Altering Jedi Skill Points

Name: Cal Vossen

RP Rank: Shadow Lead, Knight Protectorate

Suggestion: Change in the way skill points are distributed after level 50. This way it will become much easier to get the full experience in each sub-branch. At the same time you can get the key-skills from the main branch. In example: You can still get through every skill tree node of the shadow skill tree, while also going a bit of the way into the sentinel tree to get Double Trouble, an ability that is key to the technique for which the Sentinel branch is famous. This would also help remedy the issue some branches currently have with their skills just outright not working, or being banned due to it impacting the server. I.E Sages Diamond Storm is banned currently due to lag when striking a vehicle. Cloak is banned for Shadows since it no targets you and the only fix is shadow striking while cloaked.

Implementation: start by granting 1 skill point every level up to level 50. From 51-100, grant 2 skill points per level.

Lore: Sub-Branches are apart of the main branch, so once you get into a sub branch you shouldn't lose your skills from the main branch. 

Workshop content if applicable: N/A

Edited by Baelfire
Had a weird background

Former Boss, Former Fixer, Former Sev

Former Jaing, Former Prudii

Former Bardan Jusik/Skirata

Former SOBDE Regimental Commander 

Veteran Admin

+1

Current: Yoda

Former: Shaak Ti | Arligan Zey Kit Fisto | Luminara Unduli | Jedi Military Advisor | Null-10 Lieutenant JaingNull-6 Lieutenant Kom'rk Bad Batch Echo Bad Batch Hunter 

jedi update when??? +1

Future Dev Team Assistant
Current:
CT PVT Alpha-14 Tec :sittingred:
Former: Fleet Admiral Wullf Yularen, Navy Clone Rear Admiral Tec, Chief of Engineering x2, Jedi Knight Etain Tur-Mukan, Null 7 LT Mereel , 104th Command Sergeant Major Command Sergeant Major, Intel Director of the 104th, Republic Navy, Coruscant Guard, 41st, and 501st, Admin, GM for a Week

59 minutes ago, Malakor said:

+1
This or increase the level cap to lvl150 so people can like he said can go into the sub branch if you're in one without losing your main branch stuff.

Bad take. At no point should anyone be able to full max 2 skill trees. That's broken as fuck. 

+1 so long as it doesnt let you fully go down 2 trees. Comboing things like Sentinel and Consular or Shadow and Consular would be busted

• Agree 1
  • Winner 1

Longest Special Operations Member on the server.
 Current: Jedi Chief Instructor l Alpha 98 Nate
Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman l High General Shaak Ti
929b4e909812caa69dc35d62f2db974e.gif?ex=

8 minutes ago, Mystic said:

Bad take. At no point should anyone be able to full max 2 skill trees. That's broken as fuck. 

+1 so long as it doesnt let you fully go down 2 trees. Comboing things like Sentinel and Consular or Shadow and Consular would be busted

In this sense it would be up to masters to police it and make sure they arnt going down stuff that is not in their branch. It was something we had to watch for back in the day when you could go down more then one tree. In this case it would just be 1 1/2 trees, mainly focusing on Consular and Sentinel since we have the sub branches with actual skill trees.

+1 It would be nice for Jedi to be able to go down a tree and a half also, it would give Shadow more skill points to go down other skill tree's after getting Shadow Strike so they can actually use cloaks and have the ability to be on the front line blocking bullets. I think this would be great for now since the prestige system does not work right now.

4 minutes ago, Baelfire said:

In this sense it would be up to masters to police it and make sure they arnt going down stuff that is not in their branch. It was something we had to watch for back in the day when you could go down more then one tree. In this case it would just be 1 1/2 trees, mainly focusing on Consular and Sentinel since we have the sub branches with actual skill trees.

you can still cross branch. You have a few leftover points to split among other trees, and can have up to 400 lightsaber damage with the right spread of sentinel/shadow. if this is just a suggestion to allow people to crossbranch further i dont really understand the point. Jedi already has the HP and Damage to make it better than clone. Add onto instant heals and invincibility moves such as Force Absorb, i think its why its been so limited 

Edited by Mystic

Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman l High General Shaak Ti

Lets be honest. The entire Jedi Force Power and Skill Tree system needs ripped apart and rebuilt. So +1 to any actual change to it

• Winner 1

Currently trying to not be a forum gremlin

Former Chancellor Palpatine | Former Yoda & Mace Windu | Former Shaak Ti & Anakin | Former Delta Squad Scorch | Former Mas Amedda | Former Director | Former Management

I'm going to -1 this it's made that way because if you play any game ever that allows skill points or a leveling system it meant to get harder to level up in general never mind getting skill points. I understand it's a little difficult but it's meant to be that way. 

