Synergy Ark Survival Ascended Server

Who is interested in playing ARK Survival Ascended?  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Founder
Founder

What up folks. I've been pretty interested in getting back into ARK ever since our last go-about with a Synergy ARK Survival Evolved server. I wanted to quickly gauge how many people would be interested in playing if I were to put up a server. The nature of the server is for fun this won't be a monetized server or anything like that, but rather a space for community members to come together and play the game.

I'm debating between putting up a full-blown server or just making a mega tribe on a pre-existing official or community server which could be a super fun idea as well.

The game is currently on sale on Steam (HOWEVER PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THIS NEW REMAKE IS EXTREMELY GRAPHIC INTENSIVE) If you have a potato for a computer I would not recommend purchasing it. 

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2399830/ARK_Survival_Ascended/

Like I said this post is mostly to gauge interest. If you'd like you can join the old Synergy ARK Discord: https://discord.gg/Cy6UJCU3XM

• Founder
Founder

Maybe we start as a mega tribe and ride it until we get raided. Then put the server up. Could be a fun venture.

Honestly it would be fun to do. Especially the fact it can help people not feel burned out on the gmod server. 

Edited by KillJoy

Current: Rancor Colt
Past spots: 501st XO, 501st CMD, 501st WO Appo, TC Hardcase, 332nd office, ATK Reg Purge, Keller Unit Vinnie, General Luminara, 41st GCO ARCL Draa, 3rd Crosshair on the Server, Hunter, Sith Marauder  TRO, GMM, VA x3. CIS Tac Droid, Guild Cabinet Member

The person who made a treaty with the sith as a clone 

Just now, Square said:

Maybe we start as a mega tribe and ride it until we get raided. Then put the server up. Could be a fun venture.

ASA is garbage. ASE would still be the better bet. ASA has too many performance issues alot of the people here wouldn't be able to play it. 

Longest Special Operations Member on the server.
 Current: Jedi Chief Instructor l Alpha 98 Nate
Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman l High General Shaak Ti
929b4e909812caa69dc35d62f2db974e.gif?ex=

• Founder
Founder
2 minutes ago, Mystic said:

ASA is garbage. ASE would still be the better bet. ASA has too many performance issues alot of the people here wouldn't be able to play it. 

They discontinued official servers for Survival Evolved. So would only work if we put up our own.

2 minutes ago, Square said:

They discontinued official servers for Survival Evolved. So would only work if we put up our own.

I assume with NXCore.gg that wouldn't be too much of an issue? Unless they dont support ARK. 

I just think that ASA is really just a graphics update. Alot of the issues from ASE are still prevalent 

Edited by Mystic

Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman l High General Shaak Ti

• Founder
Founder
Just now, Mystic said:

I assume with NXCore.gg that wouldn't be too much of an issue? Unless they dont support ARK. 

No, putting up a server is not an issue, I was merely pointing out that it would eliminate the other option which was the purpose of the poll.

3 minutes ago, Square said:

No, putting up a server is not an issue, I was merely pointing out that it would eliminate the other option which was the purpose of the poll.

ah gotcha. 

Honestly i'm for either, but i do think that going ASA is a bad route for the meantime. That's all i had feedback wise, my fault.

• Director
Director

All I am saying a full on Synergy ARK Server will be great. Imagine all the fun with the new stuff that is happening

• Director
Director
34 minutes ago, Gohn said:

All I am saying a full on Synergy ARK Server will be great. Imagine all the fun with the new stuff that is happening

Just tested Ascended out and my pc can't handle it :PepeHands:

• Pay Respect 1

• Founder
Founder
23 hours ago, Mystic said:

Played for 3 hours last night with 0 bugs or issues. Saying this now will probably jinx it though. I think they've been updating the game quite a bit.

• Informative 1
7 minutes ago, Square said:

Played for 3 hours last night with 0 bugs or issues. Saying this now will probably jinx it though. I think they've been updating the game quite a bit.

It varies from person to person depending on driver versions, installed applications in the background, region etc. It's definitely a game that can run well.  The reviews are a good reflection of the game right now. Majority of even the newest reviews flocking in are still negative. I just find its hardly ideal to make people pay 25 for a graphics update or 35 if they didnt own the game prior. 

However i see the benefit of ASA if you guys plan to add purchasables. Is that a possibility?

Sorry for the questions. I do remember the original Synergy ARK server, just never played it so i am unsure of how it ran in the past

Edited by Mystic

3 hours ago, Mystic said:

It varies from person to person depending on driver versions, installed applications in the background, region etc. It's definitely a game that can run well.  The reviews are a good reflection of the game right now. Majority of even the newest reviews flocking in are still negative. I just find its hardly ideal to make people pay 25 for a graphics update or 35 if they didnt own the game prior. 

However i see the benefit of ASA if you guys plan to add purchasables. Is that a possibility?

Sorry for the questions. I do remember the original Synergy ARK server, just never played it so i am unsure of how it ran in the past

So they didn’t have any purchases on the last ark server but it’s definitely possible on ASE but I’m unsure on how ASA works as I have not played it.

GM Leadership

Full on server would be so sick

Current:  41st BCMD Gree
Former: Rancor BCMD Blitz | SPEC RCMD | SOBDE BCMD | Anakin Skywalker | Plo Koon | Hunter | Echo | Muzzle | Alpha 17 | Guild LT

13 minutes ago, Luther said:

So they didn’t have any purchases on the last ark server but it’s definitely possible on ASE but I’m unsure on how ASA works as I have not played it.

If they plan to add $$$ items then it makes sense for ASA since it has longevity and sustainability/support. 

#removeARKserver #bringbackMilitaryRP 

Jokes aside, I personally don't think I'll ever play ARK due to how big the game is and how it can just chug my computer. It seems like a fun game but not for me. 

Current: Destiny 2 Sherpa Human Hunter Awoken Warlock Exo Titan 
Former: Blackout, Jet, COE x2

1 hour ago, Kurt said:

#removeARKserver #bringbackMilitaryRP 

Jokes aside, I personally don't think I'll ever play ARK due to how big the game is and how it can just chug my computer. It seems like a fun game but not for me. 

You can actually choose to not install things, my average ARK size is probably close to 70-80 gigs usually. There is also a technique online to further compress the game into about 30-40 gigs due to the poor ass optimization they used, It essentially compresses files until the game needs them/optimizes the asset files they use. It was a pretty popular trick back on Guild Wars 2

(if the embed/link isn't allowed to stay feel free to remove/edit my comment or hide it until i change it. Just wanted to link a reference, nothin else)

Edited by Mystic
  • Informative 1

All I'm going to add to this is that I understand that we get burnouts from Gmod and I know the feeling of being bored out of your mind with nothing else to do. But I do want to say that from my experience it has sometimes pulled away pop from synergy (not saying that this isn't a great idea and would be hella fun). As a community we have worked so hard to get the population going to where it's at now and recently I feel like it's almost starting to die out again. I would love to have something like this just because to have something else to do and it's a way for us to interact with people on synergy more, my idea for this could be like have whoever owns the server maybe bring it down 2-4 hours a day so stuff like this doesn't happen. Also, you could only have it open in the summertime and close it once the fall comes around (This is because everyone is out of school and pop on Gmod usually shoots right up a decent amount so having a few people that want to "main" the ARK server for a while won't hurt the pop as much as it would during the school year. BUT overall, I wouldn't mind something like this and would enjoy playing it. I would just like to have a few restrictions because I want to keep the pop on Gmod up throughout the time this ARK server is up.

• Winner 1