Combat Engineers Dooms Unit

Chambers

Name: Battalion Commander Doom /Chambers

Suggestion: Changing our Engineer job to Combat Engineer

Implementation: Name change and the addition of detonators/flash grenade  

Lore: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Doom's_unit
wQLqpnmbNBK0T-QwDPNukTlVIvo_fv96M-OLjE3bgYmUAGhmzor9v9fmbDZi3mM3Hk7Vo0kxi2dK8Vnc-potJYAVn2dwHWsi3vRvA8G6CPzdadLl0wnL36p7GyPyGfFMUVI0Buda
Workshop content if applicable: Just needs to be added to the job and job name change
(If no workshop content, suggest a developer or put "Require Development")

If you are asking to add or change a job, fill out the following

Add or Change: Change

Job: ENG

Model: N/A

Weapons: Stun Grenade/Flash bang/Detonators (Grenade)

Other:

The Ion grenades stunned RC in the republic commando game

This is something that we have wanted to add to the battalion for awhile and is actually lore friendly (Unlike SS) Dooms Unit utilized grenades in conjunction with our shields to clear the path for our allies behind us.

The current idea is this: Making EOD and Tech training mandatory for the job and you will not be whitelisted for the job until you have received this training by Galactic Marines.

There will also be a rank requirement of at least SGT until you are able to be accepted into the Combat Engineers ranks.

They will also only spawn with one grenade to prevent “grenade spam”

The Ion grenades were able to affect clones (See RC game)

https://i.imgur.com/DUxin4i.mp4

We are supposed to be engineers but we have more purview than just fixing stuff so I think adding the “Combat Engineer” title will allow us to be more flexible and use our lore weapons.

Gonna be honest, this doesn't really seem like a great idea. And if we wanna bring lore into this, EVERYONE used grenades. And I mean ALL clones came standard with nades in their belt. Even the cylinder on the back of the belt is an explosive device. -1

• Coordinator
Coordinator

-1 No one should have these grenades not even rc

1 hour ago, woeny23 said:

-1 No one should have these grenades not even rc

God damnit Derv!

Personal Opinion: Personally I think DU as a whole has a LOT more things on the server then other battalions, this just adds to that list.

Tester Opinion: Grenades can be iffy at times, also a whole battalion having them would not go well.

Pros: An attraction for DU.

Cons: Grenades are known for being glitchy, Having a whole battalion with them will not be good, could potentially crash the server which we DO NOT need.

Overall: -1

Literally almost every clone had the accessibility to any sort of grenades. Dont see why DU would be the special of the bunch. 

This would  be me making the equivalent of asking for flashbangs on CG because they're security so they can breach and clear. giphy.gif

1 hour ago, J.Jefferson said:

Yeah, but they have to go through some sort of tryout or get some rank in the battalion to become one.

"

The current idea is this: Making EOD and Tech training mandatory for the job and you will not be whitelisted for the job until you have received this training by Galactic Marines.

There will also be a rank requirement of at least SGT until you are able to be accepted into the Combat Engineers ranks. "

Cough COugh

7 hours ago, Carter said:

Has a bunch of shit, only has 2 jobs troopers can be keck.

And? Those two trooper jobs have more shit than most battalions. You have a z6 for all troopers, a shield, extra health AND armor, and you're complaining that you don't have enough? C'mon now

Pros: Grenades could gives attraction to your battalion.

Cons: Grenades could be abused easily.

Opinion: I think detonators would be fine but grenades are not. Also why would doom need flash grenades that seems like a CG Riot thing(Yes I am Riot, but I do not think we should get flash grenades).

+1 Name change and detonators. -1 Grenades

2 minutes ago, Thexan said:

Grenades and dets alike shouldn't be given to classes, (Depends on the RC EOD at the time.) The sky's the limit here, and honestly, I like the hustle to get stuff for your battalion, but think more practical.

Just throwing things out there until they stick.

Personal opinion: Seems kinda unneeded and would cause more server crashing.

Tester opinion: Wouldn't be hard to add but server performance may be an issue

Pros: More lore friendly and possibly more RP

Cons: Could cause a lot of issues with server crashing and just lag in general

Overall: -1

22 hours ago, Esitt said:

God damnit Derv!

Personal Opinion: Personally I think DU as a whole has a LOT more things on the server then other battalions, this just adds to that list.

Tester Opinion: Grenades can be iffy at times, also a whole battalion having them would not go well.

Pros: An attraction for DU.

Cons: Grenades are known for being glitchy, Having a whole battalion with them will not be good, could potentially crash the server which we DO NOT need.

Overall: -1

This pretty much sums up what I was going to say. 

• Agree 1

spacer.png

-1, detanstors shouldnt really be given out to anyone because they can easily crash the server. And flash Grenades would be more annoying than flamethrowers and also would be really mingy. Maybe try getting something that fits more with DU’s theme of heavy weapons and stuff.

• Retired Founder
On 4/12/2018 at 10:48 PM, Egg said:

Gonna be honest, this doesn't really seem like a great idea. And if we wanna bring lore into this, EVERYONE used grenades. And I mean ALL clones came standard with nades in their belt. Even the cylinder on the back of the belt is an explosive device. -1

ᴇɢɢ ɪs ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴅᴏɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇsᴇ ғᴏʀ ᴍᴇ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜɪs ᴘᴏɪɴᴛ.

ᴅᴇɴɪᴇᴅ.

• Agree 1