I also want to add more on to the skill trees and force powers. There's only so much devs can do with that without causing issues with the server.  Every force power you do causes tick to drop a tiny bit just like when there's a bunch of droids shooting at you and you're shooting back it causes tick to drop due to the number of droids and players firing. Yall got to remember that GMOD only runs on a single core which limits the things that can be done without harming performance.

• Dumb 2
On 4/8/2024 at 4:22 PM, Mystic said:

you can still cross branch. You have a few leftover points to split among other trees, and can have up to 400 lightsaber damage with the right spread of sentinel/shadow. if this is just a suggestion to allow people to crossbranch further i dont really understand the point. Jedi already has the HP and Damage to make it better than clone. Add onto instant heals and invincibility moves such as Force Absorb, i think its why its been so limited 

If you fully go down shadow you have no left over points.

, if you want to add more skill trees and force powers,

On 4/10/2024 at 7:40 AM, Wheezy said:

I'm going to -1 this it's made that way because if you play any game ever that allows skill points or a leveling system it meant to get harder to level up in general never mind getting skill points. I understand it's a little difficult but it's meant to be that way. 

I also want to add more on to the skill trees and force powers. There's only so much devs can do with that without causing issues with the server.  Every force power you do causes tick to drop a tiny bit just like when there's a bunch of droids shooting at you and you're shooting back it causes tick to drop due to the number of droids and players firing. Yall got to remember that GMOD only runs on a single core which limits the things that can be done without harming performance.

I mean it's not that hard to level up I don't know what you're on about I prestige 3 times and got back to level 100 in a week or two tops. Also if you want to add more skill trees and force powers you probably want more skill points to get those powers. With 100 skill points as of right now you can only go down one skill tree max at most which isnt that powerful depending on what tree you go down. Aint no way you complaining about tick rate though when you spawned 120 droids on top of people inside Venator brig which brings down tick rate more than a force power.

• Bruh 1
3 hours ago, Srama said:

, if you want to add more skill trees and force powers,

I mean it's not that hard to level up I don't know what you're on about I prestige 3 times and got back to level 100 in a week or two tops. Also if you want to add more skill trees and force powers you probably want more skill points to get those powers. With 100 skill points as of right now you can only go down one skill tree max at most which isnt that powerful depending on what tree you go down. Aint no way you complaining about tick rate though when you spawned 120 droids on top of people inside Venator brig which brings down tick rate more than a force power.

Thats of constant jedi main tho but what ur saying here is pretty much impossible to do a month I would understand but 2 weeks is crazy and hard to believe

Head Admin

Does this require approval? If so, did @Super_give the green light?

• Pay Respect 1

Kaiser        Zeros        Clutch

spacer.png

16 hours ago, KaiserNeiner said:

Does this require approval? If so, did @Super_give the green light?

He has the support of 3 High Council members and it only requires Council+ approval.

Edited by Mystic
  • Informative 1

13 hours ago, Wheezy said:

Thats of constant jedi main tho but what ur saying here is pretty much impossible to do a month I would understand but 2 weeks is crazy and hard to believe

The whole point of this suggestion is FOR Jedi mains mainly who reach the level cap and are stuck on what abilities to pick due to lack of point available for them to play with since higher tier abilities cost 5+ skill points and you need to unlock all 3 on the row to move further 

• Confused 1

Current: | Rancor General Branch Overseer Shaak Ti

Former: Null 6 LT Kom’rk| Rancor Jedi TU Commander Knight Halsey | Rancor Alpha General Master Kit Fisto |Rancor Alpha General Branch Overseer Kit Fisto

On 4/10/2024 at 7:40 AM, Wheezy said:

I don’t think you fully understand what the suggestion is. But to try and explain  this after level 90 you need around a million exp to level up and it only increases as you go further leading it to infact get harder as we progress. Just like the average level up game the more Levels  you get the more skills points you can gain, Jedi currently dont have that  option.

Also hitting the 2nd part of your reply you talk about the devs and what they can do for powers with causing issue to the server? Not sure what you mean by that 100% but specifically targeting the tick issue. Very few force abilities actually affect server performance to where it’ll be noticeable with the most noticeable ability being Force repulse if it’s gets charged a massive amount. More importantly if we’re at the point where Jedi powers are affecting tick rate then the issue isn’t on Jedi but rather the Game masters and helpers that are spawning way to may Npcs/ entities 

Edited by Vortexuss
  • Informative 1

Former: Null 6 LT Kom’rk| Rancor Jedi TU Commander Knight Halsey | Rancor Alpha General Master Kit Fisto |Rancor Alpha General Branch Overseer Kit Fisto

+1