Switch Doom's Unit to Specialized

Nyon

Name: Nyon | Darman

Suggestion: I believe that Doom's unit should be moved into Specialized Battalions, not only were they not in SOBDE, but there are tons of people in it, seems out of place in SOBDE.

Implementation: They would literally have no changes what so ever. Doom's Unit can stay on 4th floor during events.

Lore: They were not listed as SOBDE, they were not even mentioned in popular units or special ops unit, I honestly don't see any reason for them to be in SOBDE.

• Agree 1

I think that DU is fine as SOBDE. The regiment is SOBDE after all, rather than RC. Just because we aren't RC doesn't mean we can't be SOBDE. I don't necessarily feel that we should be a massive battalion with hundreds of people, although having 25 people on at the same time is not a bad thing. Just because we are big doesn't mean that we aren't SOBDE. SOBDE doesn't stand for "small battalion." It demonstrates that we are the best of the best at what we do, and we are just that. Our shields, bonus armor, and widespread Z-6s across the battalion is what makes us SOBDE. Not just that, but the hard work and time so many members of Dooms Unit invest into our battalion and our success. I think any sane, active person on the server knows that DU is a special operations brigade, not just specialized. Of course, there are a few people who need to be straightened out, and that will always be an issue for any battalion with the ability to prop kill, but we are SOBDE, and I plan on carrying out that responsibility. There will always be things a battalion does right and wrong. I think changing us to specialized battalions rather than SOBDE would be a mistake. For that reason I have to give this a massive...

Being a large battalion, or unit in our case, does not mean we lose our title as special operations brigade. This post honestly just seems like another complaint that basically says "oh DU is too big for a dead battalion." I disagree with your suggestion, and if it truly didn't matter, you wouldn't be making this post.

P.S. I think we are closer to Null and RC than GM and RM.

Edited by Deadly
Added a PS
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Current: Just Some Guy
Former: Senior Admin | TRO x2MAJ | Styles | Rys | CG x3 | Thire  | 21st x3 | Guardian Manager | Alpha-98 Nate | Sith Apprentice | Many more battalions  Serra Keto [9 Months] | TGML [9-10 Months] | TGL | Knight 8

That wasn't my main point, I don't care if you guys are too big, it was more of a supporting points, The main point is that you guys WEREN'T SOBDE, to reply to dragon, then throw spec ops in they are more suitable because they are supposed to be in SOBDE in lore

I love Doom's Unit, don't get me wrong, but what is wrong with specialized? You guys are specialized

"Being a large battalion, or unit in our case, does not mean we lose our title as special operations brigade. This post honestly just seems like another complaint that basically says "oh DU is too big for a dead battalion." I disagree with your suggestion, and if it truly didn't matter, you wouldn't be making this post. "

That was not my main point, it is lore reasons, and for you to assume my meaning of the post is kind of offensive honestly, I never want to see a battalion dead, Why would I call you a dead battalion, you guys have 12 on at like 3 in the morning.

You guys are aren't close to RC and Null, and you aren't Close to GM and RM, which is why you are specialized, no battalion is the same, medics are different from CG, and other in there, but for post size sake I will leave the other examples out.

Edited by Nyon
9 minutes ago, Nyon said:

You guys are specialized

We're  all special in our own way, but that doesn't convince me to stop being SOBDE. The biggest difference since we became SOBDE is that we no longer do Rank transfers, which has pretty much been a great thing. Also, I plan on making our tryouts much more difficult in the near future, not to necessarily decrease numbers, but to get BETTER members in our battalion. I'd like to stay SOBDE.

9 minutes ago, Nyon said:

That was not my main point, it is lore reasons, and for you to assume my meaning of the post is kind of offensive honestly, I never want to see a battalion dead, Why would I call you a dead battalion, you guys have 12 on at like 3 in the morning.

Sorry, wasn't trying to be offensive; it just seems like everyone's got a complaint to hand in regarding DU lately.

Either way, my mind's already made up regarding this suggestion. Still a -1 from me.

Edited by Deadly
4 minutes ago, Jax said:

Just like JB said SPEC is already a big boy.

I am not saying they should, but if it were to be put into specialized, then maybe put GM in Attack, since they were known to participate in outer rim sieges, and even lead a direct assault on Mygeeto

Edited by Nyon

+1 

Jesus Christ, can people make up there minds?

Is SOBDE RC/Null only or is there more? 

Can people just make up their mind? Please?

Anyways, rant aside, really no reason to keep them in SOBDE. The sheer difference etween DU and the squads should keep them out of SOBDE.

DU is not a stealth battalion that takes high profile operations. Without those, it makes ZERO sense for them to SOBDE. Elitiness doesn't matter in this. The GOAL, the STATIGIES of the battalion differ too much from those of the squads.

If we were doing this off elitiness, GM would be there. Not DU. Period. Sorry guys, GM is simply the elite.

