[DIRECTORS] Actually punish people who join and insult others with racial slurs and other hate speech.

Repent

Name: Repent/Hound

Suggestion: Actually punish people who join and insult others with racial slurs and other hate speech.

Implementation: I have seen over the many, many hours I have been on the server several people be banned for up to (30) days for spoiling a silly movie but get a slap on the wrist (3) or (6) hours for racial slurs? I don't know about you all but i think that is completely backwards. I would like to see way harsher punishment for hate speech and other offenses it does not seem right for a community to allow these people to get off so light...
  On a even crazier note I have seen people get pulled by admins for calling people "minges" as people take offense to that and being threatened with kicks...If i had names i would use on here but I cant be bothered to remember everyones name feel free to comment below if you have felt this happen to you first hand.  If we are a welcoming community people need to be more direct with people who come in with hate speech or no intent to roleplay. I dont think they need a perma ban as some people can change but a harsher punishment to show we do not tolerate this behavior. 

Lore: N/A

Workshop content if applicable: N/A

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

So, on the main server, the ban is supposed to be 7 days. When someone is not able to be banned, they ban them for as long as they can and then put in a ban extension request in the staff discord and it is then handled by the proper people. If you are talking about in TS, this issue has come up before. If you are in a private channel and the channel rules allow it, then go nuts. From what I have read here, you also want to punish people for not actually doing anything and that is not really fair. -1 for being unnecessary and also people are already punished for this.

• Agree 3

Yeah, I made an arrest and got pulled because I explained the person who set the AOS claimed they were being a minge and breaking rules and such. So I put that in the AR report. Then got in trouble because I used the word minge "because it's oFfENSivE." Sorry but that's silly and overly sensitive. People all over the server have been using this word and now suddenly when CG uses it, it's an issue. C'mon. +1 Repent.

Its for the server and then it should be enforced because it really isnt enforced...trust me ive seen it happen more than once or admins come "warn" them.. sooo (7) days for racial slurs... (30) for movie spoilers..?  doesnt seem justified for the crimes.

Edited by Repent
  • Agree 1

@Carter I hear what your saying but (7) days for racial slurs and (30) over a stupid movie still makes sense to people? I just figured id throw the suggestion up and see what happens everyone has a right to an opinion. (IDK why this thing is copied above my post) lol

Edited by Repent

Just now, Repent said:

@Carter I hear what your saying but (7) days for racial slurs and (30) over a stupid movie still makes sense to people? I just figured id throw the suggestion up and see what happens everyone has a right to an opinion.

Some people take fandom seriously and I can see where the cause for concern comes from, mostly wanted to address the fact of the short bans you were speaking of.

7 hours ago, Repent said:

hate speech

We cant determine the line between an innocent joke/criticism and hate speech. Hypothetical situation, if I am training a CC and they are Russian (CYKA sterotype) and I go in /ooc Russians are so stupid, is that hate speech, or am I just annoyed at the specific individual? Ultimately cases of direct racism such as the N word, direct disrespect, etc. and honestly I doubt someone would even get banned for saying something like Cracker (while referring to someone else) :/ even though that becomes a double standard are what this post is referring to, yet there is no level of "horrendous" for each word so there is no way to justify a long ban for one or a short for another, multiple counts is a different case though and because of this... I believe dealing with all cases using a 7 day ban is just, because it does not give room for bias or how "bad" the word was, just a simple ban.

Typically if someone is saying extremely vulgar stuff, they say it several times in advert or something and that builds up the ban, so if its a one time offence it shouldn't extend to anything more than 7 days. Referring to the "dumb movie" ban for 30 days, when someone gets excited for months on end for a movie to release it sucks to get it all ruined by one simple message. This is much bigger than "offending" someone on the internet and rightfully has an extensive ban. 

-1 keep it at 1 week ban.

(its late so idk if this all makes sense completely, ill re read it later and touch up things if needed)

• Agree 3

:)

• Founder
Founder
32 minutes ago, Sock Monkey said:

We cant determine the line between an innocent joke/criticism and hate speech. Hypothetical situation, if I am training a CC and they are Russian (CYKA sterotype) and I go in /ooc Russians are so stupid, is that hate speech, or am I just annoyed at the specific individual? Ultimately cases of direct racism such as the N word, direct disrespect, etc. and honestly I doubt someone would even get banned for saying something like Cracker (while referring to someone else) :/ even though that becomes a double standard are what this post is referring to, yet there is no level of "horrendous" for each word so there is no way to justify a long ban for one or a short for another, multiple counts is a different case though and because of this... I believe dealing with all cases using a 7 day ban is just, because it does not give room for bias or how "bad" the word was, just a simple ban.

Typically if someone is saying extremely vulgar stuff, they say it several times in advert or something and that builds up the ban, so if its a one time offence it shouldn't extend to anything more than 7 days. Referring to the "dumb movie" ban for 30 days, when someone gets excited for months on end for a movie to release it sucks to get it all ruined by one simple message. This is much bigger than "offending" someone on the internet and rightfully has an extensive ban. 

-1 keep it at 1 week ban.

(its late so idk if this all makes sense completely, ill re read it later and touch up things if needed)

Honestly couldn't have said it better my self. 

Freck and I will discuss this matter. 

• Founder
Founder

I'm going to leave the post unlocked for a little bit since it is new and so that people can still place their opinions on here but it will be moved to pending tomorrow. 

Not sure to minus or plus one this, but in particular opinion I think that all staff should ban in an equal manner for any form of hate speech.  If some staff are being biased and not following a protocol of equal ban lengths, then that person should not be staff.  In regards to someone spoiling a movie and receiving  a 30 day ban, I do believe that is outrageous.  I don't think that's worth the crime at all.  Just my two cents.

People Who Put Their Former Ranks In Their Signature Are Idiots!

spacer.png
Community Liaison - Discord Boo Radley#2719

Feel free to message me if you're having any issues!

• Founder
Founder

Suggestion Pending

• 2 weeks later...
  • Founder
Founder

This suggestion is being moved to denied

The current punishment guidelines will remain