority of people had crashed once and Jedis consistently.

(From what I can tell it started happening at 60+ players)

@Tyzen Can tell you more about that end.

It's a good map but if it has the risk of crashing people consistently we ain't touching it with a 10 foot pole

+1 Literally hate being on a venator for so long.

HOWEVER I was told we were already having a new custom base map literally being made as we speak and should be done like in a month or something. Not sure if I was memed about this, but I know a Community this size can afford a custom map lol soooo.

I was in Dooms Unit for a little while.

yeah the map crashed everyone that was at the jedi temple for what ever reason

I think mostly because of the crashes cause of how it was not optimized at all so it would load everything while at the jedi temple instead of chunks

Edited by Tyzen
2 hours ago, Nade Jones said:

Being optimized on singleplayer and being optimized on a 128 player server are two different cases...

I’m aware.

I was on the server when we had this map and while everyone was crashing, I was not and had no issues. That’s why I said personally I had no issues. I’m aware that other people did. I wasn’t talking about singeplayer. I was just commenting that I liked the map layout. 

Edited by Sinister
  • Retired Founder

@Pythin
So, we were on this map for about two hours.
To many crashing issues and lag as stated, unless this can get a solid optimization.. and I mean, a HARDCORE optimization. It's just not going to work. 

It was sweet with a few players, as we hit 60+ it became a laggy mess and caused users to crash over and over.

28 minutes ago, Zim said:

@Pythin
So, we were on this map for about two hours.
To many crashing issues and lag as stated, unless this can get a solid optimization.. and I mean, a HARDCORE optimization. It's just not going to work. 

It was sweet with a few players, as we hit 60+ it became a laggy mess and caused users to crash over and over.

The guys is optimizing it for me. I Gotchu fam

3 hours ago, Twelves said:

There are already enough garbage events on the server ON SHIP, I wouldn't want to log on to getting attacked by retarded forest sporgs.

Also this is Star Wars The Clone Wars, literally troops were always on a ship, also icefuse does this shit and their events are garbage.

Ok but let’s think abt it, if we just suddenly change to a ground map it’s gonna take a while for GM’s to figure out what’s possible. I think this way it allows for GM’s to use this as kinda like a test run for the future upcoming ground map

On 9/25/2018 at 2:09 AM, Twelves said:

There are already enough garbage events on the server ON SHIP, I wouldn't want to log on to getting attacked by retarded forest sporgs.

Also this is Star Wars The Clone Wars, literally troops were always on a ship, also icefuse does this shit and their events are garbage.

idk if you know this but getting attacked by retarded forest sponges on a planet is MUCH better than getting attacked by most anything on a venator. Venator maps have been sucky and stale since we left rishi moon. It's ok guys, June 1st. Actually though, literally anything over extensive please. +1

Edited by Egg
  • Agree 1

I have been playing CWRP for about 3 years now. I started with SUP and switched to several servers after a couple of years. I have never once found a server that has an amazing ground map. If that was to happen it would probably end up revitalizing some players that have burnt out with venators to come back. If it gets optimized and runs good then fuck yeah +1

Former Boss, Former Fixer, Former Sev

Former Jaing, Former Prudii

Former Bardan Jusik/Skirata

Former SOBDE Regimental Commander 

As previous people have said if the map maker does optimize it this has my full +1 

I'm sick and tired of playing on a fucking Venator. Nothing against the GMs, there's just only so much you can do as far as events are concerned until it becomes the same event rehashed over and over.  Event server events like the one Jackson was running on Friday, when run as well as that one, are so much fun I forget I'm playing Gmod.

• Agree 1
  • 4 weeks later...