And even lorewise it makes. Zero. Sense. Lore got really important for a while, and then DU went into SOBDE and that kinda went out the window.

There is zero logical way in which DU being in SOBDE makes sense.

Edited by Captin_Blackfire

Don't see the reason why they were even placed there in the first place. They were put in there because Joah said that they were supposed to operate as a small squad apparently, which we can see not just on our own server but in the show which their cannon comes from, that is not the case at all. When they were originally placed into SOBDE kind of randomly honestly, and described as being "literally the same thing as RC" which I think we can all agree isn't exactly the case. 

+1 Overall it makes zero sense for DU to be in SOBDE, I could see other battalions filling the shoes a lot better, not due to DU being bad or anything, they've got their own set of skills, I just think lore wise and what they have to their disposal it isn't much of a match for the other units in SOBDE.

I’m neutral on this matter, but I want to say that we need to chill with throwing battalions into different branches of the server. It’s getting to a point that someone is going to get whiplash. Like really, we have five branches with CG being in its own branch by itself. Then we consolidated to four, and DU kind of being the odd child out. So while I agree that ya DU should be moved, I think a one for one is somewhat in order since we want to reshuffle again. Here I’m speaking for myself and not for oxen and the rest of my higher ups, but if you think of it, GM would be a decent switch for DU. My reasoning behind this is, in lore ,Bacara pushed his troops to be the best of the best. If they fail to do so then they were force out of GM. On top of that, GM fought on the most extreme climates in the outer rim, and fight in space. GM troopers are trained in every training available, and they did well if not are the best of their class.

but that is my two cents.

-PUCK

2 hours ago, Puck said:

Here I’m speaking for myself and not for oxen and the rest of my higher ups, but if you think of it, GM would be a decent switch for DU. My reasoning behind this is, in lore ,Bacara pushed his troops to be the best of the best. If they fail to do so then they were force out of GM. On top of that, GM fought on the most extreme climates in the outer rim, and fight in space. GM troopers are trained in every training available, and they did well if not are the best of their class.

I disagree entirely, DU stays in and we leave it where it is, as I don't have any  issue with it being there.

The only other reasonable option that I can see, is to move SO to SOBDE, as they were in lore, and then DU can trade regiments with them, as this is the 100% lore-friendly option.

But, like I said I'd prefer DU to stay SOBDE.

7 hours ago, Deadly said:

I disagree entirely, DU stays in and we leave it where it is, as I don't have any  issue with it being there.

The only other reasonable option that I can see, is to move SO to SOBDE, as they were in lore, and then DU can trade regiments with them, as this is the 100% lore-friendly option.

But, like I said I'd prefer DU to stay SOBDE.

I mean if we going by Lore Spec Ops, we would be an attack and stealth battalion, but nobody remembers POINT RAIN.

Developer
Just now, Kermit said:

-1 , We have shields and z-6's were SOBDE and we want to stay that way and also if we did switch we would to probally switch our battlestation on the 4th floor and Jayarr is a cool , and idk

1 minute ago, Maxxjj said:

-1 I like Jayarr

Dont speak of my name slaves, I do not exist in this discussion quite yet.

To address some of the latest comments, ignoring the fact that jayarr is a furry he is infact cool, but that makes no difference to the forum post he is regimental and this does nothing negative towards him. The cg have batons and arrest people, the medics have faster medkits, 104th have grappling hooks, how about we move them into SOBDE, we don't because they aren't in lore in SOBDE. Just because they are different doesn't mean they can be in SOBDE, again no offense to DU, I think you guys are great, just in lore not in SOBDE. Also you would be specialized if this is approved, you would be most likely stay on 4th floor ad it makes sense for defensive purposes, so don't worry about battlestations.

• Agree 1

+1 "Special operations are usually conducted in a low-profile manner that aims to achieve the advantages of speed, surprise, and violence of action against an unsuspecting target. Special ops are typically carried out with limited numbers of highly trained personnel that are adaptable, self-reliant and able to operate in all environments, and able to use unconventional combat skills and equipment. Special operations are usually implemented through specific, tailored intelligence." 

Sorry but Doom's Unit fits a different role in my opinion. 

Edited by Genji the Asian
  • Retired Founder

ɪ ᴀɢʀᴇᴇ ᴅᴏᴏᴍ sʜᴏᴜʟᴅ ɴᴏᴛ ʙᴇ sᴏʙᴅᴇ ᴀᴛ ᴀʟʟ. ʙᴜᴛ ғᴏʀ sᴏᴍᴇ ʀᴇᴀsᴏɴ ɪᴛ's ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ.
ᴀɴᴅ ᴍᴏsᴛ ᴠᴏᴛᴇs ʟᴇᴀᴅ ᴛᴏ ʟᴇᴀᴠɪɴɢ ɪᴛ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ...

sᴏ sᴀᴅʟʏ,
ᴅᴇɴɪᴇᴅ.