[DIRECTORS] Fixing all this pilot shit

Nade Jones

Name: Nade | Lux | Karius

Suggestion: Make the pilot job a bodygrouper for every trooper so whenever they want to fly or do anything such as maintenance or any other Pilot RP they can use the bodygrouper just like the Snowtrooper model. This will mean 104th will no longer need to have a pilot job and can have something else instead

Implementation: adding an extra model to the job models code (corresponding Battalions of course)

Lore: Well every battalion had pilots (If im not wrong) so it would be fitting.

Workshop content if applicable: Pretty sure we have all the Pilot Models. although it may be a pain for Kyle/Gideon to do new ones eventually.

Add or Change: change

Job: All trooper jobs (there might be some exceptions depending on batt pilot lore)

Model: pilot model

Weapons: same weapons as before

Other: n/a

• Agree 1

tenor.gif?itemid=6231561

Former: Commander Cody (x2), ATK Regimental Commander, SOBDE Regimental Commander, 212th XO, Omega Squad Lead Niner, Foxtrot XO, General Kenobi, HA (x2) TRM, GMM, RUS MP Commander 

+1 good idea 

Spoiler

2ndAC Parjai-4 WO BadDog

Former:   Head Admin |TCO Commander Kix Mechanized Regimental Commander Obi Wan Kenobi Battalion Commander Cody | Wolfpack Commander Comet |104th Jedi Master Plo Koon |TRD |GMD | Overseer | 2ndAC Commander Barlex SO Major DU Commander |Waxer Foxtrot Adi Gallia Quinlan Vos Skywalker Consular leader Shadow leader Guardian Leader Gray Jedi Master Commodore Wilhuff  tarkin 

7 minutes ago, Zyner said:

How would you prevent non-pilot trained from sneaking into a ship?

We couldnt really have a way to prevent it before. Only battalion tha could prevent it was 104th.

Edited by IKE
9 minutes ago, Zyner said:

What about the Naval doc with who is ATC trained, etc?

They could still do this now with the callsigns if the suggestion is accepted, to my understanding they will still have callsigns

1 hour ago, IKE said:

We couldnt really have a way to prevent it before. Only battalion tha could prevent it was 104th.

Yo IKE, @Zyner is right, you are supposed to look up their callsigns. There are reason for us saying “Checking callsign” its not only for RP, ive denied many for that reason who fake their callsigns. 

Otherwise, +1.

43 minutes ago, Firat said:

Yo IKE, @Zyner is right, you are supposed to look up their callsigns. There are reason for us saying “Checking callsign” its not only for RP, ive denied many for that reason who fake their callsigns. 

Otherwise, +1.

Im not saying that he is wrong, I know we check callsigns, Im just saying we would still check the persons callsign if we get new models cause his point is how would we know if the perosn is actually a pilot

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Ree not all battalions had dedicated pilots. Not really considering that fact, neutral. What about battalions like 104th that chose to keep their pilot jobs and now lose that speciality of theirs, are they going to get to pick a different job? Kinda makes their choice to be the battalion to keep pilots useless

104th DO NOT CONTROL EVERY VEHICLE.

Other battalions have pilots. They can be special in other ways

• Disagree 5
27 minutes ago, Arroyo said:

They can be special in other ways

You under estimate how often104th is used in terms of being specialized in something, we almost always get tossed aside for reasons.

Also, while we don't control all vehicles we do have access to use them all for being Mechanized, but we respect the priority rule (Ex. 41st gets AT-RTs first then us / 91st gets Speeders first then us).

-----

This suggestion will require the approval of@Chop considering this would force a change to a Battalion you have no power over.

• Agree 4
  • Disagree 1

Like Doc said, we chose to still have pilots due the fact of of course people wanting to fly. As multiple people have stated this would take away a big thing from 104th considering a lot of people join 104th purely based on later becoming a pilot. I will have to -1 considering this is an entire job and regiment within 104th and lots of time and effort have been put in by certain individuals to make it good. 

And just to remind people. Other people can indeed fly. You just won't have a pilot job.

Edited by Chop
  • Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

Not a Medal of Valour recipient 

1 hour ago, Arroyo said:

104th DO NOT CONTROL EVERY VEHICLE.

Other battalions have pilots. They can be special in other ways

104th does not control every vehicle.  So don't make it sound like we do. 41st AT-RT's and 91st speeders as Zyner has already stated

Edited by Chop

59 minutes ago, Chop said:

Like Doc said, we chose to still have pilots due the fact of of course people wanting to fly. As multiple people have stated this would take away a big thing from 104th considering a lot of people join 104th purely based on later becoming a pilot. I will have to -1 considering this is an entire job and regiment within 104th and lots of time and effort have been put in by certain individuals to make it good. 

And just to remind people. Other people can indeed fly. You just won't have a pilot job.

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Okay, I don’t think you understand what I’m saying. I am NOT saying that no other battalion can fly. I AM saying that 104th is the only battalion with a FULLY DEDICATED PILOT JOB that we chose to keep because we already have two nakedness pilots. That’s one of our jobs we chose to keep with the changes, and now it seems that the decision made is becoming pointless if every job will get a pilot bodygrouper. 

Tl;dr, while all battalions can have pilots, 104th is the only battalion with a pilot job and this suggestion would seriously need @Chops approval as this would overrule one of 104ths differences from other battalions

-1 All reasons stated

unknown.png

54 minutes ago, Chop said:

No offense the whole job thing is dumb, I understand it looks cool to have pilot under your name but how many people actually have that whitelist in the 104th when in any other battalion you can fly as any job. And in terms of all thing effort towards the pilot regiment ask 212th how they organise their pilot program without a single pilot job (excluding the named character oddball) there really wont be any minus sides for the 104th if this gets accepted you guys will be able to continue running the pilot regiment and also recieve an extra job to use for another function, all it will do is remove the restriction so you can be a pilot alongside something else which again I believe is a plus side.

tenor.gif?itemid=6231561

Former: Commander Cody (x2), ATK Regimental Commander, SOBDE Regimental Commander, 212th XO, Omega Squad Lead Niner, Foxtrot XO, General Kenobi, HA (x2) TRM, GMM, RUS MP Commander 

6 minutes ago, Nade Jones said:

No offense the whole job thing is dumb, I understand it looks cool to have pilot under your name but how many people actually have that whitelist in the 104th when in any other battalion you can fly as any job. And in terms of all thing effort towards the pilot regiment ask 212th how they organise their pilot program without a single pilot job (excluding the named character oddball) there really wont be any minus sides for the 104th if this gets accepted you guys will be able to continue running the pilot regiment and also recieve an extra job to use for another function, all it will do is remove the restriction so you can be a pilot alongside something else which again I believe is a plus side.

A lot of people do in fact have the pilot whitelist. Like I stated multiple people join the battalion purely for pilots. And surely if everyone can just fly without the job anyway why remove the speciality from 104th which is something we chose to keep but other battalions didn't want. This has happened before with other situations in where 104th had received something like the grappling hook and then everyone else wanted it. Same situation here, if battalions wanted to have a pilot job/body group so badly they should have kept them. I'm not willing to accept that 104th has something removed from it (which people join for) just to make other battalions have a pilot job/body group which they could of had but didn't choose to keep. 

And nor would I see this making any sense due to not all clones being pilot/pilot trained. Like I've said before, everyone can fly either way.

Edited by Chop
  • Agree 2

9 hours ago, Zyner said:

You under estimate how often104th is used in terms of being specialized in something, we almost always get tossed aside for reasons.

Also, while we don't control all vehicles we do have access to use them all for being Mechanized, but we respect the priority rule (Ex. 41st gets AT-RTs first then us / 91st gets Speeders first then us).

-----

This suggestion will require the approval of@Chop considering this would force a change to a Battalion you have no power over.

We always give you the Tanks first though :)

If you use the RC Shotgun you are automatically cringe.

20 minutes ago, Qal said:

+1,

How ever i think it should be  the enginer jobs that get this, becuse they have repair tool.

But then you are limiting Pilots to engineers? otherwise this suggestion would be useless.

tenor.gif?itemid=6231561

If you want your pilot skin then get the pilot job that you chose to remove. As stated before 104th is the only battalion that chose to keep their pilot job even though everyone else chose to remove their pilot job for something else. I have seen it in chat multiple of times "Why does only 104th have pilot jobs?" and I said the same thing every time "We kept our job while everyone else wanted to be a little less immersive and remove theirs.", I see this as another change that is forced upon 104th. 104th already lost plenty of stuff because of others jealousy, time for the 104th to demand priority for all vehicles then but that wouldn't be logical because even though 104th are mechanized and could drive anything 104th let others use their specialization while they get tossed around with everything from tank driving, pilots to negotiating.

I was Warthog when the others chose to remove their pilot jobs (I think, can't remember) and since we kept our job I wanted it to be used so I made a demand stating "All 104th pilots have to use the pilot job unless you are a Wolfpack named character". I believe that they want to keep their pilot job so if you want to get a pilot skin then change a job you already got to a pilot job. -1

Edited by Extinzion
Forgot to but a -1 or +1
  • Agree 1

| Another one of those pesky OGs |

| Forums residentsleeper |

I'm going to have to heavily +1 this, all battalions should have this bodygroup as it will help with immersion and just make it a bit cooler for everyone. And for those of you saying that 104th will lose a Job and a specialization, look at it as an opportunity to get a new job. As for the specialization you guys do have to realise that just means that A, you would get priority over others in it and B, you guys are better in that overall. For example, the 212th is an attack battalion. We specialize in well attacking. That DOES NOT mean that other battalions suck at attacking an area or that they can never attack anything. That just means that we would ussually get the job of attacking something and we are just better at it. Same thing with 104th, you guys have priority over vehicles and negotiating. That doesn't mean that other battalions can't do it, that just means that you guys would get it first and be better at it.